Transfer Portal Thread

Stackhouse wants that UNC job after Davis gets fired and he did show a lot of improvement, this year. .500 in the SEC and bubble talk, next year for Vandy would be huge for Stackhouse. He might be able to follow up with another above average class and make some noise in 2 years. I actually like Stackhouse, kinda more than Penny anyway

I don’t like anything to do with Vandy

If the teams firmly in the mix for Walker Kessler truly are Kentucky, Michigan, Gonzaga, Auburn, and UT then am I missing something, or is there a true outlier in those teams in the post?

Gonzaga- Timme and Holmgren (most likley)
Michigan- Dickinson and Diabate
Kentucky - Oscar and Brooks and Collins
Auburn - Smith
UT- Immiedate starting spot

If he truly transferred to get immediate playing time and be the star post. Then us and auburn are the most promising in terms of that, however I don't think he would want to share the post with Smith at Auburn
I don’t see Kessler as a good fit in the Auburn offense

Stackhouse wants that UNC job after Davis gets fired and he did show a lot of improvement, this year. .500 in the SEC and bubble talk, next year for Vandy would be huge for Stackhouse. He might be able to follow up with another above average class and make some noise in 2 years. I actually like Stackhouse, kinda more than Penny anyway
Vandy is not going .500 in SEC next year. Both of these recruits are 2022 recruits. They are going to suck again next year.

Reactions: The Dog
This 110%. Stackhouse seems like a good dude

Well between that and the fact this guy just committed to Stackhouse AND they have Pippen Jr. they might actually take a huge step forward next year.

Love when a 5* basketball player cites a school being great academically as a reason they chose it like they’re not going to take gen eds & P.E. classes for a year before going pro.

Reactions: AngryButchJones
Starting to get a bit worried about the prospects of landing a contributor in the front court.
I feel like Fulky will come back and then we will go all in on Jonas Aidoo. Doesn’t seem like we are going too hard on that many transfers other than Kessler

Vandy is not going .500 in SEC next year. Both of these recruits are 2022 recruits. They are going to suck again next year.
My bad, didn't notice that, figured it was '21, since the kid that committed to UT from France today, Q was '21. I just assumed both of Vandy's commits were, too. U know what that say when u assume

I feel like Fulky will come back and then we will go all in on Jonas Aidoo. Doesn’t seem like we are going too hard on that many transfers other than Kessler
I think Fulk would actually do fine playing significant minutes in the 4 but I don’t know for sure. I think he’s smart enough to be able to guard that position despite maybe not being quite as quick as some 4s in the league. Anyway, was really hoping to get a 4/5 like Tre Mitchell who would be a good complement to Fulk and could play at the same time. I’m nervous too that Fulk may hang it up. Then we’d really be in some deep kimchee.

Reactions: youcancallmeAl
I think Fulk would actually do fine playing significant minutes in the 4 but I don’t know for sure. I think he’s smart enough to be able to guard that position despite maybe not being quite as quick as some 4s in the league. Anyway, was really hoping to get a 4/5 like Tre Mitchell who would be a good complement to Fulk and could play at the same time. I’m nervous too that Fulk may hang it up. Then we’d really be in some deep kimchee.
I think Tre Mitchell, Kessler, or Dante (if he hits the portal) are the only takes at forward if Fulky is back. I’ve heard from a friend who’s close to the Barnes that Fulky is very likely coming back. Take that how you will, but I trust my friends word.

I think Tre Mitchell, Kessler, or Dante (if he hits the portal) are the only takes at forward if Fulky is back. I’ve heard from a friend who’s close to the Barnes that Fulky is very likely coming back. Take that how you will, but I trust my friends word.
I'd take Fulk, BHH, and one of any of those three in a heartbeat. Would completely snap me out of my sadness over this last season and get me hyped for 2021-22

Reactions: Maxwell865
We are in it for Gurley who announces Sunday, BHH still on the table, we are working on Aidloo still and I’m guessing we will see more names enter the portal.
Aidoo would make me feel a little better. I don't know how ready he is to play but surely between he and ORN/Uros/EJ (still expect some improvement among these 3, esp ORN) we can get by when Fulk is off the floor. Gurley seems like he'd be a great compliment to any of our big men and would be a pretty big boost for our lineup, but not a true post so doesn't help w depth at the 5. Do you think bringing in Aidoo impacts Tamba at all? Either as to whether he reclassifies or comes here at all? Seems like he's a couple years off physically anyway. Would be nice for us to bring Aidoo in, Tamba remain in the 22 class and redshirt a year. Would allow us to stagger their eligibility.

Aidoo would make me feel a little better. I don't know how ready he is to play but surely between he and ORN/Uros/EJ (still expect some improvement among these 3, esp ORN) we can get by when Fulk is off the floor. Gurley seems like he'd be a great compliment to any of our big men and would be a pretty big boost for our lineup, but not a true post so doesn't help w depth at the 5. Do you think bringing in Aidoo impacts Tamba at all? Either as to whether he reclassifies or comes here at all? Seems like he's a couple years off physically anyway. Would be nice for us to bring Aidoo in, Tamba remain in the 22 class and redshirt a year. Would allow us to stagger their eligibility.
I've heard Tamba is already committed, just waiting to announce and reclassify, but he's a major project so I doubt it would affect Aidoo in coming here.

I also believe ORN has potential to take a solid leap this year if he can get his poise and consistency up. He seems timid out there sometimes, while other times he flashes. Also thought that Uros played better at the end of the year when he got some more minutes. Definitely still needs work, but an improvement.

I’m curious to see what they do with Tamba, the fact he hasn’t yet announced makes me think they’re waiting to see what they get elsewhere, otherwise what’s the hold up?

I think Gurley could play 3-5...so definitely brings versatility. He has similar measurables to Fulk so I don’t think it’s crazy to think he could play some 5, but I would say best suited probably at the 4. If you land Gurley I think you’re still ideally looking for post help but feel better about riding into next year as is.

VN Store

Back