Transfer Portal 21-22

She would be 2nd behind Rae. I would say 3rd behind Jordan but honestly she added more her freshman year than Jordan plus she has few more years now

Hayes is a better all-around player than Rae, and comparing her to Jordan is laughable...

Reactions: Peas29
Hayes is a better all-around player than Rae, and comparing her to Jordan is laughable...
Bullsh*t. Rae is a better shooter, better defender and better rebounder. Hayes is a penetrator, but not a good shooter. And she was 9-25 against Tennessee. 9-25. 9-25. Repeat it. She is good. she is not a better all around player than Rae.

She would be 2nd behind Rae. I would say 3rd behind Jordan but honestly she added more her freshman year than Jordan plus she has few more years now

Which Jordan? The one that shot 34% for us this season or the one that shot 35%?

Bullsh*t. Rae is a better shooter, better defender and better rebounder. Hayes is a penetrator, but not a good shooter. And she was 9-25 against Tennessee. 9-25. 9-25. Repeat it. She is good. she is not a better all around player than Rae.

She's not a good perimeter shooter, but she shoots 46% from the field. I'm sure that would go down playing in the SEC but that's subjective.

I think the case can be made for Rae being better than her, but definitely not anyone else.

Maybe, maybe not. I don't think any of those 3 are going to play meaningful minutes while they wear orange. They could be ok with that, but if they actually want to play, then I would expect that they'd look to transfer vs. hoping to steal minutes from players that are clearly better than them.
Darby will play...

Darby will play...
If Tess plays, that means she's taking minutes from Horston, Burrell, Wynn, Puckett, Salary and Rennie. The odds aren't in her favor, and if she beats out the freshmen for minutes, then that would be cause for concern as to how good this freshmen class actually is.

Nothing against Tess, but she's not a SEC-caliber player who would be getting game minutes outside of mop-up duty (if that)

If Tess plays, that means she's taking minutes from Horston, Burrell, Wynn, Puckett, Salary and Rennie. The odds aren't in her favor, and if she beats out the freshmen for minutes, then that would be cause for concern as to how good this freshmen class actually is.

Nothing against Tess, but she's not a SEC-caliber player who would be getting game minutes outside of mop-up duty (if that)

Or it means she’s upped her game and has earned the minutes she plays. A bit rude to presume she’s not capable of improving at all. She’s got a great shot, if she gets serious about the weight room and training she could be just as much of a problem as anyone on the team.

I think Tess needs a summer of physical development meaning she needs more strength and muscle for SEC competition. She has some basketball skills type of player that can get in a rhythm and hit four five threes in a row. We'll see a different player if she can develop her body physically next season.

Or it means she’s upped her game and has earned the minutes she plays. A bit rude to presume she’s not capable of improving at all. She’s got a great shot, if she gets serious about the weight room and training she could be just as much of a problem as anyone on the team.

I don't think it's rude to call it what it is: she has a sweet shot when she has her feet set, but she can't create her own shot. She was a longshot to make the rotation from day 1 because there were better players already on the team and better prospects coming in behind her, and it will be an uphill climb for her to win some minutes. It's no different from the position that Rennie and Saunders are in. While she can improve some things in her game, she still doesn't have a particularly high ceiling because she lacks speed and athleticism...which Tennessee particularly needs at the wing position.

If Anastasia is at Ole Miss, they would be downright scary. She might not score as much, but she would have an easier time scoring with all of the offensive weapons on that team. I think her scoring drought in the 2nd half vs. Tennessee had more to do with the overall mismatch between the two teams and the fact that no one on MTSU could score other than her and her sister. She could get by her primary defender, but the rest of the team was keying in on her after her move. On a team with other scorers, she would make them pay by passing to an open player who is actually skilled enough to make the defenses pay for leaving her open.

Will be interesting to see where she goes.

Coach Yo doesn’t seem like a coach who would put up with pushy parents.

Don’t think we can tell about Tess yet. This was a wash out year for her due to injuries. Actually I thought the minutes she played in the tournament showed her to have a lot of potential. Moved without the ball, set screens, blocked out and a really pretty stroke. I think we see a lot more of her next year. Fingers crossed the shin splints are gone for good.

Don’t think we can tell about Tess yet. This was a wash out year for her due to injuries. Actually I thought the minutes she played in the tournament showed her to have a lot of potential. Moved without the ball, set screens, blocked out and a really pretty stroke. I think we see a lot more of her next year. Fingers crossed the shin splints are gone for good.
I think the main thing is who is coming in and whether or not she can beat them out for minutes. Tess played during the NCAAT because of the depleted roster; Kellie will have more options next season with a big incoming class. So it comes down to if Tess can beat out the newcomers for a higher spot on the rotation.

Reactions: Lucy

I was actually impressed with her defense. Got her hands on the ball, tipped passes, stayed in front, cause a few turnovers. Could work on getting over/around screens and a bit more physical.

Sorry,Rennie is probably not getting minutes...there is plenty of minutes to go around...

VN Store

Back