To everyone who thinks Bray is an NFL lock ...

IF you were on Georgia's board after the SEC Championship game and after the SC whipping they got....there is ZERO way you would have said this. The ONLY reason they started showing their QB some love was AFTER his Dad was diagnosed with cancer. After the SC game , the player's houses were rolled and egged
SO PLEASE don't come in here and say how bad we are
PLEASE feel free to press that red X on the top of the page if you are so Pizzed, my bet is you will back within a week

Im done........

I am so sick of people riping Fulmer, our past and current player's, there is no other team in the SEC or country that is worse then Tennessee fans...

I go on Bamas,Georgia,Ole Miss,Miss. State, Arky board and they have nothing but love for there players and coaches.

Heck Even USC boards still support there players and team and COACH..

Im done, I cant be apart of a fanbase like this....

Half of our post are riping players and former coaches....

Im done with this site and 90% of pos fans that post on this site

While Peyton Manning didn't beat Florida, he won PLENTY of big games while he was a Vol? Let's see, Peyton's last 3 years starting for UT ... 11-1, 10-2, 11-2. SEC Championship his senior season. I stand corrected. He never won a big game.

That is terrible. Only one home loss during that stretch as well and that game was a then record for passing yards in a game and a one score game.

Watch that goofball playing QB for Mississippi State today and remember that he outplayed Bray head-to-head, along with virtually every other quarterback in the SEC. Playing at the next level is about rising to the occasion, both in training camp and then on Sundays. Yes, Bray put up some great numbers and has a ton of natural ability, but when did he ever rise to the occasion and do something great at UT? Forget the lousy coaching ... when did Tyler Bray strap the team on his back and refuse to lose in a big spot? Maybe I'm wrong and he can simply turn on that intangible attribute at the next level, but I just don't see it.
You must be too young to remember the QBs that outplayed Peyton Manning in head-to head match-ups. The same things that you criticize Bray for can also be said about Manning.

There is not a player that has ever played the game that is perfect or has played at his top level every single game.

I don't get the hate for our players and former players. Bray got some of the worst coaching of any QB in our school history.
It'll be interesting to see how he does with good coaching.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 2 people
I see Bray as Ryan Mallet with less polish. I agree with the assessment that he lacks the intangibles to succeed in the NFL but that doesn't keep me from hoping he proves me wrong and has a long successful career.

I love these threads that are chock full of NFL scouts and psychologists! No wonder so many alumni claim their high school.

Reactions: 1 person
I love these threads that are chock full of NFL scouts and psychologists! No wonder so many alumni claim their high school.

Exactly. What's funny is how many of these idiots who bash the players refuse to say anything negative about coaches. They will defend incompetence in coaching until the end.

I don't think he really cares if he's ready. His agent is heath shuler..oh wait......

Exactly. What's funny is how many of these idiots who bash the players refuse to say anything negative about coaches. They will defend incompetence in coaching until the end.

I think the coaching was lousy, although Chaney was probably the best from an incompetant staff, and I'm not "bashing" Bray. All I'm saying is he is not a lock to have a prosperous NFL career. That's not bashing the him or the numbers he put up ... I simply differ with those who feel once he's released from the dreaded Dooley curse, he will flourish.

That is not nor has it ever been the issue with Bray. When the game is close and the ball is in his hands... he does not perform.

He ripped UGA's very talented D for over 3 qtrs... but then turned the ball over 3 times with a chance to tie or win.

You seem to forget, the only reason we were close in the fourth quarter was because Bray played lights out. When a QB gets blindsided, if he fumbles, I put that on the line not the QB. It doesn't really matter though, for the people who hate Bray, they'll hate him no matter what anyone says. I'm not crazy about Bray, I just never could put the blame on him for our losses when we had the worst defense in the history of UT football. By the logic people use against Bray, I could say Peyton was a choker. He had the ball in his hands against Fla. and he lost the game. It doesn't matter that fla's defense was good and eventually they made a play, it's just a qb choking.

You seem to forget, the only reason we were close in the fourth quarter was because Bray played lights out. When a QB gets blindsided, if he fumbles, I put that on the line not the QB. It doesn't really matter though, for the people who hate Bray, they'll hate him no matter what anyone says. I'm not crazy about Bray, I just never could put the blame on him for our losses when we had the worst defense in the history of UT football. By the logic people use against Bray, I could say Peyton was a choker. He had the ball in his hands against Fla. and he lost the game. It doesn't matter that fla's defense was good and eventually they made a play, it's just a qb choking.

