To’o To’o, Crouch, Gray and Johnson enter the transfer portal

dumpster-fire-gif-4.gif

OK, hold on a minute. Please tell me you’re not implying that if they find hard evidence that any of our players took improper benefits that they will be eligible to play college football next season. I have read some very misguided things on this board, but that may be one of the most out of touch comments that I think I’ve ever read. I assure you that if they find hard evidence of improper benefits that transferring to another school, especially within the SEC, will not exempt them from ncaa rules. We’re not talking about red tape here. We’re talking about SERIOUS violations. When some of this stuff comes out you’re going to be blown away.

Well congrats on being misguided enough on your own part to misread. Kudos. The way investigations typically work is somewhat like a ripple when a rock hits the water. You start with key people then move out.

Do some digging into the numbers, dude. Nick Saban was 17-14-1 at Michigan State in the first 4 of his 5 seasons. Didn't make him a mediocre coach. He went 6-2 in his fifth.

Rutgers is like Vandy, you're going to have to win with less talent, fewer dollars and fan support, and lousier facilities than the competition. Schiano went 3-20 in his first two seasons as a first-time head coach. He went 9-16 his next two seasons and then 56-33 his last seven. Again, at Rutgers. Had a squad that finished in the top 25 (at Rutgers), went 5-1 in Bowl games, and was thought highly enough that he was hired as an NFL head coach.

He went 3-6 this past season, taking over a team that went 0-9 in the Big 10 the year before with players he didn't recruit for his system, recruiting classes ranked in the 60's, new staff, and in a Covid year w/reduced practices. In those losses were OT against Michigan, two others by just 3 points. He also put 27 on Ohio State, more than we put on Arkansas and Kentucky combined. If you think that's not a great coaching job despite a losing record, would hate to hear your thoughts on the 1-4 conference record that Saban had his first year at 'Bama.

Nobody knows how Schiano would have done, could have been worse than Dooley, Butch, and Pruitt combined or could have won us a Natty. We'll never know. But his resume was excellent and Tennessee fans were idiots for sabotaging the hire.

In Michael Silver’s October 24, 2013 article entitled “Greg Schiano loses Tampa Bay Buccaneers with autocratic style” one player is quoted as saying they felt like they were in Cuba. Other players stated that the environment was bleak and that Schiano was tone deaf.

If Schiano is such a great coach why is it that Rutgers is the only university that sought his services?

Digging into the numbers for Rutgers 2020 season you find that the teams they beat combined for 6 wins. Michigan who beat them only beat 1 other team also. 18 of the vaunted 27 points against Ohio State came in the 4th quarter after being down 42-9 at the end of the 3rd. He lost to 2 win Illinois by 3. The only other ranked team he played was Indiana and he lost by 16.

F him, let them have his money grabbing a$$. I would definitely hold him or his dad accountable for the money and see if he ever plays another down of college football

With this AD hire, those who popped smoke and bailed on UT Football may end up regretting the move.

But in any event, now we know who's here to play. And win.

Go Vols.

With this AD hire, those who popped smoke and bailed on UT Football may end up regretting the move.

But in any event, now we know who's here to play. And win.

Go Vols.

Depends on the coach he hires, I suppose. Given his background and performance, White's going to make a top-notch HC hire. I can feel it.

Make no mistake, we’ve suffered through one inept coach after another, but Jeremy Pruitt will prove to be the biggest disaster by far. If we thought the rebuild was tough after the previous dunces, we haven’t seen anything yet. Pruitt has all but buried this program.
Yes! but thanks to Phil Fulmer, fired as head coach for his terrible offensive coordinator hire and now... surprise!!! Phil has been forced to step down for the train wreck hire he made with Jeremy Pruitt.

If these guys transfer they’ll have to sit out a season and then fight for a job. At the very least they should wait until a new coach is named and meet with them. If they don’t believe to be a fit schematically...then and only then should they transfer. It’s like they’re mad at the university so “I’ll just cut off my nose to show my face who’s boss”. Makes no sense. We’re likely to have a coach in the next 2 weeks. What’s the hurry?

Well congrats on being misguided enough on your own part to misread. Kudos. The way investigations typically work is somewhat like a ripple when a rock hits the water. You start with key people then move out.
Correct. If you don’t even know who the key people are yet, you might wanna hold off on to you think is misguided.

Reactions: Border Vol
That transfer portal goes 2 ways. The right coach can get a few players from the portal as well. I'm not writing off the season until the cheerleaders are all big girls from the choir.
+100 with the virus eligibility waiver and portal options, those that leave can be replaced and there is opportunity for a surprisingly quick recovery to at least restore respectability!

Not if I know who the people are...no misguided here, it'll come out in the wash a few months from now.
That’s the problem. You don’t know what you think you know. Just because you know who got fired doesn’t mean you know the entire situation. You won’t have to wait months, about a week and a half and you’ll start realizing that’s some of these players will never play again, anywhere.

Reactions: beachvol23
That’s the problem. You don’t know what you think you know. Just because you know who got fired doesn’t mean you know the entire situation. You won’t have to wait months, about a week and a half and you’ll start realizing that’s some of these players will never play again, anywhere.
You are cute. Such an internet bad boy. I only post if I know stuff, and occasionally rant on basketball. Take it however you want. It won't be weeks for players. Sorry.

VN Store

Back