Transfer Portal 21-22

Why? Vandy is trash with a lame-coach. I would assume Anastasia is leaving to go to a higher profile program to boost her draft stock while actually playing for something meaningful in March. As good as she and her sisters are, they aren't going to make Vandy relevant...
Just saying because it's close to home and parents...No other reason...

Why? Vandy is trash with a lame-coach. I would assume Anastasia is leaving to go to a higher profile program to boost her draft stock while actually playing for something meaningful in March. As good as she and her sisters are, they aren't going to make Vandy relevant...

Agreed. I think having that many siblings on one team would cause issues with other players anyway. If White does have all four of them I think it will officially be her undoing. A last ditch effort to see if she can save her job.

As you said, I don’t think they can make Vandy relevant with 4 guards. You have to have some size in the SEC or you’re not going to compete.

Oh my, who would want to take a chance on Hayes Inc., parents and all. If I'm not mistaken, one of the parents' problems with Holly was that she would not commit to taking all the sisters, even though one of them was about 12. IMO they're not nearly good enough players to be worth the grief.

Think about poor Holly in those days, not just the Hayes, but Ms. Westbrook as well, (and I believe those two entities going against each other) AND Daddy DeShields. Plus Diamond herself, and her sidekick, Te'a Cooper. All at the same time. Holy smoke, no wonder she couldn't coach.

Think about poor Holly in those days, not just the Hayes, but Ms. Westbrook as well, (and I believe those two entities going against each other) AND Daddy DeShields. Plus Diamond herself, and her sidekick, Te'a Cooper. All at the same time. Holy smoke, no wonder she couldn't coach.

It was evident that Holly wouldn’t succeed as a head coach before any of those players arrived.

Oh my, who would want to take a chance on Hayes Inc., parents and all. If I'm not mistaken, one of the parents' problems with Holly was that she would not commit to taking all the sisters, even though one of them was about 12. IMO they're not nearly good enough players to be worth the grief.

Anastasia and Aislynn have proven they can play. Both would start at Tennessee if they were up against next year's roster. Don't know about Alasia, but she was a top 50 recruit and played for ND.

I haven't heard of any issues with the two sisters or their mother at MTSU, but they would a massive roster upgrade for any team that doesn't already have a strong backcourt (like SC or TAMU)

Reactions: dtnvol
It was evident that Holly wouldn’t succeed as a head coach before any of those players arrived.
Didn't mean to imply they caused Holly's problems, just that when her obvious shortcomings were being painfully exposed, all the other drama hit. A metaphor for her whole tenure.
Anastasia and Aislynn have proven they can play. Both would start at Tennessee if they were up against next year's roster. Don't know about Alasia, but she was a top 50 recruit and played for ND.
I haven't heard of any issues with the two sisters or their mother at MTSU, but they would a massive roster upgrade for any team that doesn't already have a strong backcourt (like SC or TAMU)
We'll have to agree to disagree. IMO Annie in the SEC would be just like Annie in the 2nd half against the LVs last week. Maybe we'll get a chance to see who's right if they end up at Auburn or Ole Miss.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK

Agreed 👍

Didn't mean to imply they caused Holly's problems, just that when her obvious shortcomings were being painfully exposed, all the other drama hit. A metaphor for her whole tenure.

We'll have to agree to disagree. IMO Annie in the SEC would be just like Annie in the 2nd half against the LVs last week. Maybe we'll get a chance to see who's right if they end up at Auburn or Ole Miss.

If Anastasia is at Ole Miss, they would be downright scary. She might not score as much, but she would have an easier time scoring with all of the offensive weapons on that team. I think her scoring drought in the 2nd half vs. Tennessee had more to do with the overall mismatch between the two teams and the fact that no one on MTSU could score other than her and her sister. She could get by her primary defender, but the rest of the team was keying in on her after her move. On a team with other scorers, she would make them pay by passing to an open player who is actually skilled enough to make the defenses pay for leaving her open.

Will be interesting to see where she goes.

Dude, stop. She was already the 6th player of the year in the SEC as a freshman. As the Tennessee roster stands now for next season, she would be the best player on the team...

