'25 TN WR Cameron Sparks

Earlier in the week, I was able to see some of Baylor's scrimmage at Cleveland. Sparks had the opportunity to step up with Amari not playing to leave for his baseball event, etc. I got there with 2+ minutes left in the 1Q and the JV played the whole second half but in those 14+ minutes, Sparks stood out. Had two touchdowns and a highly impressive catch on the sideline as he was falling down with a DB all over him. He's in amazing shape now at 6'4/210 and is moving really well. Baylor's offense will be fun to watch this year and Sparks will be one of several reasons why. Even more excited to see him play in some games this fall now

Earlier in the week, I was able to see some of Baylor's scrimmage at Cleveland. Sparks had the opportunity to step up with Amari not playing to leave for his baseball event, etc. I got there with 2+ minutes left in the 1Q and the JV played the whole second half but in those 14+ minutes, Sparks stood out. Had two touchdowns and a highly impressive catch on the sideline as he was falling down with a DB all over him. He's in amazing shape now at 6'4/210 and is moving really well. Baylor's offense will be fun to watch this year and Sparks will be one of several reasons why. Even more excited to see him play in some games this fall now
I’d love to see what position he ends up in.

Thank you for the update.

So future TE?

Reactions: bigl3327
Thank you for the update.

So future TE?
In a recent interview, he said our coaches see him as a WR(like @allvolrecruiting said). He's 6'4 with a frame that could carry 220lbs like it's nothing. He's one that will almost definitely be a Vol if he's completely sold on playing WR. Some schools are recruiting him heavily as a LB. Others are throwing the athlete pitch saying you can play wherever you want.

In a recent interview, he said our coaches see him as a WR (like @allvolrecruiting said). He's 6'4 with a frame that could carry 220lbs like it's nothing. He's one that will almost definitely be a Vol if he's completely sold on playing WR. Some schools are recruiting him heavily as a LB. Others are throwing the athlete pitch saying you can play wherever you want.

Hmm :rolleyes:.

Time will tell :cool:

I also saw his interview talking about potentially playing TE in college. In the most recent interview he spoke about our staff specifically and them seeing him as a WR.
You know I remember Jason Croom being very vocal about wanting to be a WR at UT

He lost a lot of money being that way.
I'm sure the staff is being 100 about playing him at WR. But I also know they won't hesitate to move him if he's not getting run there

Reactions: Volfan1000
You know I remember Jason Croom being very vocal about wanting to be a WR at UT

He lost a lot of money being that way.
I'm sure the staff is being 100 about playing him at WR. But I also know they won't hesitate to move him if he's not getting run there
Different staff. Different offense. I don't know any verified times on Sparks, but he definitely looks fast enough on highlights to fill a Bru McCoy type role. I'm not saying TE is out of the question, but it won't be because he isn't capable of excelling as a WR in this offense. Marcus Harris out your way in Cali is another strong candidate to end up here at WR in that class. That would be two big time additions to the WR room.

Different staff. Different offense. I don't know any verified times on Sparks, but he definitely looks fast enough on highlights to fill a Bru McCoy type role. I'm not saying TE is out of the question, but it won't be because he isn't capable of excelling as a WR in this offense. Marcus Harris out your way in Cali is another strong candidate to end up here at WR in that class. That would be two big time additions to the WR room.
Croom played TE in the NFL is what I'm getting at.

And i was saying that since he came out of Norcross GA, that he was a TE.

This kid is definitely a TE. He's 6'4 210 only a junior in HS? Not done growing.
Wide shoulders. He'll be 240 by the time he's a freshman. Jmo

Croom played TE in the NFL is what I'm getting at.

And i was saying that since he came out of Norcross GA, that he was a TE.

This kid is definitely a TE. He's 6'4 210 only a junior in HS? Not done growing.
Wide shoulders. He'll be 240 by the time he's a freshman. Jmo
If he has WR on the brain, he'll be 225 max. Unless he grows 2 more inches over the next 2 years.

In a recent interview, he said our coaches see him as a WR(like @allvolrecruiting said). He's 6'4 with a frame that could carry 220lbs like it's nothing. He's one that will almost definitely be a Vol if he's completely sold on playing WR. Some schools are recruiting him heavily as a LB. Others are throwing the athlete pitch saying you can play wherever you want.

Has he said he wants to be a WR? I mean other teams putting the ATH tag on him? I mean where else could he play? DB?

Reactions: knoxvol52
Why do you think he's definitely a Vol?

If you're in the Chatt area and want to see a good scrimmage, they have moved it up to tomorrow night at 6:30 et at Baylor. They will host Bradley Central. Bradley has some guys including Boo Carter and Marcus Goree Jr. Baylor has some guys including (backup QB) Briggs Cherry and Cam Sparks. Baylor has Amari Jefferson and Max LeBlanc as well

If you're in the Chatt area and want to see a good scrimmage, they have moved it up to tomorrow night at 6:30 et at Baylor. They will host Bradley Central. Bradley has some guys including Boo Carter and Marcus Goree Jr. Baylor has some guys including (backup QB) Briggs Cherry and Cam Sparks. Baylor has Amari Jefferson and Max LeBlanc as well
Excellent, thanks for the update, I may go to that

1) Is Goree's brother a 2025 worth tracking IYO?

2) f*** Jefferson

VN Store

Back