Todd Helton HOF Debate

Didn't make the ball jump out of the stadium. There's no pitching equvalent to Brady Anderson hitting 50 home runs.
didnt see any fans boycotting that - these idiot weasel sportswriters should not be able to dictate who gets in the HOF

Reactions: txbo
didnt see any fans boycotting that - these idiot weasel sportswriters should not be able to dictate who gets in the HOF
What fan boycott is currently in effect? Comfort yourself in the fact that the stewards of the game will eventually die off and glorified Tik Tokers will be mailing in multiple ballots. Should enable Bonds to be enshrined in 20 years.

If the real talent aren't juicing, they aren't giving their all to entertain me.

Grab a seat next to the pastor in the dugout and have a beer.
They're giving their REAL "all"...not chemical.

I'm a bourbon man.

Reactions: StarRaider
What fan boycott is currently in effect? Comfort yourself in the fact that the stewards of the game will eventually die off and glorified Tik Tokers will be mailing in multiple ballots. Should enable Bonds to be enshrined in 20 years.
the fans not coming back after the strike and cancelled WS but what happened to bring them back ?

the fans not coming back after the strike and cancelled WS but what happened to bring them back ?
Currently? I throughly enjoyed last season...course I'm a Braves fan. I enjoyed the McGwire/Sosa summer as much as anybody but the fraud wasn't sustainable. By the time the farce of pressuring Hank Aaron to attend Bond's fraud takeover of his title happened, there was a level of apathy rivaling any I've ever seen in the sport. See the relative worthlessness of the record setting ball for reference.

Reactions: BigOrangeMojo
I fancy a bourbon myself. I'm finding myself enjoying a few ryes as well.
Woodford Reserve Double Oak single batch allegedly from Santa...I suspect collusion with my wife.

Currently? I throughly enjoyed last season...course I'm a Braves fan. I enjoyed the McGwire/Sosa summer as much as anybody but the fraud wasn't sustainable. By the time the farce of pressuring Hank Aaron to attend Bond's fraud takeover of his title happened, there was a level of apathy rivaling any I've ever seen in the sport. See the relative worthlessness of the record setting ball for reference.

Wouldn't be an issue if Hank had been willing to juice.

He didn't give his all.

Woodford Reserve Double Oak single batch allegedly from Santa...I suspect collusion with my wife.

I've never had that but know several people that love anything Woodford.

Let me know how it tastes.

Reactions: butchna
Wait a minute now. You opened it already?

That's more of a "we're going to regionals" type score.

Maybe I’ll still have some Van Winkle left by then. I may pick up another bottle of the Michter’s.

I've never had that but know several people that love anything Woodford.

Let me know how it tastes.
Will do. Mebbe overdo it at a Rangers game and get on Sportscenter. ;)

Maybe I’ll still have some Van Winkle left by then. I may pick up another bottle of the Michter’s.

Van Winkle? Damn that's awesome.

I was gifted the latest edition of Whistlepig Boss Hog for Christmas. If it's anything like last year's edition, I'm in for a treat. It's definitely a post season bottle.

Reactions: NorCalVol67
Texas Rangers? I have many fond memories taking my family to The Ballpark at Arlington.

I went to a game there in the 70's and saw Catfish Hunter for the Yanks vs Gaylord Perry for the Rangers. Rangers won 1-0 because Catfish walked a guy who came around to score without a hit scoring him. A guy named Bobby Bonds was the Yankee CF.

I went to a game there in the 70's and saw Catfish Hunter for the Yanks vs Gaylord Perry for the Rangers. Rangers won 1-0 because Catfish walked a guy who came around to score without a hit scoring him. A guy named Bobby Bonds was the Yankee CF.

Nice.

In the 70s, the best park I visited was that of the Elizabethton Twins. LOL

Reactions: youcancallmeAl

VN Store

Back