Tough Decision For Pruitt

I just hate to see JG get booed, hate it for his family and friends.
But bottom line is, I would bet you money Muschamp is hoping JG starts.
I’m afraid JG now gives the opposing team more motivation and confidence than he does his own team.

I would not risk Maurer's health even if the medical staff clears him. The best treatment for a concussion is rest. he gives us the best shot at winning the game, but the risk for him long term is too high.

Ya, with two concussions in two weeks he should be out for the season and focused on putting some meat on his bones. There's no sense in risking a teenager's long-term well-being for a season that's lost anyway.

Reactions: VolTexas
If I was Pruitt I’d wait to play Maurer next week. Give Shrout the start with JJ playing Wildcat a lot. JG doesn’t deserve the start until his ego is back in check.

Ya, with two concussions in two weeks he should be out for the season and focused on putting some meat on his bones. There's no sense in risking a teenager's long-term well-being for a season that's lost anyway.
Once again nobody has said he had 2 concussions you are assuming, and if he had in fact had 2 concussions I doubt he would have been dressed and throwing today. Once again protocol and concussion is 2 different things. The doctors control it all in terms of him playing, it will be doctors and family decision. GBO!!!!!

Reactions: Sara Clark
In my opinion, Concussions are serious and need to be handled by true professionals. In the same breath, I think that oftentimes they are blown way out of proportion.
It is concerning to me that he has been taken out in 2 consecutive games with supposed concussions.
I would never risk the long term health of any kid to win a game period!
I hope the BM is cleared and play this Saturday because we really need him.
the BM, I see what you did there.

Once again nobody has said he had 2 concussions you are assuming, and if he had in fact had 2 concussions I doubt he would have been dressed and throwing today. Once again protocol and concussion is 2 different things. The doctors control it all in terms of him playing, it will be doctors and family decision. GBO!!!!!
Volunteers QB Maurer suffers another concussion
Tennessee QB Brian Maurer suffers concussion against Alabama, his second in two games
Jeremy Pruitt updates Tennessee football QB situation after Brian Maurer's concussion
What does Tennessee Vols' concussion protocol entail? Here's a deeper look.
What Jeremy Pruitt said about QB Brian Maurer suffering another concussion
Tennessee quarterback Brian Maurer exits game against Alabama with another concussion

Reactions: 5000ninjas
music-symbols-image2.jpg

On a lighter note if nobody mines;
I want to suggest a finer time.
When the rooster feels the need to crow;
What the poor thing just doesn't know;
Is he's the main dinner course for the day.
Roasted, stuffed, served with dressing and gravy.
Pre-congratulations Vols to you;
For silencing that cock-a-doodle-do.
Whoever is the quarterback, says I;
Just pass me some of that cherry pie.
Soooooooooooo
On a lighter note if nobody mines;
I want to suggest a finer time.
-WoodsmanVol-

VN Store

Back