'24 Transfer Portal

Yeah I am going to have to disagree on that one. He was a Freshman All American and Freshman All SEC. Not many freshman tackles have started at Alabama under Saban.
They had to play him because they really didn’t have other options. Not many true freshmen OT start all season, so he’s naturally going to be on Freshmen All Conference teams. Can he improve? Sure. But I read he struggled against quick DE’s. Linked article about Saban’s thoughts. Cam Robinson was the only other freshman OT under Saban, and there is a reason for that.

Last edited:
We won't get him anyway, but we could still use him. See if he's willing to play RT. He has 3 years of eligibility left.
We have our RT. He will want to start. Just because someone is in the portal, doesn’t mean we need them. It gives Warren and Anderson a year to develop.

If Proctor is good enough, he won’t have 3 years, just like Heard.

We have our RT. He will want to start. Just because someone is in the portal, doesn’t mean we need them. It gives Warren and Anderson a year to develop.

If Proctor is good enough, he won’t have 3 years, just like Heard.
Yes, because pursuing top talent is always a bad idea. Like I said, the chances of us getting him are slim to none, but he's a great talent, and you at least call him up. I agree with everyone that he's going home to Iowa, but he's going to be a damn good player IMO.

Should we not contact Caleb Downs, either? I mean, we already have safeties on the roster. Why did we pick up portal CBs when we already have some on the roster? You never stop pursuing talent that makes your team better.

Raymond Pulido in the portal from zone. Originally from cali. Ut was his favorite school but we didn’t offer. Committed to Bama and then digned to zona I believe, where he started. Wonder if we’d kick the tires with regard to our Left Guard spot.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
Raymond Pulido in the portal from zone. Originally from cali. Ut was his favorite school but we didn’t offer. Committed to Bama and then digned to zona I believe, where he started. Wonder if we’d kick the tires with regard to our Left Guard spot.
I thought we did offer him, maybe we just backed off for some reason?

Anyways I remember when he flipped from Bama to Arizona. Apparently Bama wanted him and Proctor, but he got cold feet about going so far from home. I wonder if he stays out west somewhere for the same reason

VN Store

Back