Tom Mars, Attorney For Cade Mays Interview

Sara Clark

Fans should be informed of the process not the reason for transfer.
Getting to know the head coach is one of the more enjoyable aspects of his job.
Pruitt cares more for his players than any coach Mars has ever met. He's [Pruitt] is a "class" guy.
Time table discussed as well as loop holes that existed. Time table most often is based off quality and complexities of the packet sent to NCAA
He has sufficient documentation to support facts of this case. This case meets "his" criteria for transfer. He told both Cade and his parents he is confident he will play next year. However, the NCAA made some changes in June, he went on to tell them, he could be wrong.

Good insight, if you have time, give it a listen....

Attorney Tom Mars Interview

Last edited:
Lol, point taken. You should give this a listen.

It's a hard listen. Lots of pregnant pauses and he says that he won't say what the basis is for Cade's waiver request because it's nobody's business. He did say that reports he's seen in the media aren't even close to right. Therefore it sounds like his Dad's lawsuit is not the reason. It'd have been nice if the hosts asked him for examples of what would be valid reasons for a transfer but that didn't happen

So if the finger incident isn't the reason he transferred that begs the question what is? Anyone's guess but I would put my bet on a coaching issue

So if the finger incident isn't the reason he transferred that begs the question what is? Anyone's guess but I would put my bet on a coaching issue

Cade went there anyway AFTER the finger incident had occurred. So trying to win the appeal and being granted the waiver off that is a pretty weak ground to stand on imo.

I hope it is something else as Mars suggests.

Cade went there anyway AFTER the finger incident had occurred. So trying to win the appeal and being granted the waiver off that is a pretty weak ground to stand on imo.

Either they didn't want bias against Cade if they sued while he was there and/or use as leverage to release Cade.

Reactions: LittleVol
I thought the finger incident happened a while back, like as in his before his first game at UGA. To me, if that’s the issue, then why wait so long to transfer? I don’t know, I just don’t see that as the issue.

Thanks. I thought finger gate was a while ago

I thought the finger incident happened a while back, like as in his before his first game at UGA. To me, if that’s the issue, then why wait so long to transfer? I don’t know, I just don’t see that as the issue.
It wasn't said, but implied, finger has nothing to do with it.

VN Store

Back