To everyone who thinks Bray is an NFL lock ...

It does flow from the head coach, but I don't think the flow has much impact on Bray. Also, please show me in which post I said that Bray wouldn't play in the league. I don't know or care whether he plays or not . I am a fan of Tennessee football. He's gone.

Does it bother you that Casey Clausen and Joey Matthews aren't playing in the league? Tyler Bray means no more to me than those guys. I don't hate him, but I really don't care where he goes from here any more than I care about some Lady Vol on the rowing team.

That's where we differ. I wish all former Vols nothing but the best and hope they succeed at what ever they do.

My contention with you (and others) is that you seem to lay most of the blame on the kids where as I place almost all on the coaches. Coaching matters more than most fans realize.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

That's where we differ. I wish all former Vols nothing but the best and hope they succeed at what ever they do.

My contention with you (and others) is that you seem to lay most of the blame on the kids where as I place almost all on the coaches. Coaching matters more than most fans realize.
I don't wish any of them ill will, but my life certainly doesn't revolve around what a bunch of college kids do after they leave school. Notice I didn't say graduate.

To me, the football players should have no more importance than any other students, and I sure don't have the time or inclination to worry about 20,000 of them leaving there every year.

It will be interesting to see how Bray does at the next level. if he matures he has a chance. I guess only time will tell but for sure someone will take a chance. Probably Jerry Jones.

One other thing VolBeef88, the coaches certainly share a lot of the blame in the fortunes of the team in this, and any year. I really got the impression that in Bray's case, coaching wouldn't have made much difference. Bray was the one player on the team whom I felt, rightly or wrongly, was in it for himself and no one else. He gave up way too easily, and I think he may have intentionally thrown the Kentucky game last year, and the Vandy game this year.

I am of the belief that he did not want to go to a bowl last year, and wanted Dooley fired this year. Those were the 2 worst quarterbacked games that I have ever seen. I don't believe that he could have been trying, and have been that bad.

who thought Foster would make a nfl leading ground gainer. he fumbled alot in college.I do believe Bray will make a pro qb,when pigs fly. Not even the practice team.

Watch that goofball playing QB for Mississippi State today and remember that he outplayed Bray head-to-head, along with virtually every other quarterback in the SEC. Playing at the next level is about rising to the occasion, both in training camp and then on Sundays. Yes, Bray put up some great numbers and has a ton of natural ability, but when did he ever rise to the occasion and do something great at UT? Forget the lousy coaching ... when did Tyler Bray strap the team on his back and refuse to lose in a big spot? Maybe I'm wrong and he can simply turn on that intangible attribute at the next level, but I just don't see it.

Bray piled up those dazzling numbers vrs low-rent talent. In big SEC games, he came up small everytime. He has a great arm and thats all. He will not make it in the big leagues, where you need heart and brains along with a big arm .

To say he wont make a roster is careless. Plenty of teams would love to have a player with Brays skill set as a backup. I guarantee at least half the offenses coaches in the league believe that they can "fix" him.

For clown franchises like Arizona, KC, Oakland, Buffalo, Cleveland, and Miami I would say his chances are pretty good

He isn't a lock but has potetial.....Hey that was an easy question.
If CP had questions like that in class he might stay. JK

He will make more money in a signing bonus that most will make in 5 years or 10 years of work.. The real question is whether he is like 2/3 of all players and be bankrupted.

I may be wrong, but I don't see any sane GM or coach taking Bray until round 5 or beyond. Only teams I see taking a QB in top 3 rounds is Chiefs, Jets, Bills, Chargers, Eagles, Cowboys, and Cardinals. Betting some of those pick up Romo and Rivers, cause I feel they are about to be dealt,and there are going to be enough other QBs in the draft to get Bray overlooked. My point is they won't give huge signing bonuses to late round picks or people they will use on the practice squad. He better have one helluva combine if his expects to be drafted.

