'21 TN WR Quenton Barnes

The instate justice warriors fighting for the honor of all homegrown Tennessee kids keep going to bat for guys that our coaching staff doesn’t deem worthy of a scholarship.

It’s not about instate at all. UT wanted Q but he wants to be a Gator as that was his dream school. Again know the facts. I talk to Tee and Chaney on a regular. I know who they want and don’t and I also come here and say it. I don’t care if it is a NPA kid or who trains the kid. This is a known fact. Never said Amari was a world beater but prior to the injury his projection was nothing but up. If he and Tee wanted they were immediate takes. They both said NO. As far as where a kid is drafter I don’t care about all of that. I care about getting drafted period. All you need is the opportunity and the rest is history.

Curry, Mitchell, and Barnes are good WR’s but not studs. TN is done at WR unless its a cant miss prospect like Colzie. They wanted Wolfe not Briningstool. Sutton told people he didnt want the grind of the SEC. They like Turentine but he wasnt a high priority. The 2 instate kids they missed and really wanted were Colson and Pennington. Guardians won that one for Colson so cant fault TN for that

They wanted Jake but Jake was enamored by the big Clemson brand. Pennington is the one I get mixed feelings on from conversations with staff. So I reserve comment on that one.

Reactions: norrislakevol
The thing you're forgetting is his best yr might cm this yr because he was playing last yr and pushing himself to come back from an ACL injury. The comeback is usually 18- 24 months. Also @cncchris33 you can't compare a guy at Wisconsin/FSU to a guy at Clemson on a roster full of 5* guys. Just isn't fair due to the injury and systems. You also mentioned a key element about FSU being garbage and most of the time they were losing and were chunking it around the yard because they were losing. Clemson doesn't have to do that. They can go into Etienne mode 3rd qtr to end the day or if its bad enough they can bring in the back ups.

Giving to much credit here to Clemson.the ACC is weak and they almost lost to UNC last year. Clemson is good but not that good and they are very beatable during the season...Dabo looks good in bowl prep because he has months to prepare for any team and any good coach with that amount of time can perform well.Same thing can be said about Saban that’s just way to long and it makes them hard to beat.

Reactions: Kristy*
They wanted Jake but Jake was enamored by the big Clemson brand. Pennington is the one I get mixed feelings on from conversations with staff. So I reserve comment on that one.

Austin Price said Pennington would by far be the hardest TN kid to get. He didnt go into details on why

Giving to much credit here to Clemson.the ACC is weak and they almost lost to UNC last year. Clemson is good but not that good and they are very beatable during the season...Dabo looks good in bowl prep because he has months to prepare for any team and any good coach with that amount of time can perform well.Same thing can be said about Saban that’s just way to long and it makes them hard to beat.

Clemson is Clemson and they win ACC is the ACC weak but they have also won NCs. Almost doesn’t count when it comes to Ws and Ls. Remember the 97-98 Arkansas game, should’ve lost but we didn’t and won the NC. When you do it consistently there is no negative connotation to bring up. All we can do is respect it.

Clemson is Clemson and they win ACC is the ACC weak but they have also won NCs. Almost doesn’t count when it comes to Ws and Ls. Remember the 97-98 Arkansas game, should’ve lost but we didn’t and won the NC. When you do it consistently there is no negative connotation to bring up. All we can do is respect it.

They have talent no doubt but I’m just saying if you give a good coach time they can do anything but a bad loss can ruin a season easily and Dabo in my opinion is average during the season and does good because the ACC is weak..

Reactions: TitanicVolz
It’s not about instate at all. UT wanted Q but he wants to be a Gator as that was his dream school. Again know the facts. I talk to Tee and Chaney on a regular. I know who they want and don’t and I also come here and say it. I don’t care if it is a NPA kid or who trains the kid. This is a known fact. Never said Amari was a world beater but prior to the injury his projection was nothing but up. If he and Tee wanted they were immediate takes. They both said NO. As far as where a kid is drafter I don’t care about all of that. I care about getting drafted period. All you need is the opportunity and the rest is history.
We are merging multiple conversations here, so I'll stick to the Amari topic.

