Transfers?

Who will be the first?

Actually, we are going to get a great new coach. Kara Lawson will be the surprise hire with her assistant Wes moore. Kara will shock the basketball world by being Pat Summitt incarnate only with a greater understanding of offensive schemes.

Uconn's 5 best players will immediately transfer in to the vol program. [To clarify, the entire Uconn roster will request a transfer but Kara will only take the "cream of the crop" and suggest that the others go to Carson Newman, all will follow her suggesstion and CN will win the D3 championship).

The LVs will be so stacked and become such an unstoppable basketball machine that he NCAA will divide them into two teams LVs1 and LVS2 and both will bring their undefeated records to the NC championship game.

Realizing the power shift, Geno will resign from his position and ask to become an assistant coach for the LVs. Kara will decline but suggest that Geno could possibly work his way up the hierarchy and offer him the entry level job of sweeping up after practice and making sure the lights are turned off.

10 years later, upon completing her 10th undefeated season, Kara will thank Geno for keeping the practice floors spotless. Geno will later tweet that Kara's praise was the highlight of his basketball career.

Actually, we are going to get a great new coach. Kara Lawson will be the surprise hire with her assistant Wes moore. Kara will shock the basketball world by being Pat Summitt incarnate only with a greater understanding of offensive schemes.

Uconn's 5 best players will immediately transfer in to the vol program. [To clarify, the entire Uconn roster will request a transfer but Kara will only take the "cream of the crop" and suggest that the others go to Carson Newman, all will follow her suggesstion and CN will win the D3 championship).

The LVs will be so stacked and become such an unstoppable basketball machine that he NCAA will divide them into two teams LVs1 and LVS2 and both will bring their undefeated records to the NC championship game.

Realizing the power shift, Geno will resign from his position and ask to become an assistant coach for the LVs. Kara will decline but suggest that Geno could possibly work his way up the hierarchy and offer him the entry level job of sweeping up after practice and making sure the lights are turned off.

10 years later, upon completing her 10th undefeated season, Kara will thank Geno for keeping the practice floors spotless. Geno will later tweet that Kara's praise was the highlight of his basketball career.
Wes Moore will not leave his NCSU head coaching job to be an assistant coach at Tennessee. He would be an idiot to do that.

Reactions: sccshortstop
Wes Moore will not leave his NCSU head coaching job to be an assistant coach at Tennessee. He would be an idiot to do that.

Oh no, next you are going to tell me that Geno is really not going to resign in order to sweep the floors after the LV practices.

I guess some folks really do need blue font.

PS.
Monty Python and the Holy Grail was not a documentary! I know shocker...

I can't imagine Holly coaching anywhere else. I really believe that the only place Holly wanted to coach was Tennessee. I just can't see her wearing another color except that of the Lady Vols.
I can't see her coaching anywhere else besides Tennessee because I can't see any other team being foolish enough to hire her. They all know she can't coach.

Reactions: 1reVOLver
I can't see her coaching anywhere else besides Tennessee because I can't see any other team being foolish enough to hire her. They all know she can't coach.
Sad, but true. How do you sell HW to the fanbase? Just emphasize the record and don't get into details. At all.

Each player needs to ask herself what her goals are for college basketball. If it is only playing time, they could have gone to a mid-major to be the star of the team and play 40 minutes each game. Would that help prepare them for basketball after college?

Is the goal to develop so the player's basketball skills are not the same as a college senior as they were as a high school senior? If so, will Holly help them to grow and develop as players?

If college is just a stepping stone to a lucrative basketball career, will Holly help each player develop to be a star in the WNBA and overseas? How many members of the 2017 WNBA all-star game were coached by Holly? Parker was the only player to represent Tennessee and she was coached by Pat, not Holly. How many of Holly's players even start on a WNBA team?

Is a goal to be on the US Olympic team? How many players on the 2016 Olympic team were coached by Holly? How many of Holly's players do you think will be on Dawn's 2020 Olympic team?

Is a goal to play in the Final Four and win a national championship? Holly has yet to bring a team to the Final Four and Tennessee's last team to do so was in 2008, long before Holly took over.

So yes, the three freshmen are getting a lot of opportunity to play (and lose), but is that all they want? Do they have bigger ambitions than just playing as freshmen? Each one has to ask herself if Holly will help her achieve her long-term goals. If the answer is yes, then stay.

A player's decision on where to attend school is also about more than just basketball. As student athletes, their first priority should be on getting an education. Kids are also in school to grow from adolescents into adults and learn how to live independently from their parents. How many minutes each one plays isn't always the most important thing in the long term.
This is why I like women's basketball a bit better than the men. I like the WNBA having age requirements. Why not stay in school and get your degree. And go ahead and transfer......Just means you will have to sit out a year and for a player, that would be a bummer.

Reactions: stlvolsfan
This is why I like women's basketball a bit better than the men. I like the WNBA having age requirements. Why not stay in school and get your degree. And go ahead and transfer......Just means you will have to sit out a year and for a player, that would be a bummer.

The salary max in the WNBA is about $115,000. My daughter graduated 5 years ago and is making $140K. It absolutely makes sense to finish your five years of eligibility and leave school with a good degree. If you’re not a top player, women’s college basketball is a great way to get your tuition paid, but there is more money in hooking up with a good company after you graduate.

Take off the blinders for a second and you'll see Holly's record isn't that bad. While she couldn't keep Tennessee at the level we've grown accustomed to, that doesn't translate to her being a "horrible" coach. I'm sure if she wants to coach elsewhere, there will be teams interested.

I was trying to be nice, however, I have to agree. I highly doubt that her mailbox is or will be loaded with mail from schools seeking her as their head coach.

Reactions: Amb3096

VN Store

Back