Dude, stop. She was already the 6th player of the year in the SEC as a freshman. As the Tennessee roster stands now for next season, she would be the best player on the team...
Each to his own, I just can't stand her game. I hate barrell ball, hurl yourself down the lane, throw up a prayer, etc. Then there's the Meghan Simmons volume shooter issue. I just never, ever enjoyed her game.
If Anastasia is at Ole Miss, they would be downright scary. She might not score as much, but she would have an easier time scoring with all of the offensive weapons on that team. I think her scoring drought in the 2nd half vs. Tennessee had more to do with the overall mismatch between the two teams and the fact that no one on MTSU could score other than her and her sister. She could get by her primary defender, but the rest of the team was keying in on her after her move. On a team with other scorers, she would make them pay by passing to an open player who is actually skilled enough to make the defenses pay for leaving her open.

Will be interesting to see where she goes.
I'm not sure she (they) want to be on a team with other scorers. No one scoring whose last name wasn't Hayes seemed to be the plan. I'd say if they're looking to go to the same team, that would continue to be the aim.

Each to his own, I just can't stand her game. I hate barrell ball, hurl yourself down the lane, throw up a prayer, etc. Then there's the Meghan Simmons volume shooter issue. I just never, ever enjoyed her game.

I'm not sure she (they) want to be on a team with other scorers. No one scoring whose last name wasn't Hayes seemed to be the plan. I'd say if they're looking to go to the same team, that would continue to be the aim.

The difference between Anastasia at MTSU vs. her freshman year (and Simmons for that matter) is how much more efficient she is at finishing. She doesn't need to throw up prayers because she's either getting to the rim or she's getting fouled on her way.

I figured that she decided to go to MTSU because she wanted to be The Only Show. The fact that she's transferring suggests that she's willing to consider options to be part of a stronger team.

The difference between Anastasia at MTSU vs. her freshman year (and Simmons for that matter) is how much more efficient she is at finishing. She doesn't need to throw up prayers because she's either getting to the rim or she's getting fouled on her way.

I figured that she decided to go to MTSU because she wanted to be The Only Show. The fact that she's transferring suggests that she's willing to consider options to be part of a stronger team.

Yea but is it gonna have to be a package deal. If so Mississippi State probably a good landing spot with the departures.

figured that she decided to go to MTSU because she wanted to be The Only Show. The fact that she's transferring suggests that she's willing to consider options to be part of a stronger team.
Yea but is it gonna have to be a package deal. If so Mississippi State probably a good landing spot with the departures.
My thoughts exactly. If Annie is willing to go on her own, maybe I'd buy she wants to try a decent team in the SEC again. But if its the whole package, I think its just more of same, plus the parents. She ain't good enough to pay that price IMO.

The last thing MSST needs is more guards, and the ones that they do have are all better than the sisters not named Anastasia.

She would be maybe 4th best but she doesn’t wear orange so you give her an automatic upgrade.
She would be 2nd behind Rae. I would say 3rd behind Jordan but honestly she added more her freshman year than Jordan plus she has few more years now

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
She would be maybe 4th best but she doesn’t wear orange so you give her an automatic upgrade.
Hard to compare her to non-guards, and clearly Tamari Key will be co-MVP along with Rae next season. But Anastasia is in a dead heat with Rae and better than any of the other guards on the team.

Reactions: dtnvol
Hard to compare her to non-guards, and clearly Tamari Key will be co-MVP along with Rae next season. But Anastasia is in a dead heat with Rae and better than any of the other guards on the team.
Agree but Key wins second best by default by her height. I’m hoping she gets the off season teaching that she required last season to help her dominate next season. She has everything physically to be the next Brittany Griner

Reactions: Amb3096
Agree but Key wins second best by default by her height. I’m hoping she gets the off season teaching that she required last season to help her dominate next season. She has everything physically to be the next Brittany Griner

Oh don't get me wrong...I think Key is probably even more important than Rae. It's easier to find another scorer than it is to find a player that can disrupt opposing team's offensive execution the way that Tamari can.

The last thing MSST needs is more guards, and the ones that they do have are all better than the sisters not named Anastasia.

Ole miss not a good fit either. They have established guards who know their system and can ball. two of their guards got hurt this year and were hobbled. Ole miss actually has 14 players on their roster with their incoming freshman. Also, if their senior stays that makes 15. I don’t know how much extra money ole miss would poor into their women’s bball team. Vandy is probably the best fit player and package wise.

That other baller that played at MTSU is decent too i’m sure she could provide some relief minutes if not anything else for a team. She had some pretty heady plays

VN Store

Back