'21 TN WR Quenton Barnes

I've known this kid and his family for since he was 5 years old. He's one of best athlete in the State, he's being recruited at WR but this kid is a punishing tackler. I hope he gets to show what he can do on Defense this year at Cane Ridge. He's been a starter since the first day in walked into Cane Ridge at WR on a team that has lost only 3 games in 2 years. IMO Cane Ridge don't have good coaching but they have some of the best players in the State. Be on the lookout for more 2021 players from CR Lusk, Good, Huey and Beard they are loaded!!

I've known this kid and his family for since he was 5 years old. He's one of best athlete in the State, he's being recruited at WR but this kid is a punishing tackler. I hope he gets to show what he can do on Defense this year at Cane Ridge. He's been a starter since the first day in walked into Cane Ridge at WR on a team that has lost only 3 games in 2 years. IMO Cane Ridge don't have good coaching but they have some of the best players in the State. Be on the lookout for more 2021 players from CR Lusk, Good, Huey and Beard they are loaded!!
It sounds like Jeremy Pruitt and his staff will be paying attention to Cane Ridge in the seasons to come

Sorry to burst your bubble, but they would be 3rd or 4th best in Rutherford Co.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but they would be 3rd or 4th best in Rutherford Co.

I’m a big fan of all TN Highschool football. Oakland was the best team in TN by far this year. But to say CR would be the 3rd or 4th best team in Rutherford county is nuts! My buddy said that they had 9 sophomores to start on defense and 7 to start on offense that went 11-1. Who knows how they are going to develop due to the suspect coaching. But they are projected to be really good the next couple years. Like I said before Barnes is a great athlete he’s 6’3 200lbs now and can run like the wind! I believe he’ll end up a 5 star when it’s all said and done. His Dad is from Alabama and is a hug Alabama fan. Hopefully we can keep him in state to play for us but who knows TN kids aren’t good enough to play for the Vols!

Last edited:
Led by head coach Eddie Woods, Cane Ridge returns a loaded team that went 11-1 a year ago and lost in the state title game back in 2017. The Ravens have a trio of prospects with Tennessee offers, including 2021 wideout Quenton Barnes. The 6'2, 180-pound receiver holds more than a dozen scholarships, with Tennessee, Arkansas, Mississippi State and Duke among those in the mix. Barnes visited Knoxville last fall to attend the Missouri game, and the rising junior already has an early interest in the Vols for multiple reasons. “We’ve been in contact a lot. I like the campus. I really like going up there,” Barnes said. “And I I’m just looking at places around Tennessee right now. I don’t want to go too far out. I like places around the state. I want to stay closer to home."
Tennessee wideouts coach Tee Martin stopped by Cane Ridge last week to offer one of Barnes’ teammates and talk to coach Woods about the explosive receiver. The Vols like his skill-set in Jim Chaney’s offense, and notably, it’s not just Barnes’ ability to make plays with the ball in his hands that have them intrigued. Barnes, who recorded 32 receptions for 582 yards and four scores as a sophomore, said one of his best attributes is actually his willingness and dedication to blocking on the perimeter. “If I need to make plays, I can make plays for you,” he said, “but I really like blocking. That’s my thing.”
Woods backed up that statement, saying, “He’s very explosive. He runs routes with conviction. He attacks the ball well but he blocks with such intensity. “He’s one of the best blockers we’ve got, and I’m including our lineman, too.” Barnes hopes to make up to Tennessee this summer, but for now he’s concentrating on his junior season. At the early onset of spring practice, Woods has already seen growth in the 2021 standout. "He’s gotten better a being smarter, how to setup routes. He’s really picked up how to play the receiver this year,” the coach said. “It’s really going to play dividends this year.”
-VQ

Last edited:

VN Store

Back