Tracing your ancestry

Once you take one of those ancestry tests, your DNA goes straight into a government database And they OWN you. It ain’t worth it

Unfortunately it’s already too late. All it takes is one blood relative sharing their DNA and big government has you and half of all your blood relatives in the database. Also, pics on social media are helping them build out the facial recognition info gathering on everybody. Cell tower tracking too. Thank you Patriot Act… eff the 4th Amendment. The Globalists are winning.

I'm also doing the find a grave thing. I have really got into the photo requests near me thing. I find it really fun going to the graves and taking headstone photos for people to far away to get them.

Did mine about 6 months ago. The outcome was crazy. I've always assumed I was Irish. The logo of the family business is a even a shamrock. Turns out I'm only 4% Irish and also 1% from Senegal and 1% from the Congo. Not only am I not Irish . . . I'm almost as African as I am Irish. Got to work on that logo.

Did mine about 6 months ago. The outcome was crazy. I've always assumed I was Irish. The logo of the family business is a even a shamrock. Turns out I'm only 4% Irish and also 1% from Senegal and 1% from the Congo. Not only am I not Irish . . . I'm almost as African as I am Irish. Got to work on that logo.

I thought it was fun to do. Plus it linked me with family members that I didn't know I had, but I wonder how close it really gets to getting the true history results.

Reactions: tbh

1626406105327.png

I learned that your results change over time with more info from others they have coming in. If you check back next year, they could be different

Reactions: tbh
My dad's side is solid Border Reiver stock. Basically they were mercenaries, living on the border between England and Scotland, fighting with whoever they saw fit.

My mom's side should be solidly French, but it isn't. Both sides can easily be traced back to France, the names are all French, etc. The adoption of a Brit who then married a full on Brit ended the French DNA on our side.

He must have been a hell of a lot better than their natural born children, because he got both the name and the inheritance.

There was a split after that, he remained in East TN while the ones who got shafted ventured westward and southward.

Living on the edge means hitting the button to show your closest DNA relatives with your daughter looking over your shoulder.

Reactions: Wireless1
I know my patrilineage through to my great grandfather. I am aware of my great great grandfather and the part he and his brothers played in the founding of Joliet, IL (my great great grandfather lost the very first election for mayor). An amateur genealogist from Redding, Massachusetts claims that I'm related to him and Matt Damon (the actor). He's produced no direct connection via birth or marriage record...

On my mother's side, I know my grandparents. I've heard stories of their parents, but have no record.

Due to West Virginia inbreeding mine was pretty easy to trace. My Great grandmother had 4 sisters and several other relatives that were married to Hatfields. Her oldest sister Levicy was the wife of Devil Anse himself. Yes Cap and Jonsie Hatfield were my grand daddy's cousins although he was about 20 years younger than them. Anyway the Hatfield's ancestry has been traced by hundreds of people so it was pretty easy for me to find the information.

So y'all don't ever have to worry about me calling Vols toothless inbreeds because my ancestors were West Virginians.

Last edited:
I know my patrilineage through to my great grandfather. I am aware of my great great grandfather and the part he and his brothers played in the founding of Joliet, IL (my great great grandfather lost the very first election for mayor). An amateur genealogist from Redding, Massachusetts claims that I'm related to him and Matt Damon (the actor). He's produced no direct connection via birth or marriage record...

On my mother's side, I know my grandparents. I've heard stories of their parents, but have no record.

I got lucky. Dad's brother had a bunch of info for that side and my mom's uncle had traced back to the civil war.

Reactions: Tin Man
They took it when I joined the Army in 1999 so may as well do some ancestry anyway

The .Gov has all our info anyway. No way you go through 12+ years of school with all the tests they do and not have a crap ton of info sent to the government.

The one thing I have had the most trouble with is pictures. Me and the wife are wanting to do something like this.

Family History Poster

The style we want needs at the least three generations back on both sides. Since my Mamaw and Papaw on moms side was still living while I was growing up that's not been hard. My dads side has been a bear to hunt down due to people just not caring and most of them passing before I was born. Moms family went through two house fires so all the pictures of great grandparents are hidden among family that's long moved off. Don't even get me started of the wife's side.

I have a second cousin who has done all the legwork. We have it traced back to 1756, but we don’t know how we got to America. Our family been in TN (originally Claiborne County) since the late 1700’s, which I find to be pretty cool. I’m seventh generation Tennessean. Direct ancestors served in Revolutionary War and War of 1812.

Wish I knew more though.

Reactions: CagleMtnVol
I have a second cousin who has done all the legwork. We have it traced back to 1756, but we don’t know how we got to America. Our family been in TN (originally Claiborne County) since the late 1700’s, which I find to be pretty cool. I’m seventh generation Tennessean. Direct ancestors served in Revolutionary War and War of 1812.

Wish I knew more though.

I find it fun looking back on what the family's did and the history of it.

My ggg grandfahter was a rebel and a yank. He served when young in the Mexican American War and suffered stab wounds to his stomach and liver. In December 1861, he joined the CSA 59th in Tennessee but was discharged in the summer of 1862 because the injuries he had received in the Mexican War left him physically unable. Somehow, he later joined the USA, Tennessee Calvary Union Army Vols in the spring of 1864. He died of his wounds and exposure less than a year later, on active duty, fighting in Nashville. His children received a pension for his service to the Union beginning in 1867 but it was turned off in 1873 after it was discovered he had previously been a Confederate. His family was destitute and suffered almost a much as he did for many years after.

VN Store

Back