'20 TN RB Tee Hodge (UT SIGNEE)

Yeah, every year, there are a bunch that the recruiting services never both to re-evaluate. Maurer was one of those from last year's class. Had an amazing Senior year, but they just kept him at 3 stars as if nothing ever happened. His last 'rating change' according to 247 was 7/31/2018, a month before the start of his Senior season.

I'm actually pleasantly surprised that the re-evaluated as many as they did for the 2020 class, but they still missed a bunch of players.
Exactly. There's no requirement to rerank each and every one of the thousands of rated recruits. Especially when you get outside the top few hundred, the difference in 500 vs 450 doesn't mean a ton and isn't as clear as #50 and #1. I'd say hundreds of kids they just leave as-is.

I have felt like for years our guys don't get better as they grow in the program.

Looks like with CJP and crew we can change that. Get them in and coach them up.
Check the quotes...I agree with you, but me and and Sweets are being sarcastic about some of our other posters proclivity to incessantly criticize the staffs recruiting prowess..

Listen, I hope Tee Hodge balls out and proves my skepticism wrong. I just think Evans has more natural talent than him, and I think most would agree. But like I said, I DO like Hodge's game. I'm surprised he's not rated higher.

Reactions: HawkVol2213
I was just watching some of Tee's film. He is not overly fast but he is a big, strong back that is a natural runner. He eats up chunks of yards. I think he'll be a good player here.

Great assessment because you hit the nail on the head. The only thing I'll say is he has a gear but has dealt with injuries and it has slowed him down.

Great assessment because you hit the nail on the head. The only thing I'll say is he has a gear but has dealt with injuries and it has slowed him down.

I watched him in the championship with Cane Ridge a few years ago. It was a slow merciless beating and they couldn't stop the ground game as much as anything.

No, it doesn’t make sense, Mr. Brown. Is he carrying himself like an immature child, or a grown ass man ready to make plays? Jesus I hate sports journalists.
Don’t think he used either adjective. Took it as he carries himself better than typical freshmen in football and is impressing with his work ethic.

VN Store

Back