'24 TN WR Amari Jefferson (Alabama commit)

I get what you’re saying, but we need prospects with NFL potential, and I mean a no brainer first rounder. Eventually this offense will evolve once Nico takes over. Heupel watched OSU and Bama carve up Georgia and will eventually start implementing similar things. We just haven’t had a Jameson Williams, Metchie, or Marvin Harrison type of WR to do it. We can scheme guys open, but eventually we need to have WRs that can straight up beat an elite corner all on his own. Both of them fall into that category
Georgia didn't shut down Hyatt with man coverage. They kept everyone else in check with single man coverage and used triangle coverage on Hyatt. I say this to agree with you that if we have multiple first round type talents, then this is no longer possible.

Spot on

Also, if we could have run the ball at all they wouldn’t have been able to stop us. That’s the key to it. If you can run efficiently in this offense the opposing defense isn’t stopping the pass. It keeps them from running those type coverages.

Georgia didn't shut down Hyatt with man coverage. They kept everyone else in check with single man coverage and used triangle coverage on Hyatt. I say this to agree with you that if we have multiple first round type talents, then this is no longer possible.
Honestly our primary issue was not being able to block their interior Dline worth a crap.

Pulled even, have final OV to make the close and will have all the other instate guys committing all around him. Was huge to get Pope in with his family. Work to be done but the path is there in front of us similar to the Carter close last December.
This recruitment is strange. Committed to basevols.

Seems wishy washy on football. What's strange is he plays an immediate pos of need, in this offense, with this coach. Figured kids would be jumpin at the chance.

I get what you’re saying, but we need prospects with NFL potential, and I mean a no brainer first rounder. Eventually this offense will evolve once Nico takes over. Heupel watched OSU and Bama carve up Georgia and will eventually start implementing similar things. We just haven’t had a Jameson Williams, Metchie, or Marvin Harrison type of WR to do it. We can scheme guys open, but eventually we need to have WRs that can straight up beat an elite corner all on his own. Both of them fall into that category
Nathan Leacock shot up the ratings. The coaches did a great job identifying him early. Tate and 2 other WRs for OSU were still ranked higher than Leacock.

False.

You post a lot of false sh*t.
They’re neck and neck in rankings for the most part. Tate comes with a little bs; that was my opinion when we were trending with him as well. Both have potential to be great WRs; if Tate was in the portal in a year I wouldn’t be surprised.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
I was just saying that it wasn’t completely false but yeah a little misleading.
That poster does that all the time. Takes things out of context to fit his narrative. He knew Tate was a still a consensus 5 star since 247 and Rivals had his ranked there. But only highlighted on3 and ESPNs rank so it looks the way he wanted it to. It’s pretty wild. Look in every player thread, he’s done the same thing for a long time

Reactions: Jaxon_Vol2017
They’re neck and neck in rankings for the most part. Tate comes with a little bs; that was my opinion when we were trending with him as well. Both have potential to be great WRs; if Tate was in the portal in a year I wouldn’t be surprised.
Tate looked good in the Scarlett and.Gray spring game

Spring game. Did he look as good as Jack Janceck did in our spring game in 2021?
Not sure why you’re bringing that up. Tate was a high profile recruit who looked good in the only event that people have been able to see him. Spring games can be meaningless, but they also can show that a player is in fact talented. We wanted him for a reason. He’s really good.

Not sure why you’re bringing that up. Tate was a high profile recruit who looked good in the only event that people have been able to see him. Spring games can be meaningless, but they also can show that a player is in fact talented. We wanted him for a reason. He’s really good.
Someone said he wasn't talented? I don't think there is any issue with his talent.

VN Store

Back