TN WR Shamar Porter (Kensucky transfer)

You need to read again. If you went back and included 200 former fl kids in the NFL you would be including 50 TN kids. The point I'm making is that Tennessee DOES produce quality players.
Still not following your point. Trying... just not seeing it.

I am not arguing that TN does not produce quality players. I would submit that FL produces significantly more both in raw numbers and ratios. The main reason is competition. They play better HS football in FL, TX, GA, and a few other states than the rest of the country. Population density is a factor but so is the way states organize HS athletics and HS districts.

I grew up in NC. Years ago the state forced consolidation. I believe the top limit for 1A in NC is about 600 now. MO didn't do that. My oldest son graduated in a class of 21. There were 2 other schools within 15 miles about the same size. Another could have been brought in with a centralized school. None are big enough to support football... and there are a lot of small schools like this in the state. The "larger" schools aren't very big either. The competition isn't great... so they don't produce a ton of great players. Virtually all of the good players will come from STL, the KC suburbs, or Columbia.

Still not following your point. Trying... just not seeing it.

I am not arguing that TN does not produce quality players. I would submit that FL produces significantly more both in raw numbers and ratios. The main reason is competition. They play better HS football in FL, TX, GA, and a few other states than the rest of the country. Population density is a factor but so is the way states organize HS athletics and HS districts.

I grew up in NC. Years ago the state forced consolidation. I believe the top limit for 1A in NC is about 600 now. MO didn't do that. My oldest son graduated in a class of 21. There were 2 other schools within 15 miles about the same size. Another could have been brought in with a centralized school. None are big enough to support football... and there are a lot of small schools like this in the state. The "larger" schools aren't very big either. The competition isn't great... so they don't produce a ton of great players. Virtually all of the good players will come from STL, the KC suburbs, or Columbia.
MY only point to those who insist a 5* in Tennessee would only be a 3* in Fl or Ga is that is not true, There are some quality football players in Tn high schools. I am fully aware Fl and Ga produce more good players, along with Texas and California. But to say Tennessee top 10 are not players we could use is something I can't agree with.

MY only point to those who insist a 5* in Tennessee would only be a 3* in Fl or Ga is that is not true, There are some quality football players in Tn high schools. I am fully aware Fl and Ga produce more good players, along with Texas and California. But to say Tennessee top 10 are not players we could use is something I can't agree with.
I don't know where you would find the info but a review of how well 5* from respective states performed would be interesting. Maybe @LWSVOL has that info?

To answer your assertion, I just don't know. Do you have direct proof of your claim?

Reactions: LoudOrange
There is 200 Florida raised players playing right now in NFL

NFL players from Florida
DUH, I posted that very thing. There is fifty from Tennessee
I don't know where you would find the info but a review of how well 5* from respective states performed would be interesting. Maybe @LWSVOL has that info?

To answer your assertion, I just don't know. Do you have direct proof of your claim?
What claim?? That Tennessee top ten would be good pickups for UT? Tee Higgins starts for the Bengals, is that good enough?

What claim?? That Tennessee top ten would be good pickups for UT? Tee Higgins starts for the Bengals, is that good enough?
Actually no. That's an anecdote. The question as I understand it is how would 4/5* players from TN overall compare if they played in FL. I don't know the answer. I don't claim to know the answer. You and those arguing with you claim to know the answer. I would like to know how either of you actually came to that conclusion. Do you really presume the recruiting sites are that accurate? They aren't.

I have offered that FL and a few other states play better HS football. If you disagree with that notion, I'll try find more concrete proof supporting that idea though it is pretty widely accepted.

Actually no. That's an anecdote. The question as I understand it is how would 4/5* players from TN overall compare if they played in FL. I don't know the answer. I don't claim to know the answer. You and those arguing with you claim to know the answer. I would like to know how either of you actually came to that conclusion. Do you really presume the recruiting sites are that accurate? They aren't.