1.Just like you never said Amari was a world beater, I never said he was slaw, either.

2. No doubt that Tee and Amari would have been welcomed with open arms. Never said otherwise.

3. Saying it doesn't matter where a kid gets drafted feels an awful like further tailoring the narrative. Where a kid is drafted is entirely reflective of where the people who get paid to evaluate them believe their respective talent lies. It is entirely reflective of where the NFL believes the most talented kids exist.

Again, the challenge was presented to find a Georgia 3* who was better than Amari Rodgers, a Tennessee 4*. I quickly named two of them, one of which isn't really even debatable. The numbers play that out, the draft will play that out, but you continually dismiss the evidence that proves the point by saying you don't care about those things. So, it's apparent that I can't provide logical evidence to sway you without it just being tossed aside. We can just agree to disagree if that's the case.

We are merging multiple conversations here, so I'll stick to the Amari topic.

1.Just like you never said Amari was a world beater, I never said he was slaw, either.

2. No doubt that Tee and Amari would have been welcomed with open arms. Never said otherwise.

3. Saying it doesn't matter where a kid gets drafted feels an awful like further tailoring the narrative. Where a kid is drafted is entirely reflective of where the people who get paid to evaluate them believe their respective talent lies. It is entirely reflective of where the NFL believes the most talented kids exist.

Again, the challenge was presented to find a Georgia 3* who was better than Amari Rodgers, a Tennessee 4*. I quickly named two of them, one of which isn't really even debatable. The numbers play that out, the draft will play that out, but you continually dismiss the evidence that proves the point by saying you don't care about those things. So, it's apparent that I can't provide logical evidence to sway you without it just being tossed aside. We can just agree to disagree if that's the case.

You got 1/2 the challenge, and how many ga 3*s are better? not many, or put another way the same percentage of Tn 3*s better than a given ga 4*

What about t higgens
Higgins was a legit 5* player. Few in the country, let alone Georgia, were better than him. No one would argue otherwise.

That said, he and the aforementioned Tamorrion Terry are pacing on a similar path in their careers, to this point. Terry may never be markedly "better" than Higgins, but a year from now, they may be names mentioned in the same conversation. Higgins is the better hands catcher while Terry has more speed.

Higgins was a legit 5* player. Few in the country, let alone Georgia, were better than him. No one would argue otherwise.

That said, he and the aforementioned Tamorrion Terry are pacing on a similar path in their careers, to this point. Terry may never be markedly "better" than Higgins, but a year from now, they may be names mentioned in the same conversation. Higgins is the better hands catcher while Terry has more speed.

Glad to see you acknowledge that, however you and newt have argued that very thing, my point is and will be two kids of similar ability and potential, I'll take a Tennessee Kid every time. And I think it is wrong to extend an offer then not accept the commitment.

Glad to see you acknowledge that, however you and newt have argued that very thing, my point is and will be two kids of similar ability and potential, I'll take a Tennessee Kid every time. And I think it is wrong to extend an offer then not accept the commitment.
I’ve argued what very thing? You are creating arguments where none exist. I never talked down Tee Higgins. Never mentioned him before you asked me too.

I took exception with the Amari Rodgers comparison. And I backed it up with facts.

And every school offers more kids than they can take commitments from. Don’t be so naive. You can hate Tennessee for it, but there are 120 other D1 programs you have to hate for it, too. It isn’t new.

and you would get fired for having an inferior team.

and you would get fired for having an inferior team.

Why would it be an inferior team? Your better competition pure B.S. or if it is true, by extension Vandy has players far superior to say clemson, since vandy plays in the SEC while clemson plays in the ACC

Everybody offers several hundred kids. There is literally no way to accept that many. And considering how the kids treat commitments it's not difficult to expect the coaches to do the same.

Why would it be an inferior team? Your better competition pure B.S. or if it is true, by extension Vandy has players far superior to say clemson, since vandy plays in the SEC while clemson plays in the ACC

Why? Because you would only recruit inside the state, tater head. You would make us Vandy.

Reactions: hooter vol

VN Store

Back