Transfer Portal 21-22

Fact is that no coach can offer any NIL deal .NIL deals are 3rd party deals.It is murky at best and needs to be further clarified but there is no question that those deals loom large in some players recruitment.And,folks might as well get used to it unless the NIL is further defined and if any University does not understand the current NIL " playing field " ,embrace it and use it to full advantage they will left behind in the recruiting dust ....no matter whether you agree with it or not.
True. But…..boosters are circling and hook players up with deals. Actually, it’s always been that way….just now it’s not breaking rules!

Reactions: mlindsay
Did Jackson get any offers from day UConn, SC or Louisville? I would think a goal of hers would be a legitimate shot at a final 4. Do not think Texas,Tennessee or ole miss have a great shot at a final 4 next year. Of course there are other reasons to go some where your final year.

Did Jackson get any offers from day UConn, SC or Louisville? I would think a goal of hers would be a legitimate shot at a final 4. Do not think Texas,Tennessee or ole miss have a great shot at a final 4 next year. Of course there are other reasons to go some where your final year.
I think TN and Texas do have shots.

when the players considering playing the get out of (their perceived) jail/school free card after their season is officially complete identify themselves we can expect surprises outside and perhaps inside.

What I can guarantee that a minimum of another 500 plus posts will be added to the current 2875 to date

Reactions: Bret178
I already clarified my point about what the coach owes the player.

I think that the players should be committed to the program WHILE they are a member of the program. If they decide to leave, for whatever reason, well...life is short, and they should do what's best for them. I have no ill feelings towards players that decide to transfer or leave with eligibility on the table.

How does one reconcile the university investment? Is there an amortization schedule that shows the value of the athlete vs what it costs to provide for and educate them? Or, is the university just out of luck when a player transfers out. Sure feels like the latter.

Reactions: krichunaka
I already clarified my point about what the coach owes the player.

I think that the players should be committed to the program WHILE they are a member of the program. If they decide to leave, for whatever reason, well...life is short, and they should do what's best for them. I have no ill feelings towards players that decide to transfer or leave with eligibility on the table.
Sometimes they also need to do what is best for their education and personal growth. Basketball isn't a career for all scholarship basketball athletes, but the education it can pay for is priceless. Vanderbilt is a pretty good school in every facet of education, but maybe they don't have what she is looking for educationally.

I have a feeling portal season is just beginning. I wonder if the portal craze will steady off at some point.
Good question. I am not sure in terms of the peak for this year. I do think there will be dramatic decrease when the COVID 19 addition year will run it course. The extra year gave so many athletes a chance to pursue other options without sitting out an extra year and even being able to play out their 4 years at their original school and then transfer for additional opportunities for learning under a new coach or being on a team more likely to have a chance to be a Final 4 contender.

Login • Instagram

Saw Rickea posted this today. Notice the caption straight from the source herself.
“Before y’all do too much” assuming she cut Tennessee or assuming she’s going to Texas.
Which both might be true, but she posted this today on her Instagram reels.
It’s a waiting game, saw a few posters saying she’s making a decision mid March, her birthday is March 16th while not confirmed I think that could be the day we get a decision from Rickea. (Again that’s just some speculation on when she might commit)

Sometimes they also need to do what is best for their education and personal growth. Basketball isn't a career for all scholarship basketball athletes, but the education it can pay for is priceless. Vanderbilt is a pretty good school in every facet of education, but maybe they don't have what she is looking for educationally.
Brinae is leaving Vandy with her degree could be she's leaving for better options in pursuit of a specific advanced degree or just wants to play one more year for a better program while getting a free Master's. I don't blame her either way. I know other posters here think that players that transfer are dishonorable. I'm all for doing what's best for each student's circumstances.

Login • Instagram

Saw Rickea posted this today. Notice the caption straight from the source herself.
“Before y’all do too much” assuming she cut Tennessee or assuming she’s going to Texas.
It’s a waiting game, saw a few posters saying she’s making a decision mid March, her birthday is March 16th while not confirmed I think that could be the day we get a decision from Rickea. (Again that’s just some speculation on when she might commit)
It looks like that is a reference to her not having a video with the LV jersey. Perhaps this is hopeful. However, so many athletes these days like to keep the drama and suspense up, even if they know exactly what their decision is. It is their prerogative to do so, but it is one of the things that turns me off about recruiting.

Login • Instagram

Her Instagram comment could be a good sign for Tennessee...she spoke on the lady vol jersey policy of being why she doesn't have any pics with Tennessee gear on...If Tennessee was out of the picture, she probably would not bothered to make the comment 🤔 🙄 🙂

Brinae is leaving Vandy with her degree could be she's leaving for better options in pursuit of a specific advanced degree or just wants to play one more year for a better program while getting a free Master's. I don't blame her either way. I know other posters here think that players that transfer are dishonorable. I'm all for doing what's best for each student's circumstances.

Wouldn’t be shocked to see her at Arizona. Especially if she and Koi Love got on well. Seems like she would fit their system, they need a better individual scorer than what they have. Another possibly more random school that I think would suit her is Washington State.

Cami Etheridge has done a really nice job there and Alexander would suit the offense she likes to run really well. I think they will be second in the PAC-12 next season.

Not saying we couldn’t use her at UT and I would be thrilled to have her as a Lady Vol. Just feel like her game will get lost in what we like to do. In order to get her shots she needs to control the ball more than Kellie would need or would allow her to.

Last edited:
Reactions: olddog
Good question. I am not sure in terms of the peak for this year. I do think there will be dramatic decrease when the COVID 19 addition year will run it course. The extra year gave so many athletes a chance to pursue other options without sitting out an extra year and even being able to play out their 4 years at their original school and then transfer for additional opportunities for learning under a new coach or being on a team more likely to have a chance to be a Final 4 contender.
Yes, a good student can finish up with a Bachelors and Masters paid for if they hit summer school. I actually wouldn’t mind athletes having an extra year always.

NILs are going to be a disaster. I don’t begrudge the players getting some extra funds but this is going t be so dirty. The NCAA will never be able to monitor this. SEC football will be a cesspool.
True and in my opinion its has already ruined college sports but fact is anyone/college who does not embrace the NIL battelefield as it exists today will be left in the recruiting dust .Some in NCAA are trying a figure out an escape ramp but nothing has arisen yet to give anyone hope.The other option is to wring one's hands about the situation and not be competitive.

Reactions: Volfan2012
At this point, people are just talking. Every player enters the portal gets treated as quote “elite” if they don’t pick or isn’t recruited by Tennessee.
And the narrative is the same if Tennessee does or doesn’t receive a commit from any number of players.. it’s the coaching staff fault…
Yet Alexus ‘Snoop’ Dye makes All-SEC Tourney Team and majority of these people are silent … “crickets”!
Jasmine Powell picks Tennessee over two Top 5 teams plus two SEC foes and majority of these people are silent… “crickets”!
23-8 … “crickets”. Three All SEC Reg. Season Players… “crickets.”
Mane there’s no way I would even waste my days focusing on painting a false perception of reality like this about a historical basketball program.

You had me at "Every player enters the portal gets treated as quote “elite” ...

Players like her don't go to a contender,
they go to help make a team a contender

Her Instagram comment could be a good sign for Tennessee...she spoke on the lady vol jersey policy of being why she doesn't have any pics with Tennessee gear on...If Tennessee was out of the picture, she probably would not bothered to make the comment 🤔 🙄 🙂
Did anybody get a screenshot of her instagram story cause I’m not seeing it at all … did she delete it that quickly?

Reactions: krichunaka
Login • Instagram

@LadyVols_WBK here click the link

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK

VN Store

Back