Transfer Portal 21-22

Offensively,Wynn has a ways to go!
She’s not where she wants to be, but I guarantee you that kid will work her butt off this summer and be a bigger, stronger, faster, more polished version of the Kaiya Wynn we saw last year. Let’s not also forget that she dealt with several injuries. She has all the tools. She’s going to be special.

Lil birdie that sounds good for S.Carolina.
Rocky Top is the move right now🍊. Good luck wherever this player lands.
We have plenty options.
🏆🏆 🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆

U can't talk about championship to a team that has 8 of them. Imagine pat was alive and coaching, we would've gotten those 2 from Dawn & last 2 from Geno making us 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆

Saniya is 6'1" and is the third highest prospect in her class.
According to Hoopgurlz", "Ultra-athletic guard with superior size in the back court impacts the game on both ends of the floor; manufactures shots, explodes off the dribble and finishes plays in traffic; rises on jumper in mid-range game and delivers; anticipates defensively and creates havoc in passing lanes, scores off of turnovers; an impact guard in the class of 2021. (Olson)". Yep, I take her. She is much closer to Horston but historically a better shooter than she is to Wynn. Even Jordy would have struggled refining her game with the Gamecocks!

Saniya now says she is taking three visits so let's see who they are? Right now what I really would like is a visit from Martinez yet she is at LSU this weekend. She was the huge goal for me on next seasons team Mulkey getting some energy with that players if she ends up there.

Saniya now says she is taking three visits so let's see who they are? Right now what I really would like is a visit from Martinez yet she is at LSU this weekend. She was the huge goal for me on next seasons team Mulkey getting some energy with that players if she ends up there.

I would really like Martinez as well, but Kim could all but a guarantee her a dominant role next year at LSU whereas we can not. LSU will not be as down as some folks think next year if they get a few high quality transfers, as I imagine they will. Their incoming Freshman who dominated the Jordan Brand Classic is scary good as a scorer. That said, would love it if the LVs snag her but this is stiff competition given how loaded we already are.

i think we will be one with LSU and maybe UNC but i dunno for sure. If not us then i think NC St, UNC and LSU are her top 3

I would really like Martinez as well, but Kim could all but a guarantee her a dominant role next year at LSU whereas we can not. LSU will not be as down as some folks think next year if they get a few high quality transfers, as I imagine they will. Their incoming Freshman who dominated the Jordan Brand Classic is scary good as a scorer. That said, would love it if the LVs snag her but this is stiff competition given how loaded we already are.

speaking of jordan brand classic here is a video i'll post and also will post it in the tennessee lady vol news as maybe that is more appropriate

My guess would be schools near home...NC, NC STATE & maybe Duke or Louisville...regardless of previous interests from HS recruiting...would love to see LVs in the mix [I think she's a Kelly type] she's a future SUPERSTAR 🧡🏀🧡
I’d say she’s visited those schools before. A trip to Knoxville will happen.

Someone asked about SR’s high school stats, and she has also been compared to Wynn, so here are their high school and first year college stat comparisons. (SR’s high school stats are not complete.) Do not know the high school competition level for either player, but SR won many awards and was more highly ranked at #3 (#2 guard) for the 2021 class. KW was a track star and graduated with a 4.0 gpa. SR is 6’1, KW is 6’0.

Per game average in Senior year of high school:
SR:
36.8 points, 11.5 rebounds, 5.3 steals

KW:
29 points, 10.8 rebounds, 5.4 steals, 3.6 assists, 1.2 blocks, 54% field goal percentage, and 73% free throw percentage

In college, SR played in 27 games, with 348 minutes, or 12.9 min/game.
KW played in 30 games, with 246 minutes, or 8.2 min/game.
Both shot poorly, and both averaged 2.3 points/game. (SR had worse field goal percentage, but a better free throw percentage).

SR made 98 shot attempts (31 3 pointers, with 1 made) and made 24, missing a total of 74, for a .245 field goal percentage. She made 12/24 free throws for .500 percentage. She averaged 1.6 rebounds per game. Playing 102 more minutes than Wynn (you can do math for percentage comparison), SR had 37 fouls, 38 assists, 27 turnovers, 13 steals, and 13 blocks.

KW made 25/65 field goals (made 1 of 8 3 pointers), for .385%. She made 19/44 free throws for .432%. She averaged 2 rebounds per game. In 102 minutes less than SR, she had 22 fouls, 19 assists, 27 turnovers, 11 steals, and 0 blocks.

I have not seen SR play, so cannot comment on how her shot looks, or how she played defense, but it looks like she shot a lot. She could be like Rae, whose shot always looked good, but didn’t fall in her Freshman year, but eventually got a lot better. I like that SR had assists and blocks. I saw all of KW’s play this year. Her shot did not look good. In the beginning, she sometimes chased the ball on defense, rather than stay with the player. She can learn better defense and decision making. Both players are described as athletic, both should get a lot better from Freshman to Sophomore play, both have potential.

I hope SR does come to Tennessee, and becomes the player her high school numbers predicted she could be.

GO LADY VOLS!!!

Last edited:
JuJu is drawing comparisons to the greats Cynthia Cooper, Cheryl Miller and Lisa Leslie. All the players I mentioned are also highly ranked and their all on the right tracks.

Are you saying this because those three players are all the LA area? Because that's a guard, a forward and a center so it doesn't make sense to compare her game to theirs.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK

VN Store

Back