Trey Smith Quote hits hard

Trey has sacrificed more than the armchair QB’s and couch potato fans watching on TV have for the University of Tennessee. Forgive me if I don’t think people who watch on TV have a bigger claim to impacting the program than the guy who risked his life to come back and play for the actual program.
Risking your life to play a game is stupid. Your logic is stupid.

You can try all you want but you still can't make 2+2 equal 7. Has Trey impacted the program? Absolutely. Has he had more impact than 100,000 fans staying home next year will if we don't hire a competent coach? Not even close.

As I have already stated, Trey made a brave personal decision, which most certainly will benefit him in a few months' time with a very large paycheck, which he completely deserves. Does that mean that no one who follows Tennessee football has ever had to make brave personal decisions of their own? This may be difficult for you to fathom, but I'd be willing to wager that two or three, or four or five, fans of this football program have had to deal with adversity every bit as daunting as Trey has - one or two may have had to deal with more. There are most likely one or two Vol fans somewhere on planet earth who have lost a loved one who died young from disease or random catastrophe; there are more than likely one or two who have had to deal with divorce; probably one or two have had financial calamities and lost everything they owned. Probably these people, assuming that they exist, get great enjoyment from watching UT football, and possibly even invest a great deal of emotional energy into the outcome of games and seasons, just as the rest of us on here who have perfect lives and are just worthless armchair coaches do. But of course the games aren't played for them, or us, and the many years and hundreds of hours we have devoted to following the team through thick and thin (with the emphasis on thin for several years now) matter not a whit.

Last i checked, no fans are coming out of the stands to play ball and run thru the T. Please cry some more and attack players as “young and immature” because they have an opinion that differs from couch potato fans. Cry more.

You're taking this way to personal and being overly emotional. Nobody here including you is a member of the team, but that doesn't void their opinions. Some of which are valid and spot on...

Actually I’m taking this just fine. I’m not the one attacking Trey for having an opinion that isn’t popular and casting him aside all because he’s “just a kid” and obvious young and immature.

Last i checked, no fans are coming out of the stands to play ball and run thru the T. Please cry some more and attack players as “young and immature” because they have an opinion that differs from couch potato fans. Cry more.
Only one crying is you.. Sobbing for the poor, maligned player whose motives are questioned.. Wailing that a fan basically have no right to an opinion concerning players because they don't play themselves..

Go check yourself, you're taking this way to seriously....

Ok I'll play. Why has the culture not changed?

Imo culture has not changed because Pruitt is not a motivational person, he seems to treat it more like a business routine, do your job, execute, with no intensity, no motivation to really play. No momentum. A good motivational speaker could do wonders for this team. We don't play with near the emotion of any other team. They don't play like they are having fun, they play like the are doing a job with no motivation at all. Ark. with much less talent than ut, is playing with intensity and motivation.

Reactions: spyfish007
Actually I’m taking this just fine. I’m not the one attacking Trey for having an opinion that isn’t popular and casting him aside all because he’s “just a kid” and obvious young and immature.
Attacking him? He questioned his motives. Trey plays on a big stage and if he's going to come out and make public statements, then he can expect a response. But, it's a good thing has you're here to protect him from us mean ole fans.

Only one crying is you.. Sobbing for the poor, maligned player whose motives are questioned.. Wailing that a fan basically have no right to an opinion concerning players because they don't play themselves..

Go check yourself, you're taking this way to seriously....

Just looked in mirror, no tears from me. Actually had a smile. And once again, you are confused. No one is wailing about anything. My whole point is that calling Trey Smith a kid and young and immature because he offers an unpopular opinion is an ignorant and pompous thing to do. Especially when “that kid” has done more the program than any of us spectators have with our wallets.

I guess some people don’t like that the guy risked his life to come back to play for us and will soon be a millionaire in the NFL. But hey, let’s attack the guy for saying nice things about Pruitt and call him “a kid” on the Internet....

Just looked in mirror, no tears from me. Actually had a smile. And once again, you are confused. No one is wailing about anything. My whole point is that calling Trey Smith a kid and young and immature because he offers an unpopular opinion is an ignorant and pompous thing to do. Especially when “that kid” has done more the program than any of us spectators have with our wallets.

