To Protect and to Serve II

Police misconduct, such as falsifying evidence, is a leading cause of wrongful convictions, study finds
This is very disturbing.
Consequences are rare
Police officers were disciplined or convicted of crimes in only 19% of exonerations that involved some type of misconduct, according to the study. That's a rate five times higher than those for prosecutors, whose misconduct account for 30% of the cases.

Perhaps most infamous is former Chicago Police Commander Jon Burge who was convicted of perjury for lying about his role as the leader of a group of officers who tortured suspects into confessing.

Police misconduct, such as falsifying evidence, is a leading cause of wrongful convictions, study finds
This is very disturbing.
Consequences are rare
Police officers were disciplined or convicted of crimes in only 19% of exonerations that involved some type of misconduct, according to the study. That's a rate five times higher than those for prosecutors, whose misconduct account for 30% of the cases.

Perhaps most infamous is former Chicago Police Commander Jon Burge who was convicted of perjury for lying about his role as the leader of a group of officers who tortured suspects into confessing.

I heard the other day something that makes 110% sense... if a cop lies on a police report, that should be considered or charged as perjury. As a matter of fact, any LEO or DA or public official that lies on a document that they sign, it should be considered perjury.

I heard the other day something that makes 110% sense... if a cop lies on a police report, that should be considered or charged as perjury. As a matter of fact, any LEO or DA or public official that lies on a document that they sign, it should be considered perjury.
Filling a false report is a felony, just an FYI...

Just treat police as any other citizen.
If they lie on a police report they receive the same punishment as if I lied on the report.
I’d even argue that the punishment should be stronger when police do it.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols

These busted tail lights...
gen_204

Roderick Walker was identified as the passenger in the car that deputies with the Clayton County Sheriff’s Office stopped on Friday because of a broken taillight. When cops asked Walker for his ID, the passenger said he didn’t have any, prompting the officers to resort to ruthless violence in response. The incident was filmed by bystanders from multiple, separate angles providing a clear view of a helpless Walker being pummelled and choked to the point that he said “I’m gonna die!” and “I can’t breathe!”

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Just treat police as any other citizen.
If they lie on a police report they receive the same punishment as if I lied on the report.
I’d even argue that the punishment should be stronger when police do it.
I agree with you but, the police, police themselves. There needs to be an impartial oversight panel that reviews police. They also need to have 24/7 body cams and in car cameras.

I agree. All you have to do is see how these drugged out pieces of human waste treat cops and there is no way any police officer would get convicted of a crime.

I also wouldn't do much in the way of pulling people over or trying to make arrests. You'd really have to be a dumbass for me to arrest you.

Potty breaks on video, awesome. . . .
It's easy to get around this. Technology is an amazing thing, just have the officer press a button on the camera and it quits making camera footage available during that time to every Tom, Dick and Harry without a court order. Is that okay?

VN Store

Back