Top Golf Neyland

giphy-downsized-large.gif
Rc1a30ed4205b390426dadcb307f5dcd0

Follow up Announcement!

THIS SPRING: Fire up the Oven at Neyland! The Greater Knoxville
Junior League Bake Sale comes to Neyland Stadium May 24 - May 31.
Tickets on sale Jan. 31 at hiregus.com

Special Deals include:
32oz jars of left-over Barb's Chip Dip
Stale Cornbread found in Pruitt's QB Development Filing Cabinet
Dooley's One-of-a-kind Orange hotDogs

All proceeds will be used to hire a new head football coach. Because this
is a bake sale only, no dishes that are required to Freeze will be permitted.

I saw this and honestly couldn't believe it's true. Can you imagine the number of divots on the field from balls hitting the turf. It's not like it will be August when the ground will be hard. And, I'm sure there are a lot of hacks that will hit some shots through some windows in the luxury boxes. Either that or they are going to spend a lot of money putting up nets to protect everything.

Not really a fan of this and can't believe UT would go for this. But, maybe they are that desperate for some cash after the 2020 season.

I saw this and honestly couldn't believe it's true. Can you imagine the number of divots on the field from balls hitting the turf. It's not like it will be August when the ground will be hard. And, I'm sure there are a lot of hacks that will hit some shots through some windows in the luxury boxes. Either that or they are going to spend a lot of money putting up nets to protect everything.

Not really a fan of this and can't believe UT would go for this. But, maybe they are that desperate for some cash after the 2020 season.
They could start having livestock events during the week between games. It's not going to makes us any worse at football than we will be for a while.

Reactions: kcvols1
Either that or they are going to spend a lot of money putting up nets to protect everything.

I’m guessing you’ve not been to TopGolf?

It ain’t a church, man. Many other college venues are doing it; Sanford for one.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
I’m guessing you’ve not been to TopGolf?
It ain’t a church, man. Many other college venues are doing it; Sanford for one.
Yep, been to Top Golf many many times and not sure why that is relevant. Also have no idea what you mean by it ain't church. Finally, where is Sanford?

Neyland is sacred to me and would prefer not have a field full of golf divots from a bunch of hacks.

Yep, been to Top Golf many many times and not sure why that is relevant. Also have no idea what you mean by it ain't church. Finally, where is Sanford?

Neyland is sacred to me and would prefer not have a field full of golf divots from a bunch of hacks.

Well then, you’ve seen the netting, yes? Pretty sure the luxury boxes will be fine.

As for divots, nobody will be hitting from the playing surface to my understanding. If you’re worried about ballmarks on the field, it’s more like the first cut of rough than a green, so it should be fine.

Personally, I really like Neyland, but am fine with a public building being used more than 8-10 times per year. They should have many more events in it like this, Garth Brooks, etc. Hell, I’d love to see Hootie & the Blowfish, the Stones, Widespread, Buffett, or Galactic there. Turn the revenue back into the improvements.

Like I said, it ain’t church. It ain’t sacred. No stadium is, except maybe the Roman Coliseum.

BTW, Sanford is in Athens and is in this tour, along with Sun Devil, Doak Campbell, Williams Brice, Ben Hill Griffin, Oklahoma Memorial, and McLane Stadiums. Looks pretty fun.

Well then, you’ve seen the netting, yes? Pretty sure the luxury boxes will be fine.

As for divots, nobody will be hitting from the playing surface to my understanding. If you’re worried about ballmarks on the field, it’s more like the first cut of rough than a green, so it should be fine.
Meant to say ballmarks instead of divots. It depends on how soft the ground is and in May it will not be hard yet. I have a driving range on my property and until July/Aug balls plug routinely. But maybe they will cover with a tarp or something to help prevent. I'm struggling to see how this is going to work with enough netting to prevent someone from hitting out of the stadium - maybe they will put a net over top.

Didn't realize you meant Sanford stadium - thought you were referring to a school. I was in Sanford this past season and witnessed first hand what looked like a promising season fall completely apart after half time.

Anyway, I for one would much prefer a real Top Golf or driving range over a tiny area to hit golf balls into a bunch of nets and just because it's in a football stadium. Seems very gimmicky to me but I guess some will enjoy it. I guess it would be a good short game exercise hitting half wedges and 3/4 sand wedge shots.

Definitely like the idea of having events and turning the revenue back into improvements. I can remember in the 80's there were NFL exhibition games and pretty sure we had concerts there - but not 100% sure of the concerts.

Last edited:
Reactions: kcvols1

VN Store

Back