Trey Smith Quote hits hard

I think the reality is Pruitt is back next year no matter what. The UTAD is not going to fire a coach due to results (or the lack thereof) in the Covid season. Also, I think it's highly unlikely that UTAD would start paying huge buyouts and undertake a new coaching search, and then hire another multimillion dollar coach, at the same time it is requiring its rank and file employees to take pay cuts. Just not going to happen.

If there is not massive improvement next season, then I would say all bets are off for 2022. JMHO.

So we have to agree with anything he says because he made a brave decision? Makes perfect sense.

I didn’t say that. But way to make an ass of yourself.

Simply put, Trey has invested more into the program than anyone writing a check has.

For people to sit here and turn on Trey Smith is quite amazing. But hey, it’s easy to be triggered from the couch watching on TV

Reactions: orangebloodforlife
Does Pruitt not see how the team responds when a qb change happens? Trey and company actually looked like they gave a crap when HB came marching out. JG is a cancer on the field, he’s not a leader that the team responds to very well.
You know, it is not JG’s fault. What do you want him to do or say? “Hey Coach, I don’t want to play because I’m not good enough.” CJP is responsible for JG playing, you cannot fault JG for putting on his helmet and doing the best he can. He is a tough young man is has been asked to do something he can’t.

Reactions: LordBolton
You know, it is not JG’s fault. What do you want him to do or say? “Hey Coach, I don’t want to play because I’m not good enough.” CJP is responsible for JG playing, you cannot fault JG for putting on his helmet and doing the best he can. He is a tough young man is has been asked to do something he can’t.

Read the first sentence I typed again. I’m saying this is 100% on Pruitt for continually playing him.

Reactions: Mightyvol

Simply put, Trey has invested more into the program than anyone writing a check has.

For people to sit here and turn on Trey Smith is quite amazing. But hey, it’s easy to be triggered from the couch watching on TV

Disagreeing with someone's opinion is not "turning on him."

My father fought in World War II, but you'd never have wanted to take financial advice from him. See how that works?

I like my old mechanic until he messes something up then when a new fixes the mistake he made he becomes the best thing since sliced bread.

Wow. Crazy to see people turning on Trey Smith who risked his life to comeback and play.

Just when you think 2020 can’t get weirder.

Where did I "turn" on Trey?

Whatever he risked, he did for himself, as he should.

No, 2020 is still got plenty of normal, dumb is prevalent.

When I start listening to 20 somethings I’ll go bankrupt.
As a young person myself, I can absolutely agree with this. In many aspects of life. You learn a lot more in your 20s than school can ever teach you; as long as that’s the decade you start a career and living on your own dollar.

I honestly don't know what he even means by a culture change. Does that mean players aren't doing the right things to get better? If so, you're a team leader so go get in their faces and call them out. Does it mean they don't think they can win? Did they all come from losing high school programs? Winning should already be ingrained in most of these guys. I truly don't know what he means by a culture change that can't be accomplished in three years. A lot of these players weren't even at the university three years ago so the only culture they have been exposed to is the one CJP has put in place. What am I missing? What culture change is he talking about?

Where did I "turn" on Trey?

Whatever he risked, he did for himself, as he should.

No, 2020 is still got plenty of normal, dumb is prevalent.

Calling Trey a kid and belittling his opinion as a cause of youth and inexperience was a dumb thing to do. Especially considering that “kid” has invested and done more for Tennessee football than some guy watching on tv and typing on a message board like a keyboard warrior

Calling Trey a kid and belittling his opinion as a cause of youth and inexperience was a dumb thing to do. Especially considering that “kid” has invested and done more for Tennessee football than some guy watching on tv and typing on a message board like a keyboard warrior

I belittled his opinion because it is wrong and is tainted by emotion, a mistake common among the youthful.

What he or I have done for TN football is irrelevant in regards to Pruitt's performance.

Got anymore?

Arkansas must have brought in a culture changing consultant. Someone should tell them it's supposed to take 4-5 years to change cultures

Great point. Worth pointing out though, that Arkansas started much lower than us, therefore easier to improve. Believe it or not, Pruitt did beat Auburn down there in 2018 . Don't get me wrong, I am very impressed with what Pittman has accomplished, but I will point out they still have a losing record. The easy part is over, let's see if Pittman can get them over 500 now. It's going to be much tougher for him to get to the next level.

I belittled his opinion because it is wrong and is tainted by emotion, a mistake common among the youthful.

What he or I have done for TN football is irrelevant in regards to Pruitt's performance.

Got anymore?

So your opinion is unbiased and not tainted by emotion?

“Trey, your opinion of the program is wrong even though you’re apart of it and me, I just watch it on tv and buy a ticket occasionally. Basically i have no impact on the program but my opinion trumps all.”

Wow how perfect of you. Amazing you apparently are never wrong!

#Vols Sr OL Trey Smith on Jeremy Pruitt: It’s easy to criticize from the outside, but the culture here needed to change. It wasn’t gonna happen overnight. There’s not a lot of people in this business who care as much about their players as Coach Pruitt. Give him time.
He should be doing time for theft based on the team he's managed to put on the field this year.

Reactions: lifeisdeep
So your opinion is unbiased and not tainted by emotion?

Wow how perfect of you. Amazing you apparently are never wrong!

I am not connected to Pruitt and much less connected to the football program than Smith, so yes, my opinion is much less biased than his.

Pruitt has done a terrible job. You are free to refute that with some facts. Get to it.

I am not connected to Pruitt and much less connected to the football program than Smith, so yes, my opinion is much less biased than his.

Pruitt has done a terrible job. You are free to refute that with some facts. Get to it.

If only that’s what your whole starting point was. Except it wasn’t. It was to attack Trey’s opinion as misguided because he is apparently a “kid”

If only that’s what your whole starting point was. Except it wasn’t. It was to attack Trey’s opinion as misguided because he is apparently a “kid”

It is misguided. And it is because of his youth.

If the "kid" part bothers you, dont care.

It is misguided. And it is because of his youth.

If the "kid" part bothers you, dont care.

Says the guy who is nothing more than couch potato fan with no real impact or say so on the program. Thinking Trey is young or immature or inexperienced is very ignorant

I don’t give a sh** what trey says about Pruitt “caring” for the players. Pruitt is an absolutely garbage coach. Just awful. He should be fired. All that “but he cares about me” crap doesn’t matter.

Never thought about turning on Trey until he started promoting mediocrity for UT football. You just lost 5 double digit games in the programs history. That qualifies as mediocrity.

#Vols Sr OL Trey Smith on Jeremy Pruitt: It’s easy to criticize from the outside, but the culture here needed to change. It wasn’t gonna happen overnight. There’s not a lot of people in this business who care as much about their players as Coach Pruitt. Give him time.
I can appreciate that, which is why I don't want him fired yet. Same **** next season and all bets are off.

VN Store

Back