Tom Brady.....even better than I thought he was.

Manning had the right professional mindset so that tells me how much you know about the subject. Manning was all about the grind in his career. He worked with the receivers quite often during the offseason and in season. The mentally domination of the Florida-UT rivalry includes the coaches, players and just about every aspect of the football program. It has extended beyond individual coaching careers at both universities.

LOL Nobody could be this dumb, at this point I'm just writing you off as a troll. Nice try, anytime you want to argue about the Patriots you let me know. But come with facts next time, not your Manning fairy tales.

LOL Nobody could be this dumb, at this point I'm just writing you off as a troll. Nice try, anytime you want to argue about the Patriots you let me know. But come with facts next time, not your Manning fairy tales.
Exactly what parts of my post do you disagree with? Be specific.

Exactly what parts of my post do you disagree with? Be specific.

I've already explained to you that I'm not wasting my time on anybody dense enough to think Manning could have walked into the Pats organization and won 6 Super Bowls. Hell I doubt you can find another person on planet earth that agrees with that absurd premise, even Peyton himself would be laughing at that.

I've already explained to you that I'm not wasting my time on anybody dense enough to think Manning could have walked into the Pats organization and won 6 Super Bowls. Hell I doubt you can find another person on planet earth that agrees with that absurd premise, even Peyton himself would be laughing at that.
Yeah he could have and he is not the only one. Brady is a top 5/10 Qb of all time. Montana,Brady,Staubauch, Marino are some others that could of done it. Maybe even Rodgers,Elway and River’s may have done it. Teams and circumstances win Sb’s , individual players are part of a group collective effort to win games.Brady did not have great Qb performances the last two games this year. He threw 3 Int against the Packers, he certainly didn’t win that game. The recent SN win was because of Kansas City having OL out and Tampa was able to dominate the Chiefs passing game with a pass rush. Brady’s game against the Seahawks was just pure luck that they won. The Atlanta SB win was a complete choke job by the Atlanta Falcons. Sorry you will never convince me that GOAT Qb is Brady although he should be mentioned as one of the greats. One thing I will give him credit for is his ability to play competitively past
The age of 39 when most Qb’s are calling it quits.
If Manning was a NE Draftee , it is easy to believe he would of one the first three NE Sb’s when Brady was actually just a game manager. He would have never lost to Eli so there is two more victories and he would have beat the Colts when they won the Sb. That’s six. Now I doubt he would have been able to win the two or three that Brady win later in his career since Manning lost his arm strength at 39.

Last edited:
Reactions: PlanetVolunteer
Yeah he could have and he is not the only one. Brady is a top 5/10 Qb of all time. Montana,Brady,Staubauch, Marino are some others that could of done it. Maybe even Rodgers,Elway and River’s may have done it. Teams and circumstances win Sb’s , individual players are part of a group collective effort to win games.Brady did not have great Qb performances the last two games this year. He threw 3 Int against the Packers, he certainly didn’t win that game. The recent SN win was because of Kansas City having OL out and Tampa was able to dominate the Chiefs passing game with a pass rush. Brady’s game against the Seahawks was just pure luck that they won. The Atlanta SB win was a complete choke job by the Atlanta Falcons. Sorry you will never convince me that GOAT Qb is Brady although he should be mentioned as one of the greats. One thing I will give him credit for is his ability to play competitively past
If Manning was a NE Draftee , it is easy to believe he would of one the first three NE Sb’s when Brady was actually just a game manager. He would have never lost to Eli so there is two more victories and he would have beat the Colts when they won the Sb. That’s six. Now I doubt he would have been able to win the two or three that Brady win later in his career since Manning lost his arm strength at 39.

I don't know what to say to this. The beauty of being able to look at a whole career is that when you've done it as often as Brady has, it ain't luck.

And we have hindsight about the success as if we saw it coming. No one thought the Bucs were going to win the Super Bowl when the playoffs started. Everyone wants to act now like they were this awesome team that no one had a prayer to beat. Just nonsense.

‘Maybe Bill was right’: Twitter reacts to Bucs’ loss in Tom Brady’s debut

Not to mention what the reaction was after he forgot what down it was against the Bears.

The cool thing is we don't really need to argue about this. Watch the interviews with all the dudes playing for Tampa. Listen to his former teammates in NE.

They know why they've got rings.

I don't know what to say to this. The beauty of being able to look at a whole career is that when you've done it as often as Brady has, it ain't luck.

And we have hindsight about the success as if we saw it coming. No one thought the Bucs were going to win the Super Bowl when the playoffs started. Everyone wants to act now like they were this awesome team that no one had a prayer to beat. Just nonsense.

