troubling issue in the Pac-12.

Pick the best coach no matter his/her race or gender. As a coach of color, I would never accept a job based upon the color of my skin, however, if I am the best qualified, I have earned the job.
Have read your post on VN for years and more often than not agree with you!! Never did I know you were of color and did not give a rats arse one way or the other!! I again agree and me being a white coach I would make the exact same statement you posted. I would also add that pick the best players available regardless of race and treat them all the same!
Thanks for your post!

Just because a rule can be abused does not discredit its purpose and aims.

I can tell there is no point in engaging with you. I don't know anything about the "Buffalo coach" per se but the point is that qualified candidates are not systematically excluded from consideration based on their race or gender. That does not mean that every hire candidate needs to be a minority or a women.

I fully stand by what I said about Rush Limbaugh, he preys on the ignorance and prejudices of his audience.

Fact checking Rush Limbaugh

And sorry amigo, you don't get demand people give you examples.

If you are too lazy to become an informed citizen, well, you have a lot of company
Way to add on at the end, give 2 examples of women being short changed in sports outside of lack of public interest

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
Comments such as this one that demonstrate why message boards are not a place for any kind of reasoned consideration conversation on complex social issues. And no, Mr. but, but, but, "libs" don't say there are no differences between men and women.

Rather, the key concern is fairness and equity. Women won the right to vote in the US in 1920 and their argument was that women had a right to political enfranchisment. The quest for fair treatment and to not to be denied opportunities simply because of one's gender has been the primary theme of the women's movement for over 100 years.

but, but, but I know Rush Limbaugh says different. Guess what, he preys on the ignorance and prejudices of his audience.

[I just don't get why people who are so threatened by the idea of gender equality participate in a women's basketball board.]
I don' listen to Rush...i listen to me

Comments such as this one that demonstrate why message boards are not a place for any kind of reasoned consideration conversation on complex social issues. And no, Mr. but, but, but, "libs" don't say there are no differences between men and women.

Rather, the key concern is fairness and equity. Women won the right to vote in the US in 1920 and their argument was that women had a right to political enfranchisment. The quest for fair treatment and to not to be denied opportunities simply because of one's gender has been the primary theme of the women's movement for over 100 years.

but, but, but I know Rush Limbaugh says different. Guess what, he preys on the ignorance and prejudices of his audience.

[I just don't get why people who are so threatened by the idea of gender equality participate in a women's basketball board.]

You essentially said in that post that Rush Limbaugh disagrees with women voting. Please provide proof for that absurd assertion.

so lets hire someone regardless of race or gender, unless it doesn't meet some ******** quota. sounds like a damned good way to get fired as an AD

You essentially said in that post that Rush Limbaugh disagrees with women voting. Please provide proof for that absurd assertion.
According to this particular poster, they dont have to give facts because if you're too lazy to do the leg work then you're just an uninformed citizen. Oh and you're ignorant and prejudiced.

Reactions: The Original Fade
If you play the "liberal" vs "conservative" card....you are yet again the victim of tribalism. I would bet you good money that if you asked any one person their take on any number of issues that effect what they want for themselves..and their family...you could not tell a so called conservative from a so called liberal. It's those issues that have no effect on us or our families that drive the wedge. We all want the same things in life except when it comes to "other" people....it's really idiotic if you think about it....

Well, my intended point is that Rush reframes the feminist call for equal treatment, which traces back to the suffragettes, as the man-hating machinations of feminazis.

Though your boy Rush did famously say this: ""I can do one better than that. When women got the right to vote's when it all went downhill," Limbaugh said. "Because that's when votes started being cast with emotion and maternal instincts that government ought to reflect."
Immediately, he stated that he was only joking, so wink, wink we are all good.

According to this particular poster, they dont have to give facts because if you're too lazy to do the leg work then you're just an uninformed citizen. Oh and you're ignorant and prejudiced.

Man, you don't quit. I said you don''t get to keep demanding more and more examples and then rejecting them, particularly when so many if the issues are public knowledge, like the gender pay gap:

Closing the gender pay gap.

It sounds like you feel threatened and offended by Rush Linbaugh and his Legion of listeners.

Reactions: sccshortstop
It’s up to the individual AD who has a position to fill to determine who is qualified and who isn’t

It should be up to the AD but you can not tell me that a women who had the best team in the MAC the last few years could not get a call after putting out 50 resumes are you serious ? But Nell Fortner can come out of retirement i don`t how many years and get a head coaching job in a power conference. Felisha Legette-Jack deserve better.

There is a level of stupid in this thread that makes my head spin. Some of you want to impose your worldview on everybody and it's ridiculous. Equality of opportunity exists. Equality of outcome does not and shall not.

Those arguing for the latter surely believe the NFL is racist because there have been ZERO starting white cornerbacks in the league for many years. One of the best paying position groups and a white guy can't land 1 of the 64 spots despite being 75% of the U.S. population? Such an oppressive system.

What about the NBA. Obviously racist because the players are 86% black, despite the country only being 12% black. Let's get those ratios in check, right ?

How about the fact that men are 10,000 times more likely to die while at work. More male priv that needs corrected , surely.

Guess what. Some genders (and yes there are only 2) are better at some things and worse at others. And some races flourish in areas that others fail. Embrace the differences, quit trying to homogenize the human race and scream race every time something doesn't fit your narrow viewpoint.

And while we're at it. The gender wage gap is also complete bs.

Man, you don't quit. I said you don''t get to keep demanding more and more examples and then rejecting them, particularly when so many if the issues are public knowledge, like the gender pay gap:

Closing the gender pay gap.
We're talking sports but I'll leave this here before moving back to sports...

Don't Buy Into The Gender Pay Gap Myth

Now let's talk pay equality in sports, WNBA averaged 7500 fans per game last season while the NBA averaged 18000 per game. Not to mention TV money, advertising, merchandise sales etc all trumping the WNBA. Should the WNBA be forced to pay their players the same as the NBA? What about the NHL, should the wnhl be forced to pay their players the same? How come sjw lebron James isn't taking a pay cut so his female counterparts can be in the same salary range that he is?

I agree ! it is what it is and some don`t like to hear the truth.

I love the truth. But, stats are stats. Not truth.

If you have an documented and verifiable example where a "best" candidate was rejected based on their "color", THEN bring it. Otherwise, you have stats and not truth.

The two should never be confused.

It should be up to the AD but you can not tell me that a women who had the best team in the MAC the last few years could not get a call after putting out 50 resumes are you serious ? But Nell Fortner can come out of retirement i don`t how many years and get a head coaching job in a power conference. Felisha Legette-Jack deserve better.

Name 50 jobs that were open that was better than buffalo..... why would she tell her current employer that she is trying to escape by all means necessary..... Nell Fortner wouldn’t have been my choice but she has been a successful coach in the past and all it takes is one AD to become enamored with her.

VN Store

Back