Going 4 and out is one thing, and more acceptable. The defense made a good play, etc. Throwing a pick (or two) and fumbling the ball on 2nd down is not acceptable.

Keep in mind that while the defense was awful, when the chips were down, they got three stops in order to get the ball back into Bray's hands. Talking about the Georgia game, here.

Agreed. I just graduated from Ole Miss, spent quite a good bit of time around Auburn fans as well. Our fans are the worst. Even former players have told me they hated that they went to UT and that sometimes Vandy would be louder then TN's stadium

vandy louder than neyland...wow. no wonder you went to ole piss.

What does it matter if he's ready or not, he's leaving. Move on. Me personally i was a T. Bray fan. He's not expected to be a starter, so let him learn behind a good NFL QB and i expect him to be a above average NFL quarterback when he gets his shot, which he will.
Best of luck to you Tyler Bray.

Bray might not have been the most mature or best leader on our team but when he was on our offense was dangerous. He did seem to always give hundred percent effort but just seemed to loose cool a bit too much. I believe he will turn out to be pretty good after a few years in the NFL. There is no point in being bitter about him leaving might as well wish him the best.

Im done........

I am so sick of people riping Fulmer, our past and current player's, there is no other team in the SEC or country that is worse then Tennessee fans...

I go on Bamas,Georgia,Ole Miss,Miss. State, Arky board and they have nothing but love for there players and coaches.

Heck Even USC boards still support there players and team and COACH..

Im done, I cant be apart of a fanbase like this....

Half of our post are riping players and former coaches....

Im done with this site and 90% of pos fans that post on this site

Have a Good Life!

Can't get over how often I see posts that absolutely MUST badmouth our players and seem to make it a joy to do so over and over. No wonder so many people see UT as infantile hicks who wipe our mouths instead of our azz when we take a dump. Do you people have the slightest idea what constant player and coach hating posts illustrate? Don't know if Vol4life25 is serious about quitting VN but I sure as heck don't blame him.

I warn you who insist on being nitwits that parents among others do see these posts. They will direct their sons elsewhere as a result. The problem is the repetitive threads that preach such hate. You spit in people's faces often enough and you'll get yourself (read our FB program) killed. We're already down and sure as hell can't afford to alienate recruits who could help us back up. You've been warned by myself and others in the past. If you're too stupid to realize how much you're hurting our precious University of Tennessee, Vanderbilt says, "Thank you."

Agreed. I just graduated from Ole Miss, spent quite a good bit of time around Auburn fans as well. Our fans are the worst. Even former players have told me they hated that they went to UT and that sometimes Vandy would be louder then TN's stadium

I've been to Commonwealth 5 times to see the vols and it's never been as loud as neyland. This has to be sarcasm. Had to reread twice just to make sure what u read.

What does it matter if he's ready or not, he's leaving. Move on. Me personally i was a T. Bray fan. He's not expected to be a starter, so let him learn behind a good NFL QB and i expect him to be a above average NFL quarterback when he gets his shot, which he will.
Best of luck to you Tyler Bray.

With all the rookies starting in the playoffs, why come out if you are not a first round pick or potential starter? Seems more like "running" than "coming out early". Don't see him leading a team of grown men when he never led a team full of kids. And that sloppy footwork and bad mechanics will make it tough on him. Good luck son.

As a Tennessee fan, I hope he does well in the NFL if he makes it. I don't understand why people would want him to fail or point out how flawed he may or may not be. I love this university and all that it represents. I hope that those that are posting such negative comments about players/coaches are other school's fans posing as fans just to stir the pot and make us look like a bunch of idiots. If so, great job... if not, how sad.

Are you saying Nashville Vols are louder than Knoxville Vols?

I think the coaching was lousy, although Chaney was probably the best from an incompetant staff, and I'm not "bashing" Bray. All I'm saying is he is not a lock to have a prosperous NFL career. That's not bashing the him or the numbers he put up ... I simply differ with those who feel once he's released from the dreaded Dooley curse, he will flourish.

There are no "locks" going into the NFL. If history has taught us anything it is that.
My problem is all the garbage fans we have who stood up for Dooley and blamed the players, fans, asst coaches, the media etc and are now bashing our players who are going pro. Kids who were never coached by a good staff and suffered through the darkest days in UT football history.
Bray has a ton of talent but was never coached by a coach who knew what the hell he was doing and never had a strong leader. He very well may get that chance in the NFL and I wish him the best and thank him and all the players and apologize to them for having to suffer through those dark days. I also apologize to them for us having the biggest piece if crap chancellor. Good luck to Tyler and all other moving on. Thanks guys, you deserved better.

VN Store

Back