Total War: Warhammer

I've played a lot of Stellaris, Age of Wonders 3, Crusader Kings 3, and Civ 6. Love the Warhammer Lore. Never played a straight up RTS though. Think I would still enjoy these?
This isnt a true rts. I would put it somewhere between civ and stellaris. Turn based world map, combat can be real time, but theres no base building or resource collecting during battle.

Reactions: Ttucke11
3 comes out in a month. Lots of stuff starting to come out now that some content creators have access.

8th faction announced. Daemons of chaos, able to pull from all gods. Legendary lord you get to customize RPG style.

Sounds like rushing the Slaaneshi portal is going to be the early game exploit. Slannesh will give you some really awesome benefits to leave his realm, up to 100k and some really good items and followers. At turn 30.

One article also mentioned a mini campaign with up to 8 players designed to last a couple hours max with concurrent turns or real time campaign maps. Interesting CA is trying something different than their turn based set up.

Reactions: Persian Vol
Another new LL. Boris Ursus for Kislev. Father of Katrina who has been "trapped in ice", read has been dead in the lore for 20 years.

*Link not working.*

He is the first unlockable LL in the warhammer series. Something they used to do with Rome 1 and medieval 2 at least.

I like it because it rewards the player for playing and is included in the base game instead of a dlc.

By my count that is 12 LL at launch if you preorder.
2 Cathay
2 Ogre
3 Kislev
4 chaos gods
1 undivided chaos

Still havent heard about any other factions coming. Figured they have to at least throw in the chaos dwarfs. But I would buy dlcs of some other smaller factions just to fill out the game.

Just watched a few videos. Looks really good. Looking forward to 2/17
I will be interested to see how the stretched map works. They have always been wider than tall, but now it seems like the aspect ratio is way twisted. It's going to change the dynamics of the campaign.

Downloaded Warhammer 3 off Game Pass. Going to give it a shot, when I can carve out a few hours a free time. Will be my first Total War game.

Anyone heard when we will be able to download to Xbox? Everything I have seen is just on PC for now

Thanks

There is a lot going on in this total war. Definitely not their typical historical sandbox.

Honestly I feel like the narrative in 3 takes away from the game as a whole. They just seem to struggle making so many different factions plot lines work together in a good way. And the execution isnt great.

Just finished my Khorne campaign. Was enjoying it until I had to balance out going to the chaos realms every 15 turns. It was interesting at first, but I can’t imagine grinding through all the realms again on different campaigns. At least 40% of the campaign is going to the chaos realms so if that’s consistent with every faction it really kills replay value for me.

Reactions: LouderVol
Just finished my Khorne campaign. Was enjoying it until I had to balance out going to the chaos realms every 15 turns. It was interesting at first, but I can’t imagine grinding through all the realms again on different campaigns. At least 40% of the campaign is going to the chaos realms so if that’s consistent with every faction it really kills replay value for me.
Agreed. I am in my second multiplayer play thru and me and my friend are mostly just ignoring the narrative. It's still a big interruption to have your territory invaded so often.

Agreed. I am in my second multiplayer play thru and me and my friend are mostly just ignoring the narrative. It's still a big interruption to have your territory invaded so often.

Exactly. Between Tzeentch transferring my settlements to the east, Slaanesh fingering my ******* to the west, and Kislev sending 4 to 5 stacks at a time in the south, it’s hard to really prioritize the chaos realms.

How is this game? The reviews are pretty mixed on steam only total war I’ve played is three kingdoms and I LOVE IT

How is this game? The reviews are pretty mixed on steam only total war I’ve played is three kingdoms and I LOVE IT

It’s a solid game, but the narrative of the game isn’t great and makes it very grindy and frustrating at times. Takes away from the typical conquest side of TW games. It’s solid for a single play through but unlikely worth multiple play throughs at its current state until it’s revamped or add mortal empires.

Did you do the historical or fantasy three kingdoms?

The battles were great, but I didnt like the family bs. Never could figure it out, watched a bunch of videos on it and it just never went well for me. Every time a patriarch died I had a civil war or would lose a general and army or two.

Persian nailed this one. Fun first play thru. After that it just feels punishing until you beat the narrative.

VN Store

Back