Transfers?

She only played 3 years at Ole Miss. I don't believe she graduated. The announcement from UNC said she was sitting out next season per NCAA transfer rules.

Yes she's sitting out a year and she wont appeal it because it works in her favor. She wants to play in the WNBA and be a possible 1st round selection. Next years draft is loaded but the 2020 draft there is a chance she can actually crack the top 5-8 if she plays well at NC. She also allows them to develop and hopefully return to the tournament next season (they had at least 3 key pieces redshirt due to injury last season), so that when she returns hopefully she's that missing piece that helps them return to where they once were.

Reactions: 1 person
mlindsay,

UNC recruiting has definitely fallen off drastically and in the few games I've watched I know they hope the missing pieces can play defense. Years of great point guards -

Mississippi is at the bottom (deep) and their rival is surprisingly at the top. Miss had several changes at the golden ring, and many years being in the top tier of the SEC. Not an easy job for a new head coach.

Wonder who they are clearing a roster spot for? Could this be a move to convince Anriel Howard to come there? or are they looking to add another 2018 player as a grad transfer?
It doesn’t make sense to me...so is she not doing well in school and needs to get her grades together so she can graduate or does she want to play ball somewhere else?

It doesn’t make sense to me...so is she not doing well in school and needs to get her grades together so she can graduate or does she want to play ball somewhere else?

She isn't going to play ball according to the article I read it said she is going elsewhere to finish her education and is done with basketball.

I think they had room for Howard whether Hosey was there or not.

They would've been at 15 with Hosey. They had 8 returning and they added Dani Williams (transfer from A&M) which gave them 9 and the you add their 5 player recruiting class this year. Which gives you 14. Hosey leaving (whether it is voluntary or forced out) opens up a spot for someone that they may be interesting in adding.

Ole Miss guard Madinah Muhammad transfers to UNC for her final year of eligibility. She would have been a great pickup for any team.

I wonder if the Ole Miss girls who transferred can appeal sitting out a year. Seems a bit unfair to punish them for opting to leave when the coach who they signed up to play for was fired. I wouldn't be surprised to see someone like Madinah or Promise successfully appeal the waiting period.
You play 3 yrs at Ole Miss...enjoyed it, now transfer for last season and walk with a degree from UNC instead of Ole Miss...no brainer, wise young lady!

You play 3 yrs at Ole Miss...enjoyed it, now transfer for last season and walk with a degree from UNC instead of Ole Miss...no brainer, wise young lady!

It's extremely rare for any university to award an undergraduate degree to an undergraduate transfer student who has completed fewer than four semesters at that school. Which means I would expect her to sit out a year while taking classes and then finish her final year of eligibility.

way way back 50 years my wife married me and completed her fourth year at a different university. before she left she got the approvals necessary to graduate from the university of the first three years. Next month is our 50th so I made the best possible decision. no she didn't play sports (smile)

It's extremely rare for any university to award an undergraduate degree to an undergraduate transfer student who has completed fewer than four semesters at that school. Which means I would expect her to sit out a year while taking classes and then finish her final year of eligibility.
.Yes, of course she sits out a year...get free tuition a 45k out of state gift tuition and board, then plays a year, and graduates from one of the top public universities in America...I applaud her!

Amber Ramirez TCU transfer to Arkansas they just got a lot better at the guard position. She can really shoot the ball.

I'm ready to take whatever blows we have to take to right the ship. Holly needs to go and then we'll see who stays and who transfers. The way these players are playing for Holly I don't expect many to leave because they get a new coach that can help them be better players. She is not making any of them better. They were better when they first got her through her coach most have gotten worse. You expect to start over hopefully next coach would have some players with them that would want to come here that they recruited etc. The future needs to be replace the biggest problem and it is obvious who that is.

Reactions: stlvolsfan
I think there will be a lot of transfers when the new head coach is hired and there will be a rebuilding job for the new head coach.

VN Store

Back