To’o To’o, Crouch, Gray and Johnson enter the transfer portal

I did not get to watch the Texas AM game on tv but listened on the radio. Near the end of the game Tim Priest kept talking about how slow TN's defense was compared to AM's offence. TN's defense could not get to the outside fast enough to keep AM's running backs from turning the corner and head upfield.

And the sad part is that our overall team speed has improved over the last couple of years. It was an area of concern when he came in and a focus area in recruiting. But we are no where near elite speed on either side of the ball...and now we’re going to take a step backwards for a few years and start over...

Make no mistake, we’ve suffered through one inept coach after another, but Jeremy Pruitt will prove to be the biggest disaster by far. If we thought the rebuild was tough after the previous dunces, we haven’t seen anything yet. Pruitt has all but buried this program.
Imagine that..someone from Alabama ruins our program. This was the sequel to the other Bama hire, Dave Hart. He was all about ruining the program by continuing to give the carpetbagging yankee band geek, contract extensions and raises. They were both loving opportunity to screw UT because the leaders didn't care and were not watching. At one point there was a gator president, a gator chancellor and a bama AD. Hmmm...that is how UT got to where it is now. Much bigger things going on then.

Schiano has a career record of 71-73. He was not going to be our savior. He was better than Pruitt but not by much. So spare me this Monday morning quarterback moaning.

Do some digging into the numbers, dude. Nick Saban was 17-14-1 at Michigan State in the first 4 of his 5 seasons. Didn't make him a mediocre coach. He went 6-2 in his fifth.

Rutgers is like Vandy, you're going to have to win with less talent, fewer dollars and fan support, and lousier facilities than the competition. Schiano went 3-20 in his first two seasons as a first-time head coach. He went 9-16 his next two seasons and then 56-33 his last seven. Again, at Rutgers. Had a squad that finished in the top 25 (at Rutgers), went 5-1 in Bowl games, and was thought highly enough that he was hired as an NFL head coach.

He went 3-6 this past season, taking over a team that went 0-9 in the Big 10 the year before with players he didn't recruit for his system, recruiting classes ranked in the 60's, new staff, and in a Covid year w/reduced practices. In those losses were OT against Michigan, two others by just 3 points. He also put 27 on Ohio State, more than we put on Arkansas and Kentucky combined. If you think that's not a great coaching job despite a losing record, would hate to hear your thoughts on the 1-4 conference record that Saban had his first year at 'Bama.

Nobody knows how Schiano would have done, could have been worse than Dooley, Butch, and Pruitt combined or could have won us a Natty. We'll never know. But his resume was excellent and Tennessee fans were idiots for sabotaging the hire.

Last edited:
Do some digging into the numbers, dude. Nick Saban was 17-14-1 at Michigan State in the first 4 of his 5 seasons. Didn't make him a mediocre coach. He went 6-2 in his fifth.

Rutgers is like Vandy, you're going to have to win with less talent, fewer dollars and fan support, and lousier facilities than the competition. Schiano went 3-20 in his first two seasons as a first-time head coach. He went 9-16 his next two seasons and then 56-33 his last seven. Again, at Rutgers. Had a squad that finished in the top 25 (at Rutgers), went 5-1 in Bowl games, and was thought highly enough that he was hired as an NFL head coach.

He went 3-6 this past season, taking over a team that went 0-9 in the Big 10 the year before with players he didn't recruit for his system, recruiting classes ranked in the 60's, new staff, and in a Covid year w/reduced practices. In those losses were OT against Michigan, two others by just 3 points. He also put 27 on Ohio State, more than we put on Arkansas and Kentucky combined. If you think that's not a great coaching job despite a losing record, would hate to hear your thoughts on the 1-4 record

Nobody knows how Schiano would have done, could have been worse than Dooley, Butch, and Pruitt combined or could have won us a Natty. We'll never know. But his resume was excellent and Tennessee fans were idiots for sabotaging the hire.
Schiano was a dud in the NFL and completely lost his team in two years. He intentionally tried to hurt Qb’s at end of games when they lined up in Victory formations. He’s a punk. The fans were right for sabotaging that hire here even if the Penn State issues with Schiano were not legit.

And the hits just keep coming, We will be lucky if we have 50 scholarship athletes left. More like 40............... Thank you administration. I'm all for playing by the rules but as the BIG PROGRAMS do Make The Prove It!!!!!!!!!!!

Pruitt paid them to come here in the first place. The spigot just got shut off. They’re likely looking for a new sugar-daddy that can keep the $$$ flowing ‘cause it sure as hell ain’t gonna be The Big Orange ( at least not for a while). That said, before we get all weepy-eyed let’s remember these players led us to a 3-7 season with some of the worst blowouts in Tennessee history. I wish them well and I’m thinking a fresh start is appropriate.

This situation reminds me of those preseason football articles where the reporter writes that the good news, for a certain team’s outlook, has 19 of 22 starters returning, but the bad news is they only won three games last season.

Reactions: vol1981
Schiano was a dud in the NFL and completely lost his team in two years.

He was, went 11-21. I wouldn't hire him as an NFL Head Coach.

So what?
  • Nick Saban: 15-17
  • Steve Spurrier: 12-20
  • Butch Davis: 24-35
  • Lou Holtz: 3-10
  • Dennis Erickson: 31-33
  • Chip Kelly: 28-35
  • Lane Kiffin: 5-15
  • Bobby Petrino: 3-10
  • Pete Carrol: 33-31 (First two attempts only, Jets & Patriots)
That's a combined 42% winning average in the NFL among guys who have 11 National Championships and 16 appearances in National Championship games as a Head Coach.

Last edited:
F all of them, this team sucked a$$ last year. If our administration doesn't screw up this new coaching hire and get us a Good coach, we won't miss these players. What happens when it comes out that these players were receiving money, doesn't matter where you transfer to, your playing days are over. Give us a coach and I promise we'll be better than 3-8. I am holding my my breath on that coaching hire by the way

Not all of them will find spots on other teams. Several will stay once the new coach and staff are named and to the ones that do leave, good luck.

This situation reminds me of those preseason football articles where the reporter writes that the good news, for a certain team’s outlook, has 19 of 22 starters returning, but the bad news is they only won three games last season.
The following is not exactly the same but similar: "Team X beats Team Y for the first time in 50 years."
Then you find out the 2 teams have only played 3 times during that time span.

Every program cheats if he was 500 or better probably wouldn’t even have been an investigation... cheap administration wanted a way out without paying and now the football program is gonna pay... shoulda fired him after the A&M game let if we was gonna fire him.
Ky game

Good luck to these players that entered the portal and Gray is the biggest loss of these players.

Henry T was no Andy Spiva or Jack Reynolds.

Tennessee football let all of these players down (as well as the fanbase). This University should be ashamed.

Reactions: OrangeTsar
Good luck to these players that entered the portal and Gray is the biggest loss of these players.

Henry T was no Andy Spiva or Jack Reynolds.
But the ceiling for Henry T was sooooo high. He has barely tapped his potential. Sad that we will not get to see that happen in Knoxville. Another possible first rounder that UT will have allowed to wither on the vine.

Reactions: eroller1141@gmail
Don’t they have to sit out a year?
Depends on the NCAA. They were supposed to consider a one time transfer with no sitting out, but the last I heard was that they'd considered tabling it. Not certain my understanding is current tho so take it with a grain of salt.

Just heard on Sec Radio that Henry T is being recruited by Florida and Bama. Said Florida is recruiting pretty hard. This gets worse and worse.

VN Store

Back