Transfer Portal 21-22

Do we even have anymore scholarships open to offer anyone else? I was really hoping we’d get another big player, preferably 6’4” or better to take over for Tamari.
Yes we have one more, I really don’t think the bigs in the portal were interested in TN and that is why they signed Franklin. I believe the last scholarship is probably on hold for Rivers.
We have Pissott who is 6’4. I use to be key on getting bigs, but for some reason we always lost to undersized posts. I think we will be fine.

Yes we have one more, I really don’t think the bigs in the portal were interested in TN and that is why they signed Franklin. I believe the last scholarship is probably on hold for Rivers.
We have Pissott who is 6’4. I use to be key on getting bigs, but for some reason we always lost to undersized posts. I think we will be fine.

I have no clue if we use the last scholarship on a big with multiple years or not but I would.

How do you know TN was interested in the bigs in the portal? Stop pushing a narrative that possibly has no truth to it based simply on WHO the LVs have been able to sign.
Every player that signed with TN had multiple options in teams such as Texas, LSU, Louisville, Baylor, Ole Miss, Alabama etc. If there’s a list that comes out ranking the transfers from the portal I’ll go out on a limb and say all Tenn signees will be in the Top 10-15 w/ Rickea being in the Top 1-3.
You don’t sign a player over a better player just because they are 2 or 3 inches taller.
Tamari Key backup doesn’t have to be a player that is 6’4 or taller.
Size has more to do with just height.. look at some of the better posts from last year LSU Newby, TN Dye, KY Edwards, Mizz Blackwell, TN Puckett.. they played the stretch 4 mostly but also moved to the 5 at times.
I’ve seen plenty 6’4 C that played like they were 6’ feet. It’s time to just admit the roster put together is good enough and it’s proven.

How do you know TN was interested in the bigs in the portal? Stop pushing a narrative that possibly has no truth to it based simply on WHO the LVs have been able to sign.
Every player that signed with TN had multiple options in teams such as Texas, LSU, Louisville, Baylor, Ole Miss, Alabama etc. If there’s a list that comes out ranking the transfers from the portal I’ll go out on a limb and say all Tenn signees will be in the Top 10-15 w/ Rickea being in the Top 1-3.
You don’t sign a player over a better player just because they are 2 or 3 inches taller.
Size has more to do with just height.. look at some of the better posts from last year LSU Newby, TN Dye, KY Edwards, Mizz Blackwell, TN Puckett.. they played the stretch 4 mostly but also moved to the 5 at times.
I’ve seen plenty 6’4 C that played like they were 6’ feet. It’s time to just admit the roster put together is good enough and it’s proven.
How do you know that they were not interested in a big in the portal and couldn't get who they wanted.the point is you always try to down someone's opinion with your own opinion.you should try making more positive opinions that are yours instead of coming behind someone else and being negative about theirs.instead of saying how you know TN wanted a big. it would have been better to say let's support who TN got because they could have wanted a big who didn't want to come to TN that was another person's opinion and nothing was wrong with saying that so let a person have his or her opinions without you dissecting it negatively all the time.stop being a smarty pant is the move

Pissott is listed at 6 foot 2, unless that is wrong.

Reactions: xtpsrh08123
Pissott is listed at 6 foot 2, unless that is wrong.

That is what she looked to me when I watched the all-star games. No way was she 6'4"

She is very slightly built too, so it is good she won't be relied upon for a lot of minutes and can get in the weight room and at the training table. It is pretty much the perfect situation for her.

Do we even have anymore scholarships open to offer anyone else? I was really hoping we’d get another big player, preferably 6’4” or better to take over for Tamari.
The thing is we do don’t want any old 6’4”, we need one with some positive stats that can keep things in control while Key takes a breather. Jaz Franklin is 6’1” or so but has better than average jumping skills and is tough in the paint. She knows how to position her body against taller post players and will fight for the ball. She is similar to Green except she has better offensive skills. The good thing is we already have her in the fold, in case we can’t find a 6’4” post to come in and relieve Key. With what we added in the portal, our incoming freshman, we are stacked.

The thing is we do don’t want any old 6’4”, we need one with some positive stats that can keep things in control while Key takes a breather. Jaz Franklin is 6’1” or so but has better than average jumping skills and is tough in the paint. She knows how to position her body against taller post players and will fight for the ball. She is similar to Green except she has better offensive skills. The good thing is we already have her in the fold, in case we can’t find a 6’4” post to come in and relieve Key. With what we added in the portal, our incoming freshman, we are stacked.

I agree 100%.

Reactions: ARPfan4life
Based on my posts/likes.. it seems I have more of a positive image for myself than you do.. if you got your feelings caught up in a this VolNation forum that’s your problem not mine🫶🏽🍊.
I'm not in my feelings i just gave an opinion on your post like you give on other people's post nothing more nothing less

Don't disagree with anything you have written. The issue, other posters are addressing is that Key (more than likely) and Franklin (will) be gone next year. You can but (it may not be the best plan) to go into next season's off-season hopeing to get help for Stricklin who is 6'2". Hope is not a plan. Signing a big (from the portal) who has multiple years of eligibility left...now that's a plan.

I am not convinced the coaching staff is even looking for a big post. I think we may see a little different style this year with a more up tempo offense and even more tempo once Key leaves. I don't know if I fully agree with it but it may be what is in the future for the team. There are not many dominant posts in the conference and it may be a positive direction for the team.

I am not convinced the coaching staff is even looking for a big post. I think we may see a little different style this year with a more up tempo offense and even more tempo once Key leaves. I don't know if I fully agree with it but it may be what is in the future for the team. There are not many dominant posts in the conference and it may be a positive direction for the team.
Kellie has stated that she’s looking for quickness. Posts over 6’3 are rarely quick… unless they’re Candace Parker.

VN Store

Back