Trey Smith Quote hits hard

All players say that.

And call it a coincidence, but usually players seem to have more affection for coaches who lose than those who win.

Will Muschamp was one of the most beloved coaches by UF players I’ve ever seen.

#Vols Sr OL Trey Smith on Jeremy Pruitt: It’s easy to criticize from the outside, but the culture here needed to change. It wasn’t gonna happen overnight. There’s not a lot of people in this business who care as much about their players as Coach Pruitt. Give him time.
I’m sure Pruitt does care about the plates but that doesn’t change the fact that’s he’s ****ing clueless. And what culture change is he talking about, a culture where we value cornbread over juice bars?

Reactions: tbh
Does Pruitt not see how the team responds when a qb change happens? Trey and company actually looked like they gave a crap when HB came marching out. JG is a cancer on the field, he’s not a leader that the team responds to very well.
I wanted JG out as much as anyone. But the problem was the coaching. Not the QB. Didn't matter who was handing it off. We were getting 10 yards a pop on the ground. No reason at all to pass when we did. Break them running it. Our coaches were too stupid to see that. Not JG's fault.

It's all well and good that Pruitt cares about his players, but at the end of the day his number one job responsibility is to put a winning product on the field. He's doing a poor job of that

I wanted JG out as much as anyone. But the problem was the coaching. Not the QB. Didn't matter who was handing it off. We were getting 10 yards a pop on the ground. No reason at all to pass when we did. Break them running it. Our coaches were too stupid to see that. Not JG's fault.

I get what you’re saying, but i honestly believe the players are mentally exhausted with who’s taking the snaps. Good kid off the field, not worth a crap on it.

#Vols Sr OL Trey Smith on Jeremy Pruitt: It’s easy to criticize from the outside, but the culture here needed to change. It wasn’t gonna happen overnight. There’s not a lot of people in this business who care as much about their players as Coach Pruitt. Give him time.
If he really cared about his players he wouldn't keep putting them in a position to lose every single week. JG sucks. He has sucked for 4 years now. Pruitt has yet to show anyone he cares enough to try something different. His BS excuse of JG giving us the best chance to win is all but used up. You can't keep losing and at the same time tell everyone the losing QB is the best chance. Pruitt needs to get his sh!t together or we need to send him packing. This isn't a mentoring program. This is a college football team that is expected to win. If he wants to hold hands and make friends let him start his own Boys Club.

When you‘re getting 10 yards a pop on the ground there should be some 20’s and 30’s on play action every now and then.

Being a 5th year senior and not air mailing it 20 rows back beyond the end zone after standing flat footed in the pocket for 5 seconds was in fact his fault.

When you‘re getting 10 yards a pop on the ground there should be some 20’s and 30’s on play action every now and then.

How is it that the QB who is supposed to give the team the best chance at success, is in his 5th year of college ball, and still can't consistently run an RPO?

Reactions: Mrgro and hog88
Trey Smith may be a team leader--God bless him, that's what a team needs. On the other hand, at 22yo, he's in no position to advise administration or paying adult fans. He needs to stay in his lane

Arkansas must have brought in a culture changing consultant. Someone should tell them it's supposed to take 4-5 years to change cultures
It should not be taking this long to change course and “right the ship”. Watching GA state beat us in front of 102K was difficult, but watching us somewhat regroup and beat the bottom dwellers of the SEC last year and getting some decent talent, I’ll admit, I was taken in and built some optimism for this year. We have regressed terribly, not developed talent, and are not only getting beat badly, but embarrassed weekly. Fans, this is not moving forward!!

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
Trey Smith may be a team leader--God bless him, that's what a team needs. On the other hand, at 22yo, he's in no position to advise administration or paying adult fans. He needs to stay in his lane
So do most of our fans. Cheer, support and be quiet.

So do most of our fans. Cheer, support and be quiet.
Lol. I'm not sure what universe you're living in, but there are no fans in America going to cheer, support, and be quiet. I'll look around to see if I can find a time machine to transport you back to the 50s. Maybe I'll hop on board and go too.

Reactions: VAVol85

VN Store

Back