'24 TN WR Amari Jefferson (Alabama commit)

Don’t remember much “baseball conditioning” happening back in my baseball days? It’s not a very stressful cardio sport.

Training for most sports is not what it used to be.

Someone is going to have to explain to me why he is considered a must get. Just because he’s in state? So??? Sounds like media is pushing this old tired narrative again just to get attention. I seriously don’t see us having trouble finding WRs even if we have to get some from the portal.

Not one individual must get, but we need two out of the group we are in on

Not really. More dudes will pop up we’ve never heard of once they play their senior years.

Even if we don’t get 2 out of the group we’re currently in on they’d go flip someone else or welcome someone via portal.

Someone is going to have to explain to me why he is considered a must get. Just because he’s in state? So??? Sounds like media is pushing this old tired narrative again just to get attention. I seriously don’t see us having trouble finding WRs even if we have to get some from the portal.
Change that gif to “Shut up and take my money dominate in my offense!”

Not really. More dudes will pop up we’ve never heard of once they play their senior years.

Even if we don’t get 2 out of the group we’re currently in on they’d go flip someone else or welcome someone via portal.
I understand that but they aren't going to be Wingo or Mathews caliber. Would be nice to pull a legit top 30 player at WR

Reactions: BelieveTheHeup93
Hubber says consensus on campus is that they're looking for WR's. I think OL, WR, and TE are biggest immediate needs. Seoncdarily CB and LB. Prob throw a second RB in there.

Crazily, I'm completely confident of our defensive cruiting this year. Due in part to latts yurs haul, and what we have on the periphery. This staff seems extremely adept at finding their guys, but i'm talking building depth.

Center, tackle, receiver, and end.

Exactly. We will always have WRs who put up great stats in the offense, but if Nico is a generational talent it would be amazing to pair him up with a first round talent at WR.
Seldon is his safety valve do it all player. Leacock could be his go to guy. Also Webb ant FL and Davis at TE are two tall athletic guys that make plays downfield. Not to mention he'll have White and Sampson for two of his starting seasons. Add Matthews and Lewis along with power element of Keith, and this offense is going to be impossible to stop.

No, we need a WR like Matthews or Wingo. Jefferson isn’t exactly a must get though
Matthews is not the same type of WR as Wingo.

Can't use them interchangeably just because their both 5 stars.

Need WRs that can make people miss and have deep speed.

Or really any WR that makes big plays.

This staff likes to have that combination of speed WRs and physical WRs. Wingo and Matthews fall into the upper echelon for each.

This staff likes to have that combination of speed WRs and physical WRs. Wingo and Matthews fall into the upper echelon for each.
That's not the point I was making to BTH93.

He uses them interchangeably because they're 5 stars.

Jefferson is obviously wanted by the staff as well. Maybe just as much.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
I understand that but they aren't going to be Wingo or Mathews caliber. Would be nice to pull a legit top 30 player at WR

You would have said the same thing last year when we were going after Carnell Tate. No player is just gonna pop up and be on his caliber. Enter Nathan Leacock. Who wound up higher rated. Nobody knows who is gonna pop up on the radar.

I get what you’re saying, but we need prospects with NFL potential, and I mean a no brainer first rounder. Eventually this offense will evolve once Nico takes over. Heupel watched OSU and Bama carve up Georgia and will eventually start implementing similar things. We just haven’t had a Jameson Williams, Metchie, or Marvin Harrison type of WR to do it. We can scheme guys open, but eventually we need to have WRs that can straight up beat an elite corner all on his own. Both of them fall into that category

VN Store

Back