TN WR Shamar Porter (Kensucky transfer)

Nothing to see here. Just another highly ranked Tennessee kid heading to Kentucky

Can't you save your whining until we see who UT signs in the '23 class?

For my part... I'd like to see the best TN players sign with UT. But if you give me the choice of getting 6 or 8 of the top 30 from GA or getting 6 of the eight to twelve 4/5* players in TN then that's not a hard choice. And if it is between this kid and Devin Hyatt... that's not hard either.

This will change over time if Heupel keeps putting a good product on the field and keeps having positive vibes on culture.

PS- rankings change as you know. Unless a top school tries to take this kid away from UK, he'll drop.

Jason Whitten says hello
Yeah cause there’s just an abundance of Jason Witten’s pooping out of Northeast TN every year. There isn’t a lot of elite football talent in Northeast TN it is what it is. We may have one very now and then but other than that, generally and overall there isn’t much in the tri-cities area.

Reactions: CeJayVols
Jason Whitten says hello

lol there are thousands of Jason Whitten every year in Florida and Georgia. IMG basically has a whole roster of 4 and 5 stars at every position and 2 and 3 deep. Basically Bama or GA but HS football. Tennessee has some talent but not even close to Fl or GA HS talent. It's another level. Maybe one day.

Look at top 100 kids from Florida for 2022 and where they have signed to use as an example. Now go look at Tennessee HS kids on 247. They don't even have a top 100 barely a top 20. Fl can go 200-250 deep just from state of Florida only.

FL TOP 100

Look at top 100 kids from Florida for 2022 and where they have signed to use as an example. Now go look at Tennessee HS kids on 247. They don't even have a top 100 barely a top 20. Fl can go 200-250 deep just from state of Florida only.

FL TOP 100
We all know……there are also many more people in Fla.

We all know……there are also many more people in Fla.

Agreed but people need to quit worrying over 2 and 3 star even 4 star kids from Tennessee going to KY or crying about the little training company D1 or whatever it's called that nobody nationally has even heard of sending kids elsewhere instead of Tenn. Personally i could care less if all Tennessee kids go to KY or Stanford or whoever as long as Vols are getting their share of GA/FL and LA/MS/VA.NC/SC kids every year from these states with better talent and they play better competition too.

CJH knows this too reason why you see so many offers lately to kids in GA and FL. He is hitting these states hard like he should. Vols in the past were dominate when we were getting the top kids out of GA and VA, SC and NC every year with some FL, LA, MS, AL sprinkled in and a couple from Tenn.

Nothing to see here. Just another highly ranked Tennessee kid heading to Kentucky

This is almost becoming laughable at this point. I never thought I'd see the day. Seriously.

Kentucky has learned to play a weak out of conference schedule to help their record and benefited from scheduling that has caught programs in their bad years as evidenced by us still beating them down most years.

But here we are, they are taking some of Tennessee's best talent over the Vols.

I see no obvious signs of recruiting momentum.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChiTownVol

VN Store

Back