Tom Brady.....even better than I thought he was.

Even if you make the fair point Brady had better defenses...Peyton had way better weapons on offense through 2006. He has Marvin Harrison, Edgerrin James and Reggie Wayne and their OL was probably about the same. Brady had Kevin Faulk, Troy Brown, Jerome Givens and Antoine Smith.

Even if you make the fair point Brady had better defenses...Peyton had way better weapons on offense through 2006. He has Marvin Harrison, Edgerrin James and Reggie Wayne and their OL was probably about the same. Brady had Kevin Faulk, Troy Brown, Jerome Givens and Antoine Smith.

Manning had better weapons but that's not the best formula. Brady didn't win when he had the best weapons and a great D.

To pretend like Peyton would definitely have 6 SB's is stupid but to pretend like he definitely wouldn't have 4+ is just as silly. Put any elite QB in those circumstances and it's still a dynasty.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
Manning had better weapons but that's not the best formula. Brady didn't win when he had the best weapons and a great D.

It still matters though. Brady had the defense and Manning allegedly didn’t. Fine. But how come Brady’s performances in the postseason were consistent better than Peyton if he had better weapons through 2004? You concede Manning had better weapons but performed worse than Brady consistently the first few years.

Reactions: butchna
Who said automatic?

Harrison fumbled near the goal and Kenton Keith let an open catch go off his hands for a pick at the goal line. Couple that with the D surrendering 28 against a team with a top 5 D and any QB is probably losing that game. A lot can go wrong when you're not Tom Brady.

Let's not troll Peyton Manning on a Vols board, for hell's sake
Not trolling Peyton to give Brady his just due. Peyton dots my mancave and I defend his legacy. Simply gave up extrapolating data to minimize Brady’s greatness. Suggesting that the Patriots defense through the run have been on par with the generational Bears and Ravens squads is a clinic in disingenuous. Well schooled and coached Belichick defenses HELPED Brady as did this recent Bowles unit.

To pretend like Peyton would definitely have 6 SB's is stupid but to pretend like he definitely wouldn't have 4+ is just as silly. Put any elite QB in those circumstances and it's still a dynasty.
It’s all theory. Only thing KNOWN is Brady has 7.

I don’t care, watching Patricia coach defense with the Lions and knowing Brady won the Super Bowl with that clown on staff is impressive lol
Patricia might be a clown as a HC but he was top notch as a DC. Of course that was with Belichek’s guidance.

Belichek’s game planning negated any personnel advantage the Colts had.

So your talking about Cleveland and then 2020 Covid season and Cam Newton? View attachment 350291
Again what’s his record without Tom Brady as his starting quarterback? do you have anything to refute any of the points that have brought up in this thread or are you just a butthurt UT fan that can’t stand the fact that there’s another quarterback who’s viewed by pretty much everyone as better than Peyton? I’m guessing it’s the latter.

Again what’s his record without Tom Brady as his starting quarterback? do you have anything to refute any of the points that have brought up in this thread or are you just a butthurt UT fan that can’t stand the fact that there’s another quarterback who’s viewed by pretty much everyone as better than Peyton? I’m guessing it’s the latter.
You can’t judge Belichek by his Cleveland stint. You are simple minded. Why do you think Brady left NE after 2019 ? He knew what was happening with the roster and organization. The glory days were over.

You can’t judge Belichek by his Cleveland stint. You are simple minded. Why do you think Brady left NE after 2019 ? He knew what was happening with the roster and organization. The glory days were over.
Why am I simple minded? Because I’ve been able to refute all your nonsense in this thread with actual facts? Ok let’s discount Belichick’s Cleveland career. His record in New England without Tom Brady is 26-26. So instead of having a below average career record when counting his Cleveland days, he just has a perfectly average record in New England when TB isn’t his quarterback.

Why am I simple minded? Because I’ve been able to refute all your nonsense in this thread with actual facts? Ok let’s discount Belichick’s Cleveland career. His record in New England without Tom Brady is 26-26. So instead of having a below average career record when counting his Cleveland days, he just has a perfectly average record in New England when TB isn’t his quarterback.
Because the point is silly to state that Bellichek cannot win without Brady because of the small sample size. He was 10-6 with Cassel the year Brady was injured most of the year and then we only have 2020 as the only year Brady wasn’t there. What was his record with Bledsoe’s short stint before Brady?

Because the point is silly to state that Bellichek cannot win without Brady because of the small sample size. He was 10-6 with Cassel the year Brady was injured most of the year and then we only have 2020 as the only year Brady wasn’t there. What was his record with Bledsoe’s short stint before Brady?
Where did I say that he can’t win without Brady? Jesus Christ stop making sh*t up. I was simply responding to your post which said that the success of the Pats was clearly due to Belichick. And his record in New England with Bledsoe as his quarterback was 5-13.

Where did I say that he can’t win without Brady? Jesus Christ stop making sh*t up. I was simply responding to your post which said that the success of the Pats was clearly due to Belichick. And his record in New England with Bledsoe as his quarterback was 5-13.
The success of the Patriots is primarily due to Belichek with his coaching,game plans and overall GM management of the roster. Brady helped but so would of a half-dozen other Brady era Qbs. P. Manning,Rodgers,Brees, Big Ben Roth and Rivers. All those guys would have won multiple Sb’s with NE in the same timeframe that Brady played at NE.

Yes I watched almost every game of his tenure. He’s a bad defensive coach. By the way New England’s defense got immediately better when he left
He had great defenses at NE when his focus was on that side of the ball only. Being a overall bad HC doesn’t necessarily mean he is a bad DC if that was his only responsibility. I’m not sure how long he was at NE but if Belichek thought he was a bad DC he would have fired him after one year. IMO.

He had great defenses at NE when his focus was on that side of the ball only. Being a overall bad HC doesn’t necessarily mean he is a bad DC if that was his only responsibility. I’m not sure how long he was at NE but if Belichek thought he was a bad DC he would have fired him after one year. IMO.

His defenses were awful and he was running it. Trust me, he’s not a good defensive coach. It’s why he only was able to get a job back with New England.

VN Store

Back