I guess some people don’t like that the guy risked his life to come back to play for us and will soon be a millionaire in the NFL. But hey, let’s attack the guy for saying nice things about Pruitt and call him “a kid” on the Internet....
Jesus dude, you're acting like he's your boyfriend or something. You're making my point about taking this way too seriously....

Reactions: lifeisdeep
It never should have come to that was my point. Running was working. They had no answer for that. Keep running it.

But no team can just run and win many games, other teams will adjust to this. You must have a balanced attack to win any championship.

Imo culture has not changed because Pruitt is not a motivational person, he seems to treat it more like a business routine, do your job, execute, with no intensity, no motivation to really play. No momentum. A good motivational speaker could do wonders for this team. We don't play with near the emotion of any other team. They don't play like they are having fun, they play like the are doing a job with no motivation at all. Ark. with much less talent than ut, is playing with intensity and motivation.
To me this is a big difference between college and pros. In college you have to be part motivation speaker.

I would love to have their OC too...Nick Sheridan.
Guy called a hell of a game. Found weaknesses and kept dialing it up all day and OSU had very few answers.
If not for one or two errant judgements by Penix, IU wins that game.
it was 42-21 and Indiana didnt cross midfield on offense until the 2nd half, two garbage TDs don't change that...

I've been in a coma for a couple of years, who is this Trey Smith?

it was 42-21 and Indiana didnt cross midfield on offense until the 2nd half, two garbage TDs don't change that...
Two garbage TD's? Indiana scored to make it 42-35 with almost 11 minutes left and had 3 possessions in the 4th quarter with a chance to tie or take the lead. My extended family is filled with OSU fans and they were sweating big time. There were no garbage TD's.

Coach Pruitt did not miss two field goals nor throw the interception that put us out of the game. Our freshman QB did a got job and will lead us to success next year. QB JG has been here for years and has still not learned to throw the football into triple coverage or in the case last night where there was no receiver. You might as well start supporting Coach Pruitt because UT cannot fire him being $40 million dollars in the hole from the virus reduced ticket sales and still paying off Butch Jones...who is going to step up and furnish UT the $50 million to do it? You say he has had time which is pure BS...look how long it took Clemson to rebuild their program!!!!!!!!!!!
Hahaha.
Ok buddy

Sorry Trey, you are 22 and have an emotional attachment to Pruitt. The guy is a moron. I'm glad he can go on SJW walks with you, but he is a buffoon.
I know I’m late responding to this post, but if I could give a million “likes” I would. Worrying about what protest to march in all summer, just to kiss the players’ rears, is exactly why we’re in the situation that we find ourselves.

I know this "football season" thing is just a drag and is kind of annoying and time consuming, but the good news is that Trey, Pruitt, and the rest of the team are going to be able to get back to what they do best in just a few weeks: marching for pretend justice up and down the streets of Knoxville.

not everyone on the team...

#Vols Sr OL Trey Smith on Jeremy Pruitt: It’s easy to criticize from the outside, but the culture here needed to change. It wasn’t gonna happen overnight. There’s not a lot of people in this business who care as much about their players as Coach Pruitt. Give him time.
All of that could be true... and Pruitt might not be the right coach to create the culture needed to win at UT. Or it could be another deficiency that prevents him from being the right guy. Culture and a coach devoted to his players are necessities... but not the ONLY necessities.

So do most of our fans. Cheer, support and be quiet.
No. They don't. Acceptance of the non-sense we've been seeing is the WRONG answer. The idea that we should cheer and be quiet is the OPPOSITE of what yields a winner. Clemson and Bama are at the apex of CFB right now. Neither fanbase "cheered, supported, and remained quiet" until they were rewarded with a winner.

Accepting a low standard never made anything better.

Attacking him? He questioned his motives. Trey plays on a big stage and if he's going to come out and make public statements, then he can expect a response. But, it's a good thing has you're here to protect him from us mean ole fans.
You know you can't do that. You might damage the psyche of the snowflakes. They'll be forced to retreat into their realm of drinking hot cocoa and eating avocado toast while participating in socially distanced group therapy and snuggling with their emotional support animals.

When players have to come out and defend you and make cases that coach cares about me, it's over. The goose is cooked.

VN Store

Back