I have offered that FL and a few other states play better HS football. If you disagree with that notion, I'll try find more concrete proof supporting that idea though it is pretty widely accepted.
BS you only want to argue, so you believe T Higgins would be a 3* in florida? That is no "proof" to you? OKee Dokee

Reactions: pimo1
BS you only want to argue, so you believe T Higgins would be a 3* in florida? That is no "proof" to you? OKee Dokee
Of course you had to construct a very obvious straw man because you don't want to admit you can't prove your point. I didn't say T Higgins would be one thing or another if he had played in FL.

No. Anecdotes are not proof. Chris Donald would not have been a 5* had he played in FL. By your method, that disproves your argument. Except that neither Donald nor Higgins by themselves prove your point or that of those you're arguing with.

If you want to believe something then that's fine. But if you want to declare something "true"... you need to have some proof. You don't.

LOL where is your proof I'm wrong?? So 1 is an ancedote? top of my head Jack Reynolds, Willie Gault,Jason Witten,Stanley Morgan. There is so many others. Other than giving examples of football players from Tennessee that are just as good as players from Florida I'm not sure the is a way to prove my point. Whats a fact is you going full length to prove you are a horses arse.
Reynolds, Gault and Morgan did not go to Tennessee High Schools.

Reactions: Pacer92 and sjt18
I haven’t followed this convo but are you saying there is no difference between players from different states?
NO I have never said that, I am saying a very good player from Tennessee, a Jason Witten clone maybe, would be a very good player in Georgia/Florida/Alabama

NO I have never said that, I am saying a very good player from Tennessee, a Jason Witten clone maybe, would be a very good player in Georgia/Florida/Alabama

Sorry but that’s highly doubtful. Unless you are talking about the absolute lowest classification of HS football in those states. I mean take Jalen Hurd a 5* RB out of TN. You think he puts up the crazy numbers he did if he played in Texas? Georgia or Florida? No way.

Reactions: #1GatorHater
Sorry but that’s highly doubtful. Unless you are talking about the absolute lowest classification of HS football in those states. I mean take Jalen Hurd a 5* RB out of TN. You think he puts up the crazy numbers he did if he played in Texas? Georgia or Florida? No way.
OK lets take Jalen Hurd, are you saying he would not be a Division 1 caliber player if he was from Ga? Or that he would not have seen the field if he was from Texas. Are you positive he would not have been a top running back in Florida?

He put up great numbers in the SEC.
They are more difficult than the High school ball in GA....

One note we picked up this week is that Ensworth wideout and Kentucky commitment Shamar Porter may be open to looking around some. With the change at offensive coordinator in Lexington and some other things, Porter may be giving some schools another look. It would be interesting to see if Tennessee tried to get him to come up next weekend or if they may look to get him to come for a practice once spring practice begins.
-Vq

Which one of you is rockytopology on Twitter and why did you tweet Shamar was coming to UT on March 5th? I don’t see that reported anywhere else.

Which one of you is rockytopology on Twitter and why did you tweet Shamar was coming to UT on March 5th? I don’t see that reported anywhere else.
He's not on here. He had someone tell him all the names listed in the War Room and then he listed everyone mentioned in the War Room, whether it said they were visiting or not...

He put up great numbers in the SEC.
They are more difficult than the High school ball in GA....

1285 and 12 TDs aren’t great SEC numbers. Good? Sure. Great? No. Again you are deflecting. We are talking about HS. Watching Hurds HUDL saw him steam rolling TN HA defenders. Do you honestly think he would have been anywhere near that dominant in high level UGA,TX or Florida HS? Come on man. Be real.

1285 and 12 TDs aren’t great SEC numbers. Good? Sure. Great? No. Again you are deflecting. We are talking about HS. Watching Hurds HUDL saw him steam rolling TN HA defenders. Do you honestly think he would have been anywhere near that dominant in high level UGA,TX or Florida HS? Come on man. Be real.
Yep. You’re right.
Hurd would have been a two star if he lived in those states…….
Actually, probably not even rated because he would have never made the team. smh….

Yes I do believe he would have. I'm very real, now how do you prove me wrong?

Reactions: ACvol3 and peaygolf

VN Store

Back