Trey Smith Quote hits hard

#Vols Sr OL Trey Smith on Jeremy Pruitt: It’s easy to criticize from the outside, but the culture here needed to change. It wasn’t gonna happen overnight. There’s not a lot of people in this business who care as much about their players as Coach Pruitt. Give him time.
Treys lack of leadership is part of the problem

The kid, and yes I know he’s a kid,
Experienced both Butch and Pruitt. He sees a stark difference in Pruitt. This is coming from a guy with enough talent to be an NFL HOF guy if his health holds up. He respects Pruitt. That says something, bias or not.
This year is much like 2016 ( not wins and losses ) but in the sense that's when Butch started letting the players run the program. Jeremy has done the same, the inmates are running the asylum

Realistically, we played and coached well. Minus two missed Field Goals(6 points) and a pick 6 from the AU 13 yard line (7 points). We gained over 400 yards of offense and won the TOP, Rushing and Passing battles. Those 3 mistakes cost us the ball game.
The pick 6 was actually a 10 or 14 point swing and with at least one of the missed FG's the game's final score could have easily been 27-23 for UT or a 23-23 tie. My summary is that JG does not do well at all in the red zone a majority of the time. To compound that,offensive play-calling leaves a lot to be desired and I don't even know if Chaney knows how to scheme an entire game. Both he and Weinke are getting sort of a free ride because they can use JG as a scapegoat/excuse. This has Fulmer in a bad spot and 3 coaches, (Friend, Weinke, Chaney) will get another year using covid to cover their ineptness.
I hate to see our OLine play that well all for 'naught because of someone else's decision making.

Realistically, we played and coached well. Minus two missed Field Goals(6 points) and a pick 6 from the AU 13 yard line (7 points). We gained over 400 yards of offense and won the TOP, Rushing and Passing battles. Those 3 mistakes cost us the ball game.
So in year 3 we're celebrating near misses and almost wins? Got it

Sorry Trey, you are 22 and have an emotional attachment to Pruitt. The guy is a moron. I'm glad he can go on SJW walks with you, but he is a buffoon.
Wow. You’re claiming to know better than Trey!. By the way, how those last 3 coaching changes work out?

#Vols Sr OL Trey Smith on Jeremy Pruitt: It’s easy to criticize from the outside, but the culture here needed to change. It wasn’t gonna happen overnight. There’s not a lot of people in this business who care as much about their players as Coach Pruitt. Give him time.
IMO the culture has changed but for the worse. I don’t see a lot difference between CBJ last team and this one. This team is the first team in UT history to lose 5 games in a row by double digits. The culture basically sucks.

Reactions: lifeisdeep
It never should have come to that was my point. Running was working. They had no answer for that. Keep running it.
I agree it shouldn’t have but it did so therefore you can’t just absolve him of blame because it was an rpo. Jarrett is a 5th year senior and is stupid enough to pull it and throw instead of hand it off.

Leadership from coaches AND players sucks! You’d think the players would be sick of losing but evidently they’re not.

I appreciate him supporting his coach. But " caring about the players" doesn't win games. For the first time in my adult life, TN football does not dictate how I spend my Saturdays. That in and of itself is heartbreaking. With the product on the field, should it remain the same, I will need to determine if season tickets are still something I need to spend $'s on. I hate it, I really do.

Sorry Trey, you are 22 and have an emotional attachment to Pruitt. The guy is a moron. I'm glad he can go on SJW walks with you, but he is a buffoon.

Wow. Crazy to see people turning on Trey Smith who risked his life to comeback and play.

Just when you think 2020 can’t get weirder.

Reactions: orangebloodforlife
If I remember correctly a few weeks ago Henry To'oTo'o had a tweet with his fingers crossed about Harrison Bailey.. Most people I've talked to thought he wss gesturing that he hoped Bailey would start.
I respect Trey, but my personal opinion is that this team has no respect for Pruitt or JG...

When I start listening to 20 somethings I’ll go bankrupt.
iu

Wow. Crazy to see people turning on Trey Smith who risked his life to comeback and play.

Just when you think 2020 can’t get weirder.
So we have to agree with anything he says because he made a brave decision? Makes perfect sense.

It's easy to wear blinders when you are part of the problem and don't want to admit truth.

VN Store

Back