Tom Brady.....even better than I thought he was.

Do you still feel that way? I think the answer is pretty clear.

I always thought Brady, not because I don't think Belichek is a good coach but, I always take players over coaches at the professional level. Barry Switzer won a Super Bowl.

I have tremendous respect for Belichek over most for the same reason I have that level of respect for Brady. I don't think many coaches take the talent level the Patriots have had in the last decade and win Super Bowls. A large part of it is Brady. The other part is Bill taking guys that won't be remembered and having defenses good enough to win. No defensive players made the pro bowl on the 2014 or 2018 Patriots. I think time will tell how good these two guys were because it's going to be clear how many of their players are in the good, but not great category.

The reason I gush about Brady and laugh about some of these posts is that it's not arguable at this point. It just isn't. The man has taken teams to the Super Bowl 5 times (winning 4) since turning 37. He'd be a Hall of Famer on what he has done since turning 37 alone.

I respect the hell out of Manning and any other guy you can think of. But, the achievement is so great, you have to stand back and acknowledge it. The man has played in 10 Super Bowls. He's been a starting QB for 19 years (2000, he wasn't a starter, 2008, he was injured). So, he makes the Super Bowl in 52.6% of the seasons he has started. He's about 10% more likely to QB a team to the Super Bowl than Stephen Curry is to hit a 3 in an NBA game.

And for old guy achievement, the only argument I will hear is George Foreman becoming heavyweight champion at age 45. But, 40 TD passes in the regular season, 10 in the playoffs at age 43.

Peyton Manning, who had a long and glorious career, was 14-13 in the playoffs He played in 4 Super Bowls and won 2. He threw 40 TD's in the playoffs during his career. It's a great career.

I won't post Brady's numbers, but he's got more than twice as many in everything. Wins, TD's, appearances, etc. If you took away every playoff win Brady has when his team won the Super Bowl (22 wins), he still has a winning record as a playoff QB.

Now before recent years, it was "brady's got rings, but Peyton's better because Peyton's got records". Well, Peyton's records are gone. Then, it was "Well, Brady played for Belichek and was lucky to play with the greatest coach of all time". Now, he goes and does what he did (at 43....this can't be emphasized enough) for the Tampa Bay Bucs who had not won a playoff game since 2002 and what? We just have to make it up now. Because there is no argument.

Never saw this before, so I thought I would post it because it's funny as hell

Peyton, if he had played for NE under Bellichek, wins Brady’s first 3 Sb’s, his own SB in 2006 and the two Brady losses to Eli. That’s six SB’s IMO. Brady was very fortunate to play under Belichek. The story could have been much different if he hadn’t. Brady’s first 3 Sb’s were defense dominated teams by the leadership of confident trash talking players like Bruschi, Vrabek and a few others. They just intimidated other teams with their attitude. Indy was mentally dominated by NE early on in Brady’s and Peyton’s careers just like TN has been mentally dominated by the Gators.

You have no idea what it takes to play for Belichick, its a constant grind, and it ain't no fun. To claim Manning could have just walked in there and won 6 SBs is probably the dumbest thing I've ever seen on this board. Well that and that UT was "mentally dominated" by Florida, if thats code for "outcoached" then you may have a point.

You have no idea what it takes to play for Belichick, its a constant grind, and it ain't no fun. To claim Manning could have just walked in there and won 6 SBs is probably the dumbest thing I've ever seen on this board. Well that and that UT was "mentally dominated" by Florida, if thats code for "outcoached" then you may have a point.
Manning had the right professional mindset so that tells me how much you know about the subject. Manning was all about the grind in his career. He worked with the receivers quite often during the offseason and in season. The mentally domination of the Florida-UT rivalry includes the coaches, players and just about every aspect of the football program. It has extended beyond individual coaching careers at both universities.

You'd save yourself a lot of time if you just admitted you hate Brady; because your arguments are kind of f'n stupid.
No actually I respect both Brady and Belichek and I respect Brady even more for being a Trump friend or supporter. I just think he benefitted greatly for his time in the Patriots organization and other Qb’s would have benefitted also in the same situation.

To pretend like Peyton would definitely have 6 SB's is stupid but to pretend like he definitely wouldn't have 4+ is just as silly. Put any elite QB in those circumstances and it's still a dynasty.

No....this is still pretty stupid.

No actually I respect both Brady and Belichek and I respect Brady even more for being a Trump friend or supporter. I just think he benefitted greatly for his time in the Patriots organization and other Qb’s would have benefitted also in the same situation.

And I think Joe Montana would have been a nobody if he didn't play for the 49er's. But you know what, he did. And Dan Marino didn't. So I can say "Dan Marino would have won 5 Super Bowls with the 49er's" until I'm blue in the face and it's still just conjecture and opinion.

Reactions: butchna
And I think Joe Montana would have been a nobody if he didn't play for the 49er's. But you know what, he did. And Dan Marino didn't. So I can say "Dan Marino would have won 5 Super Bowls with the 49er's" until I'm blue in the face and it's still just conjecture and opinion.
Never stated it was anything other than my opinion and as far as my vote for GOAT, it would be Montana, not Manning. Marino also should be in the mix for GOAT also. He actually started the huge increase in the passing game that all the other Qb’s and teams adapted.

Never stated it was anything other than my opinion and as far as my vote for GOAT, it would be Montana, not Manning. Marino also should be in the mix for GOAT also. He actually started the huge increase in the passing game that all the other Qb’s and teams adapted.

I honestly don't understand why Montana isn't knocked for the same reasons people knock Brady. Dude played for a HOF coach on loaded teams including maybe the best WR ever.

I honestly don't understand why Montana isn't knocked for the same reasons people knock Brady. Dude played for a HOF coach on loaded teams including maybe the best WR ever.
And had great defenses in all four of his super bowl years:
1981-2nd
1984-1st
1988-8th
1989-3rd

VN Store

Back