To everyone who thinks Bray is an NFL lock ...

govolzgo

Watch that goofball playing QB for Mississippi State today and remember that he outplayed Bray head-to-head, along with virtually every other quarterback in the SEC. Playing at the next level is about rising to the occasion, both in training camp and then on Sundays. Yes, Bray put up some great numbers and has a ton of natural ability, but when did he ever rise to the occasion and do something great at UT? Forget the lousy coaching ... when did Tyler Bray strap the team on his back and refuse to lose in a big spot? Maybe I'm wrong and he can simply turn on that intangible attribute at the next level, but I just don't see it.

Reactions: 11 people
Watch that goofball playing QB for Mississippi State today and remember that he outplayed Bray head-to-head, along with virtually every other quarterback in the SEC. Playing at the next level is about rising to the occasion, both in training camp and then on Sundays. Yes, Bray put up some great numbers and has a ton of natural ability, but when did he ever rise to the occasion and do something great at UT? Forget the lousy coaching ... when did Tyler Bray strap the team on his back and refuse to lose in a big spot? Maybe I'm wrong and he can simply turn on that intangible attribute at the next level, but I just don't see it.

Are you saying he'll suck in the NFL? If so I agree.

Or are you saying he won't get drafted? If so, well, he'll be drafted.

Reactions: 6 people
Are you saying he'll suck in the NFL? If so I agree.

Or are you saying he won't get drafted? If so, I disagree.

I'm saying the Tyler Bray I've seen play does not have the maturity or the natural leadership it takes to lead an NFL team. He will not make the players around him better, and once adversity hits, he will sink fast. He will definitely be drafted, but I do not think he is a lock to make an NFL roster, and someone will have to be willing to let him sink before he will ever shine.

Reactions: 4 people
Some guys can surprise in the NFL. So idk we will see but I hope he does do well.

Pretty tough to strap the team in your back when you have to score 40-50 points a game just to even have a chance to win since your defense thinks they are playing two hand touch instead of tackle football.

Reactions: 24 people

From what i seen this year. Bray,Hunter, and Patterson are not ready for the NFL. Hunter and Bray have been here for 3 years and they are not ready. Patterson needs one more year for pass routes to get better. NFL defense will eat Bray alive.

Reactions: 3 people
He will make more money in a signing bonus that most will make in 5 years or 10 years of work.. The real question is whether he is like 2/3 of all players and be bankrupted.

Reactions: 2 people
To say he wont make a roster is careless. Plenty of teams would love to have a player with Brays skill set as a backup. I guarantee at least half the offenses coaches in the league believe that they can "fix" him.

Reactions: 1 person
Pretty tough to strap the team in your back when you have to score 40-50 points a game just to even have a chance to win since your defense thinks they are playing two hand touch instead of tackle football.

This. I'm so tired of seeing these morons rip our best players because the defense couldn't stop air. We gave up 41 points to this crappy team. That's not Tyler brays fault. I for one think he will eventually be a pretty good nfl qb and wish him the best

Reactions: 12 people
From what i seen this year. Bray,Hunter, and Patterson are not ready for the NFL. Hunter and Bray have been here for 3 years and they are not ready. Patterson needs one more year for pass routes to get better. NFL defense will eat Bray alive.

Completely agree, although if I were in CP's shoes, I would go. I think Bray and Hunter could do nothing but improve their stock with another year. I think someone will take a chance on CP early in the draft because his upside is so high.

Im done........

I am so sick of people riping Fulmer, our past and current player's, there is no other team in the SEC or country that is worse then Tennessee fans...

I go on Bamas,Georgia,Ole Miss,Miss. State, Arky board and they have nothing but love for there players and coaches.

Heck Even USC boards still support there players and team and COACH..

Im done, I cant be apart of a fanbase like this....

Half of our post are riping players and former coaches....

Im done with this site and 90% of pos fans that post on this site

Reactions: 24 people
This. I'm so tired of seeing these morons rip our best players because the defense couldn't stop air. We gave up 41 points to this crappy team. That's not Tyler brays fault. I for one think he will eventually be a pretty good nfl qb and wish him the best

Then lead the team down the field against South Carolina and win the game. Is it the defense's fault he fumbled the game away? I'm not saying he doesn't have a ton of talent ... he does. But it takes more than talent. It takes a leader. It takes someone with the moral fiber to take the podium after a tough loss and answers questions? Was that the defense's fault too? You say someone who lacks these attributes is ready for the NFL, I say they are not. I think history would back me more than it backs you. List for me a single quarterback in the NFL who lost every single big game he played in college.

Im done........

I am so sick of people riping Fulmer, our past and current player's, there is no other team in the SEC or country that is worse then Tennessee fans...

I go on Bamas,Georgia,Ole Miss,Miss. State, Arky board and they have nothing but love for there players and coaches.

Agreed. I just graduated from Ole Miss, spent quite a good bit of time around Auburn fans as well. Our fans are the worst. Even former players have told me they hated that they went to UT and that sometimes Vandy would be louder then TN's stadium

Leadership in the NFL is over rated. Those guys get paid to do a job, they don't need other players to tell "lead" them. Show up, do your job, and if you don't you won't collect a check for long. Brays personality is better suited for the NFL IMO.

Reactions: 1 person
Im done........

New Years Resolution?

Then lead the team down the field against South Carolina and win the game. Is it the defense's fault he fumbled the game away? I'm not saying he doesn't have a ton of talent ... he does. But it takes more than talent. It takes a leader. It takes someone with the moral fiber to take the podium after a tough loss and answers questions? Was that the defense's fault too? You say someone who lacks these attributes is ready for the NFL, I say they are not. I think history would back me more than it backs you. List for me a single quarterback in the NFL who lost every single big game he played in college.

We gave up over 500 yards to South Carolina and you're going to blame the loss on Tyler bray for being sacked by the best DE college football has seen in a long time.

You just don't get it.

Reactions: 7 people
Bray is as good of a leader as Romo and Sanchez and certainly does not choke any worse, and those two make millions.

Im done........

That's what happens when you have an historically winning program like our's sink to the depths that it has. Hard for people to accept sometimes.

Bray is a douche and will never be anything more than a back up in the NFL...

Play in the NFL for 10 to 15 years... perhaps as a long time backup.. Make 12-15 mil and retire with no health issues. Not a bad life

Leadership in the NFL is over rated. Those guys get paid to do a job, they don't need other players to tell "lead" them. Show up, do your job, and if you don't you won't collect a check for long. Brays personality is better suited for the NFL IMO.

Take away the leadership, and I'll ask you the same question. Name me a single NFL quarterback who lost every single big game they played in college. All I'm saying is he would probably be better suited for the NFL with at least one big win under his belt. I think he has NFL talent, but I don't think he's ready for the NFL right now.

VN Store

Back