‘Maybe Bill was right’: Twitter reacts to Bucs’ loss in Tom Brady’s debut

Not to mention what the reaction was after he forgot what down it was against the Bears.

The cool thing is we don't really need to argue about this. Watch the interviews with all the dudes playing for Tampa. Listen to his former teammates in NE.

They know why they've got rings.
Tom Brady brought a whole new attitude to the Buccaneers that hadn't been there for 15 years.

Reactions: USAFgolferVol
No one thought the Bucs were going to win the Super Bowl when the playoffs started. Everyone wants to act now like they were this awesome team that no one had a prayer to beat. Just nonsense.
Wrong. I called the Bucs winning the Super Bowl before the season started. Then, before the playoffs started, I predicted the Bucs beating Buffalo (who I had beating Kansas City in the AFC Championship Game) in the Super Bowl. Were the Bucs a great team all season? No. They weren't. However, prior to the playoffs starting they had already caught fire because 1) they had overcome a ton of injuries to key receivers and 2) the offense finally started to click about 5 weeks before the playoffs started. A team doesn't have to be great all season to win a Super Bowl. They just have to be great in the playoffs.

Last edited:
To back up the point I was making in the original post at that time.

Look at all of the money New England is spending to "upgrade" their talent and most of these signees are mediocre. Matthew Judon is the only Pro Bowler. There is a strong argument the TE's are not even top 10 in the league.

Yet, the consensus is that they are clearly a better team today than last week. They have signed 10+ free agents and we haven't even gotten to the NFL draft. With all of that, they still aren't better than the Bills, Chiefs, Browns, Steelers, Ravens, Titans, and if Wentz's career can be revived, the Colts.

That's how terrible that roster was and I've got news for Patriots fans....unless Cam can turn back the clock, they haven't done a damn thing to move the needle.

They threw bunch of money at a bunch of "blah"

Last edited:
To back up the point I was making in the original post at that time.

Look at all of the money New England is spending to "upgrade" their talent and most of these signees are mediocre. Matthew Judon is the only Pro Bowler. Their is a strong argument the TE's are not even top 10 in the league.

Yet, the consensus is that they are clearly a better team today than last week. They have signed 10+ free agents and we haven't even gotten to the NFL draft. With all of that, they still aren't better than the Bills, Chiefs, Browns, Steelers, Ravens, Titans, and if Wentz's career can be revived, the Colts.

That's how terrible that roster was and I've got news for Patriots fans....unless Cam can turn back the clock, they haven't done a damn thing to move the needle.

They threw bunch of money at a bunch of "blah"
I agree with this. Their roster last year was amongst the very worst in the league, and I don't see any game changers in their off season moves. The best of their moves was signing the 2 tight ends. I think they're both somewhere around TE 6-10 in the league talent-wise, if fully healthy. They both just received severe downgrades in the quality of the quarterback throwing them passes. Of course, they're still likely the top 2 receivers on the Patriots team.

Last edited:

No offense, but this is one of the silliest things I've ever read. Your "argument" is basically that if reality were completely different then stuff wouldn't be the same.....genius. And how the hell do you know Peyton "would have never lost to Eli?" I'll answer that for you....you don't.

This is the problem when you argue from fantasy because if you're going there then there isn't a scenario too ridiculous that you can't "what if". I can come up with a scenario that Jarrett Guarantano goes down as the greatest QB in Tennessee history and the first UT player to win a Heisman and you can't dispute it because.....hey it's all fantasy and what ifs.

Reactions: HoptownVol
Anybody that thinks Tom Brady isn’t the greatest QB of all time wants to live in an alternate reality. Even if you try to make cases for the others, his longevity trumps all.

Anybody that thinks Tom Brady isn’t the greatest QB of all time wants to live in an alternate reality. Even if you try to make cases for the others, his longevity trumps all.

It might have already been posted in this thread, but it reminds me of that article a while back talking about how Brady has basically had 3 separate HOF-level careers rolled into one (2000-2006, 2007-2014, and 2015-present).

It might have already been posted in this thread, but it reminds me of that article a while back talking about how Brady has basically had 3 separate HOF-level careers rolled into one (2000-2006, 2007-2014, and 2015-present).

He absolutely had. If you took his career in half and split them you can easily argue both careers are top 10 ever

He absolutely had. If you took his career in half and split them you can easily argue both careers are top 10 ever

And he's a multi-time "Missed High Five" Hall of Famer too.

6S6.gif

AcidicSelfreliantArgentinehornedfrog-max-1mb.gif

VN Store

Back