Total War: Warhammer

zhang I looked up RotK and it is still 60 bucks. thats really steep. wouldn't mind giving it a try, but its going to have to be in the 20 buck range, looks like it came out in 2016.

have you tried Oriental Empires? its a Civ like game set in the same period. you don't get much of the history with it. but it was a decent find for me. That was one i got for 20 so I didn't mind spending on it. even if I have played less than 50 hours on it.

Oops, should have been saying RotK 13. Sorry. It's still $60 though as well. Yeah I wouldn't buy it If you would just be trying it out and you have no idea if you'd like it or not.

I have never tried Oriental empires. I will have to watch it to see when it comes down in price again.

Oops, should have been saying RotK 13. Sorry. It's still $60 though as well. Yeah I wouldn't buy it If you would just be trying it out and you have no idea if you'd like it or not.

I have never tried Oriental empires. I will have to watch it to see when it comes down in price again.
OE is a decent game, I had a real bad itch for something based in China and it was the best for the price. Probably one of those games that gets dusted off a couple times a year.

Finally got a campaign going as Tehuihin (spelling?). Had to bump down to normal campaign. The sacrifice stuff is still rough. But one of the sacrifices generates banners from the Lizardmen unique pool. Got two of one that gave +10 ld and +25% ward save. Real nice for the ripperdatcyls I am running

New DLC coming out 9/11 with a free LC as well. Beast and the hunter.

Free LC is new lizard LL, Gor Rok. A Saurus with a big stick. Maybe no mount as.he was a hero

Dlc is another new Lizard, Nakai the Wanderer, an Ancient Krokigor LL, head of a horde faction. Huntsman is Empire faction in Lustria lead by something Wulfhart. An archer. Sounds like no mount either.

New Krokigor unit, Krokigor lord type, Razordorns (think Salamanders but no.fire, should reap against hordes) and then some Dread Saurian unit. Which is supposed to be the biggest model in the game. With new RoRs.

Empire are getting archers, huntsman (elite archers probably anti large), and a war wagon. Plus new lord type for hunter lord. Sounds like this faction will have some new/weird mechanics on recruiting.

The empire is getting reworked. New settlements and provinces. New battle type called Empire Forts. Think the High Elf gates, so, yawn. Gelt getting new location, probably new province. Reworking officers to instead be Elector Counts with more runefangs, and also region specific units.

A couple other new.unplayable.factions in the empire. Wood elves and orks. Albion expanded, new lizards may end up there.

Not too much of a fan of these being LLs. Would be better legendary heroes like kroak. But it sounds like a good Dlc overall. Region specific units in empire should be really cool. Not sure if they will be pseudo RoR. Or may work like lizards where.you can unlock more of them by meeting certain requirements.

DLC going active today. Sounds like there will be a few other things getting changed.

Also announced next FLC is Gotrek and Felix as a LL and LH that can command armies for Dwarfs, Empire, and Brets. Goes active in mid October

Sounds like they will have some unique mechanics and dilemma options.

Gotrek and felix are live today. You have to have total war access, which is their website, to get them. So kinda a pain, but I already have it.

I think campaigns are limited to 2 players. At least co op.

Unless you got another mod Dink.

I think I’ve asked this before but apparently it didn’t stick. Can someone explain this game to me?

turn-based strategy and resource management with real-time tactical control of battles

slow burner campaigns in total war style using warhammer IP---it's a blast

I think I’ve asked this before but apparently it didn’t stick. Can someone explain this game to me?
What GFW said. this is set in a fantasy world with magic, monsters, and a bunch of cool lore.

Next DLC has a trailer. The warden and the paunch. Elves vs Orks/goblins. Make Ulthuan not so pointy eared.

Some new units/models shown. Not sure what all they are. Elves getting more lions, griffins for characters, orks getting snottling stuff and some new magic summonable rock golem type thing.

Not sure if this includes the rework for all the work stuff or just another lord pack.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...MCR6BQgZEI4B&usg=AOvVaw3U80tYRFDWfrG5J3I-vGU_

Last edited:
Reactions: Paper_Towel
High Elfs also getting imrik. Dragon riding LL of Caledor. Has some nice dragon centric buffs.

I may be more excited about him that Eltharion.

Hoping he starts with a dragon in his army....

Last dlc, free LC, and patch went live today. Big changes to dwarfs and beastmen. Some new lizard stuff I havent tried yet. And ogre mercenaries.

I would say in a month the announce a release date for 3 probably with preorder bonus too.

I’m having a ton of playing it again, I haven’t had the time or computer to play in about 2 years. So much has changed!

I agree, I’m playing as the vampire coast right now and having some difficulty, which I enjoy! It brought the difficulty back in the game with the different mechanics in place
Yeah, you have to learn how to cheese in different ways.

Reactions: Gzearl11
I've played a lot of Stellaris, Age of Wonders 3, Crusader Kings 3, and Civ 6. Love the Warhammer Lore. Never played a straight up RTS though. Think I would still enjoy these?

VN Store

Back