Top Golf Neyland

Everyone thinks seat width is a huge problem but leg and footroom may be worse. Widening the seats or installing chairbacks would do nothing to improve this and would likely make the legroom issue worse in most area. Maybe it's because I'm over 6' tall but my lack of leg room is a bigger problem than my fat arse.

Maybe the leg room would feel greater with wider seats (manspreading?)

I do agree with many that the big screen does sap the energy out of the crowd

This.

IMO, chairbacks would make the row width worse. I'm 5' 11' and my knees are in the back of the person in front of me. If someone wants to get out, everyone has to stand up.

Reactions: Wireless1
Back on Topic, went yesterday with my son. Some note for others attending. They supply the clubs SW, PW, & 9 iron. It's using the camera system and if you hit the ball too high or too low out of the camera vision it will not register - I'd have killed it with a knock down 7 iron.
If scoring matters for you hit a ball see where it lands and ends up, then correct - just like if your sights are off on a gun. After you hit 5 balls- Stop, the camera will record your 6th ball as the first for the next guy. Ours kept freezing up, they can reset it if that happens, get one of the staff to help.
That being said it was a blast to be hitting golf balls in Neyland. I apologize to the person in section C about row 8 for the dent I put in your seat.

Agreed! It was awesome. 2B96FF0E-9C23-456F-BB84-89FFC0F63AE6.jpeg

Everyone thinks seat width is a huge problem but leg and footroom may be worse. Widening the seats or installing chairbacks would do nothing to improve this and would likely make the legroom issue worse in most area. Maybe it's because I'm over 6' tall but my lack of leg room is a bigger problem than my fat arse.

Maybe the leg room would feel greater with wider seats (manspreading?)

I do agree with many that the big screen does sap the energy out of the crowd
I agree, unfortunately, that dimension is set by the pour of the concrete so that's be a huge expense to remedy. Our seats got moved this past season due to covid and we were in a "Box", it had more leg room than our row 2 seats.

Well then, you’ve seen the netting, yes? Pretty sure the luxury boxes will be fine.

As for divots, nobody will be hitting from the playing surface to my understanding. If you’re worried about ballmarks on the field, it’s more like the first cut of rough than a green, so it should be fine.

Personally, I really like Neyland, but am fine with a public building being used more than 8-10 times per year. They should have many more events in it like this, Garth Brooks, etc. Hell, I’d love to see Hootie & the Blowfish, the Stones, Widespread, Buffett, or Galactic there. Turn the revenue back into the improvements.

Like I said, it ain’t church. It ain’t sacred. No stadium is, except maybe the Roman Coliseum.

BTW, Sanford is in Athens and is in this tour, along with Sun Devil, Doak Campbell, Williams Brice, Ben Hill Griffin, Oklahoma Memorial, and McLane Stadiums. Looks pretty fun.

Neyland is not a church, but it is a holy relic. But it was slightly tainted for the first time when they let the Jacksons di concerts in it for the first time. As to the groups you suggested? Buffett might be fun, but the rest, they could not pay me to be there. As long as they don't put Taylor Swift in it. Then it needs to be leveled. The taint on it? They ain't enough holy water in the world to remove it.

Sanford, they can do what they want, it is an abomination anyway.

Neyland is not a church, but it is a holy relic. But it was slightly tainted for the first time when they let the Jacksons di concerts in it for the first time. As to the groups you suggested? Buffett might be fun, but the rest, they could not pay me to be there. As long as they don't put Taylor Swift in it. Then it needs to be leveled. The taint on it? They ain't enough holy water in the world to remove it.

Sanford, they can do what they want, it is an abomination anyway.

Haha...

...taint.

Haha...

...taint.

Well, my biggest concern is the sanity and well being of any dog within hearing distance. If she books Neyland, I am joining PETA. And I am gonna stir them up into picketing it for the sake of the dogs.

VN Store

Back