'24 Transfer Portal

Are we pursuing anyone else? We're tight on numbers, so adding now means subtracting later. But there are still some intriguing players out there.

Tacario Davis just hit the portal from Arizona.

His teammate Ephesians Prysock is also good.

And Raymond Pulido, also from AZ, could potentially fill the LG spot.

As far as I know, we're not currently pursuing anyone else, and we might not. The coaches may be happy with where they sit. Roster numbers currently have us at 84 scholarship players next year. It's been said we want to be at either 82 or 83 because of the NCAA scholarship penalties, so I expect the coaches anticipate losing at least one of those players. And we could lose more after Spring practice and position battles.

Are we pursuing anyone else? We're tight on numbers, so adding now means subtracting later. But there are still some intriguing players out there.

Tacario Davis just hit the portal from Arizona.

FWIW Davis supposedly has a no contact tag, so he already has a destination

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Didn’t realize there was such a thing.
It's not "official." It's a "don't contact me. I'll contact you."

I'm pretty sure.........

Players can opt to add a “do not contact” designation on their transfer portal entry, which means schools are unable to communicate with that player unless the player initiates communication first.
No-Contact Tag Article

I should clarify that the tag doesn't mean they aren't open for business.... it could be a Bo Nix situation

Does anyone know who we are going after in the portal? I just spent about 30 mins going through HUNDREDS of players listed on 247 in the portal. There are some really intriguing guys available. I just can't seems to find anything on who we have engaged. Any help please? Thank y'all VolNation!

Reactions: VolInDayton
Does anyone know who we are going after in the portal? I just spent about 30 mins going through HUNDREDS of players listed on 247 in the portal. There are some really intriguing guys available. I just can't seems to find anything on who we have engaged. Any help please? Thank y'all VolNation!
We are at our limit on scholarships at the moment so kinda hard to go after anybody

Reactions: Tman44
The only “needs” we have are finding a starting LG (which I think they think will work itself out with our current guys) and making sure we don’t find ourselves in a vulnerable situation with RB depth (and so could see them adding one, but it wont be someone expected to start and they won’t pay up for them). In either scenario, someone’s got to leave for them to add I believe. Expecting a quiet spring. Also means they did a good job addressing needs and securing the roster/expectations going into the spring.

We’re in a good spot. Let’s hope the team chemistry comes together by end of fall camp for a playoff run.

Reactions: Palm Beach Vol
The only “needs” we have are finding a starting LG (which I think they think will work itself out with our current guys) and making sure we don’t find ourselves in a vulnerable situation with RB depth (and so could see them adding one, but it wont be someone expected to start and they won’t pay up for them). In either scenario, someone’s got to leave for them to add I believe. Expecting a quiet spring. Also means they did a good job addressing needs and securing the roster/expectations going into the spring.

We’re in a good spot. Let’s hope the team chemistry comes together by end of fall camp for a playoff run.
I think the running back room is fine as is

I think the running back room is fine as is
As long as Sampson stays healthy, I feel “ok”. If something were to happen to him and seldon isn’t ready to go, we’re looking at playing 3 rbs that have no game experience (bishop, Keith, Lewis). Really hope seldon with the shoulder surgery can be ready to go when the season comes around but I read somewhere an expectation of September/october. Need Peyton Lewis to hit the ground running come summer when he gets on campus.

No clue if a good idea or not, but I’d have Sampson in a no contact jersey for fall practice or whatever is the appropriate measure to protect his health heading into the season.

Reactions: PlanetVolunteer
As long as Sampson stays healthy, I feel “ok”. If something were to happen to him and seldon isn’t ready to go, we’re looking at playing 3 rbs that have no game experience (bishop, Keith, Lewis). Really hope seldon with the shoulder surgery can be ready to go when the season comes around but I read somewhere an expectation of September/october. Need Peyton Lewis to hit the ground running come summer when he gets on campus.

No clue if a good idea or not, but I’d have Sampson in a no contact jersey for fall practice or whatever is the appropriate measure to protect his health heading into the season.
Tis true, we can't survive that much attrition at RB with Seldon out.

I think our system makes it easier for RB's to be successful, but we are two injuries away from a pretty desperate situation.

If that's the case...I'm afraid we'll have to summon the worry circle 😬 🟠

Have to wonder where the staff is on Worry meter with our current room. Do they believe it is worthy of burning another counter? Would they SUGGEST an NIL investment? Is adding a comparable BUT experienced guy worthwhile? Inside the room injury analysis is in play.

Don’t see a known difference maker wanting to jump on board unless there are vibes leaking out of our locker room into the player network. It can happen, but unless someone just falls into our lap I think we sit tight and I will not lose sleep. Probably a one year guy if added and late breaking portal updates have me confused on how late this can be done.

Have to wonder where the staff is on Worry meter with our current room. Do they believe it is worthy of burning another counter? Would they SUGGEST an NIL investment? Is adding a comparable BUT experienced guy worthwhile? Inside the room injury analysis is in play.

Don’t see a known difference maker wanting to jump on board unless there are vibes leaking out of our locker room into the player network. It can happen, but unless someone just falls into our lap I think we sit tight and I will not lose sleep. Probably a one year guy if added and late breaking portal updates have me confused on how late this can be done.

You don’t have to wonder. You can see by the fact they haven’t heavily pursued a RB in the portal that their worry meter isn’t very worried.

VN Store

Back