I may be wrong, but I don't see any sane GM or coach taking Bray until round 5 or beyond. Only teams I see taking a QB in top 3 rounds is Chiefs, Jets, Bills, Chargers, Eagles, Cowboys, and Cardinals. Betting some of those pick up Romo and Rivers, cause I feel they are about to be dealt,and there are going to be enough other QBs in the draft to get Bray overlooked. My point is they won't give huge signing bonuses to late round picks or people they will use on the practice squad. He better have one helluva combine if his expects to be drafted.

Well your wrong then. Kiper and every other draft expert has TB in the top three rounds. No way he goes in round five or below. Bray is better than several starters and back ups in the NFL right now.

Well your wrong then. Kiper and every other draft expert has TB in the top three rounds. No way he goes in round five or below. Bray is better than several starters and back ups in the NFL right now.

You're exactly right. With proper coaching he very well could be a solid NFL QB.
Why some of our idiot fans get off on bashing our former players never ceases to amaze me.

You're exactly right. With proper coaching he very well could be a solid NFL QB.
Why some of our idiot fans get off on bashing our former players never ceases to amaze me.
I will never bash a single player or coach, who gives effort in every game on the field, and stays in trouble off of it. I may post statistics about a player whose actual numbers are somewhat less than another poster's inflated view of him though.

I will never bash a single player or coach, who gives effort in every game on the field, and stays in trouble off of it. I may post statistics about a player whose actual numbers are somewhat less than another poster's inflated view of him though.

You have no clue.

Watch that goofball playing QB for Mississippi State today and remember that he outplayed Bray head-to-head, along with virtually every other quarterback in the SEC. Playing at the next level is about rising to the occasion, both in training camp and then on Sundays. Yes, Bray put up some great numbers and has a ton of natural ability, but when did he ever rise to the occasion and do something great at UT? Forget the lousy coaching ... when did Tyler Bray strap the team on his back and refuse to lose in a big spot? Maybe I'm wrong and he can simply turn on that intangible attribute at the next level, but I just don't see it.

Actually, if you'll remember correctly, we probably had the worst Tennessee defense in the last 20 years. Hard to put that on one guy--which essentially what you are doing. In other words, . . . Bray had his struggles, especially with SEC teams. But so did the defense, the offensive line, the receivers, and the kicking game.

For those of you that say you wouldnt bash a former player well...
th

Per EA show, he has been invited to the combine as a throwing quarterback. Comparable to throwing batting practice. Not bashing, all I've said all along was based on his performance in the past, he was not a lock to be an NFL quarterback. This invitation confirms that NFL scouts feel the same way. As a throwing quarterback at the combines, he possibly goes undrafted.

Reactions: 1 person
Per EA show, he has been invited to the combine as a throwing quarterback. Comparable to throwing batting practice. Not bashing, all I've said all along was based on his performance in the past, he was not a lock to be an NFL quarterback. This invitation confirms that NFL scouts feel the same way. As a throwing quarterback at the combines, he possibly goes undrafted.

Sorry for my ignorance, but what other kind of QB would one want to be when invited to the combine?

Reactions: 1 person
Wish we could just all forget about Tyler Brat. It will be a bad memory in UT football history down the road. I don't see anyone make a lasting impression in the NFL off the Dooley teams. Some good players but none really NFL stars.

Yes, I thought Murray outplayed him. I really hope you're right. I hope losing every single big game he ever played does not affect his NFL potential. I just can't think of another instance where that has been the case.

Last year aganist NC State & year b4 aganist Cinncinatti a lot of people on here said these opening games are BIG games sets the tone for season. Bray was on all night in these games. but revisionist like to write their own history, think the coaches lost the team as year went on.I truly believe if we would have beat Vandy, Mizzo if the year had not already been tainted and players hasd same mindset as they did NC state game.

Last year aganist NC State & year b4 aganist Cinncinatti a lot of people on here said these opening games are BIG games sets the tone for season. Bray was on all night in these games. but revisionist like to write their own history, think the coaches lost the team as year went on.I truly believe if we would have beat Vandy, Mizzo if the year had not already been tainted and players hasd same mindset as they did NC state game.

+1 right on!

VN Store

Back