'20 TN RB Tee Hodge (UT SIGNEE)

Man those were the days. I was a freshman in college in. Atlanta. My parents had moved up here and my sister was at Science Hill. I came up to visit and remember wondering who this George Pitts person was and why was his name on so many bumper stickers.
it was wild. i dont recall a single of those guys being over 6'3". if that.

Reactions: sonofUT62
Mushdumps gonna have a hrad time hangin on to his job..

I agree that Muschamp Ought to have a hard time keeping his job after his team's performance on the field this season. And, looking at their message boards there are truckloads of people calling for his head. However, the financial aspect of canning him is sobering.
If fired before January, the staff buyout at SCAR IS NORTH OF $20,000,000! It goes down to something over $17,000,000 in January. Keep this kinda talk up and pretty soon you're talking about a lot of money
I don't have a clue about it, or what anybody will do, but AR just did a financial stupid by firing Morris. Now they are (court challenges notwithstanding) on the hook for over $22,000,000 to Bielema and Morris. Arkansas has saddled their program with enormous debt, and corroded the value of their brand by firing CCM short of two years service. They're going to have a lot of trouble getting a worthwhile coach unless Malzahn or Freeze suddenly becomes available.
GOOD! Well Done. We play AR next yr so it all suits me fine.
Is SCAR foolish enough to go down that path to ruin too?.........I certainly hope so.

Reactions: BIGORANGEBUBBA
I agree that Muschamp Ought to have a hard time keeping his job after his team's performance on the field this season. And, looking at their message boards there are truckloads of people calling for his head. However, the financial aspect of canning him is sobering.
If fired before January, the staff buyout at SCAR IS NORTH OF $20,000,000! It goes down to something over $17,000,000 in January. Keep this kinda talk up and pretty soon you're talking about a lot of money
I don't have a clue about it, or what anybody will do, but AR just did a financial stupid by firing Morris. Now they are (court challenges notwithstanding) on the hook for over $22,000,000 to Bielema and Morris. Arkansas has saddled their program with enormous debt, and corroded the value of their brand by firing CCM short of two years service. They're going to have a lot of trouble getting a worthwhile coach unless Malzahn or Freeze suddenly becomes available.
GOOD! Well Done. We play AR next yr so it all suits me fine.
Is SCAR foolish enough to go down that path to ruin too?.........I certainly hope so.
It is not saddled with debt if boosters agree to foot the buyout costs..like FSU. I know Arky has some really deep pocket heavy hitters, but I do not have a clue if USuCk has those kind of resources.

USC JR has some large pocketed donors. They haven’t always opened up the check books, but much like Auburn they are extremely jealous of their instate big brother.

USC JR is typically a hard sell to recruits. They do land some good players but not enough to compete with the upper echelon in the SEC. You cannot point to a winning history, SECC banners, Nattys, or anything for that matter. Now that Clemson has become a winner and contender year in and year out, it is even tougher to build a winning program at SC. Hiring WM was a bad move. He has now proven at two SECE schools that he does not have what it takes. Personally, I hope the AD keeps him around.

Last edited:
I think at this point it's just a given that if Jeremy Pruitt recruits you to UT you'll be at least trying out on defense for a bit. You might end up at WR or RB but he's going to work you out at DB and LB first.
Would’ve loved to have seen Elijah Simmons going through DB practice

I think at this point it's just a given that if Jeremy Pruitt recruits you to UT you'll be at least trying out on defense for a bit. You might end up at WR or RB but he's going to work you out at DB and LB first.
Agreed. Pruitt is going to try and put the elite talent on the defensive side of the ball.

Agree. At least until we start landing legit top 3 classes which shouldn’t be long. Think he’s a big fan of versatility anyways. He wants elite athletes all over the field anyway he can get it.

Reactions: JacketVol
Just got around to watching this kids highlight videos; prompted by Len'Neth Whitehead recruiting thread and recent thread about "Time to land a big time RB..."
First impression: He has nimble feet
Second (I know this is a weird one): seems to have a longer torso and shorter legs.
This made my rack my brain about who he reminds me of and after some searching.....
Edgerrin James of The U and Colts, Peyton's old backfield mate.
I think he is a better RB recruit than LW. Would prefer to see LW on defense. If he gets a look at D I trust Pruitt as his mad scientist tinkering with people's positions has paid dividends the past two years.
Thoughts?

Especially at a time when the OL isn't capable, game to game, in delivering the run opportunities that 'elite' RBs require to fulfill their NFL dreams.

It's really stunning that a coach who has already been fired from one SEC school, and who has not even managed to win a division at his second SEC stop, could ever, ever have that sort of buyout.

VN Store

Back