TN WR Shamar Porter (Kensucky transfer)

This is almost becoming laughable at this point. I never thought I'd see the day. Seriously.

Kentucky has learned to play a weak out of conference record to help their record and benefited from scheduling that has caught programs in their bad years as evidenced by us still beating them down most years.

But here we are taking some of Tennessee's best talent over the Vols.

I see no obvious signs of recruiting momentum.
that's the scary part. we keep coming up with excuses, but it's all perception.

Agreed but people need to quit worrying over 2 and 3 star even 4 star kids from Tennessee going to KY or crying about the little training company D1 or whatever it's called that nobody nationally has even heard of sending kids elsewhere instead of Tenn. Personally i could care less if all Tennessee kids go to KY or Stanford or whoever as long as Vols are getting their share of GA/FL and LA/MS/VA.NC/SC kids every year from these states with better talent and they play better competition too.

CJH knows this too reason why you see so many offers lately to kids in GA and FL. He is hitting these states hard like he should. Vols in the past were dominate when we were getting the top kids out of GA and VA, SC and NC every year with some FL, LA, MS, AL sprinkled in and a couple from Tenn.

I'm not saying Porter is anything special, or a huge loss.........I've seen him play vs BA and MBA...... and he did not stand out as anything exceptional.

Tennessee doesn't have as many talented players, but the really good ones are just as good as the really good ones from other states........ Just doesn't have the numbers.

lol there are thousands of Jason Whitten every year in Florida and Georgia. IMG basically has a whole roster of 4 and 5 stars at every position and 2 and 3 deep. Basically Bama or GA but HS football. Tennessee has some talent but not even close to Fl or GA HS talent. It's another level. Maybe one day.
Thousands of Jason Whittens ? You need help. IMG has 66 4-5☆s? When you lie you lose any credibility

Look at top 100 kids from Florida for 2022 and where they have signed to use as an example. Now go look at Tennessee HS kids on 247. They don't even have a top 100 barely a top 20. Fl can go 200-250 deep just from state of Florida only.

FL TOP 100
You are kind of funny or just not very smart. Please explain how florida can have 250 top 100 kids.

Reactions: HalfullVol
You are kind of funny or just not very smart. Please explain how florida can have 250 top 100 kids.

Take a time out on insulting other peoples intelligence. You couldn’t even correctly spell the name of the player from 20 years ago,that you were using to make your so called “point “. It’s Witten.

Ahhh, yes.

We suck cause we’re not landing the best players in Tennessee narrative.

What are we going to do!!!?

Our best recruit so far is out of Kirby’s own backyard whose coming off a National Championship but you jokers keep worrying about iNsTate kIDs.

Ahhh, yes.

Our best recruit so far is out of Kirby’s own backyard whose coming off a National Championship but you jokers keep worrying about iNsTate kIDs.
Jokers? well self righteous VFJ, Nichols was a good pickup no doubt, but better than Nolen,Simpson?

Ahhh, yes.

5 out of the top 30 for Huepels first class 🙌🏼🙌🏼

Already have a high 4 star from Georgia committed for next years class…

Reactions: HalfullVol
Jokers? well self righteous VFJ, Nichols was a good pickup no doubt, but better than Nolen,Simpson?
I think you need to take a time machine to a year ago and see how much of a $hitshow our program was… obviously Nichols isn’t as highly touted as those two but we had a great class this year (especially in Georgia).

Reactions: CeJayVols

I would take Webb, Nichols, Tyre and Williams over Simpson, Nolen, James and the Wade twins. That’s not even including Josephs. The fate of this program will be determined by the kids we get from Georgia and NC. Once we start getting those kids the Witten and Cliftons will fall into place.

There may be up to a handful of in state receivers that UT likes better than him. Give me Justin Brown, Hyatt, and Tate for next year's receivers class!
Nate Spillman and Max Carroll to name two that actually "stand out" on the field when they play.

Reactions: volfaninpa
I would take Webb, Nichols, Tyre and Williams over Simpson, Nolen, James and the Wade twins. That’s not even including Josephs. The fate of this program will be determined by the kids we get from Georgia and NC. Once we start getting those kids the Witten and Cliftons will fall into place.
North Carolina? Not much different than Tenn. JMO

Maybe. I’m not sure how the ratings line up year after year. It just seems like the kids from the Charlotte area bust out a lot less frequently than the Nashville/Memphis kids. im pretty sure there are at least 2-3 schools in that area that would beat any team in Tennessee but again that could just be my perception.

Well, from a population aspect alone there is a huge difference so...

NC 2021 population 10.7MM

TN 2021 population 7MM

almost 50% greater population, therefore meaning a greater # of athletes - all things being equal

Why are we worried about a WR when we have 4 coming in this current class? This class will be fine.

Backlash isn’t about the specific player at this point or if we even wanted him… it’s more about the behind the scenes garbage going on with an organization openly feeding and pushing players to Ky. Nobody would care if he went anywhere else

I think you need to take a time machine to a year ago and see how much of a $hitshow our program was… obviously Nichols isn’t as highly touted as those two but we had a great class this year (especially in Georgia).[/QU

Why would I need to do that? When or where did I complain about this years class. I simply and correctly mentioned the names of some players that more highly rated than ones we signed.
What is it about Tennessee kids some of you hate so much? 50 lbs in Tennessee still only weighs 50 lbs in Georgia.

Why are we worried about a WR when we have 4 coming in this current class? This class will be fine.
The only ones acting "worried" are the 'holy sh!t we're all gonna die" crowd that get their rocks off preaching how bad we suck and how UK is taking all the "top talent" from Tennessee...

If you guys are worried about offense and recruits we lose, then you didn’t pay much attention to the offense Heupel fielded this year with Pruitt’s guys. It will only get better. I got 99 things to worry about, but Heupel’s offense and the players in that offense aren’t one of them.

VN Store

Back