'22 TN QB Ty Simpson (Alabama commit)

Vols will never be back until they can get prospects like this to commit and they will never get prospects like this to commit until they get back Vicious chicken and egg cycle. The only way around it is to hire a superstar, which we seem to be incapable of doing here. Glad I got to live through the 90s. it will never happen again. Vols are new Vandy.

Not buying it. We are where we are, but on this very subject the only thing we have lost so far is the PR hit we lost going head to head with UA and Clemson on a prospect of this acclaim. It is entirely possible this kid does not live up to his ranking and It is also possible that somebody we already have on campus would make it hard on him to excel here. A few years back I remember one of the key HS rankings guys tell the world that Peyton Manning was NO Freddy Kitchens. It happens. We have recently seen our highest rated recruits not pan out.

We have a new coach with most of his old staff with recognized high powered offensive skills and some coveted guys on our defensive staff that appear to be hungry enough to make some strides. We are in a deep whole and it won't happen overnight, but no reason to stand on the edge of the bridge and moan about it.

I would love for him to have picked up our hat and helped round up more in state talent, but on to plan B. At QB we have at least one guy that seems to want to be a Vol that I hope fits the bill and signs on and it is a long way to ESD. Giving in to various states of depression is certainly not a path to success. It appears you need to find another path. Even after we get the NCAA treatment we are still miles ahead of Vandy and all but about maybe 20 schools as far as position to succeed. Maybe up to a half dozen are in the SEC so it is a tougher fight, but our new AD may just have the recipe for success... I like his character and resolve for starters.... man up.

Reactions: Hardy
Maybe I’m just dumb. I don’t see the option for it. Unless you meant just actually ignore it.
That too. If you have the CPU version it used to be one of the options when you start a thread. You’re not dumb...I’m prolly not correct.

FSU had 2 NCs and finished top 4 pretty regularly in your referenced time span. Canes 1 NC but were in the hunt until their brief downturn at the end of the 90’s. Their victory over UCLA helped us in our year.
Not saying we were better than either, and definitely not saying they were better...just saying we could bite back at them, unlike just barking at UF and Nebraska.

Neither had the disadvantage of a conference championship game; unlike us, who had to face Nick Saban twice in one year (2001). We went from winning in the Swamp, being one of the top 2 teams in the country, and playing for a second National Championship in four years...to the Citrus Bowl; while UF went to the Orange Bowl, and finished higher in the final polls (I've always hated the conference championship games, and 2001 is the main reason why). Neither FSU nor Miami went thru anything like that.

Last edited:
Were there really some of you in here who thought he wasn't committing to Bama today? I say this not because I'm mad and think we'll never be good again. I say it because it's just another stain from the Pruitt regime that it's best to move on from. I'm not saying he will be better, but I am very ready to pursue Sam Horn and will welcome him with open arms if he commits.

I think there were some that thought he was going to pick TN. Most of us knew it was Bama. I cannot blame Ty one bit. Pruitt is the turd that keeps on floating around. I have always wanted Horn. His film looks better and I believe he has much more upside.

If Horn commits to TN does he drop to a 3 star?

Not likely that far of a drop but he will likely drop. The major key to Tys commitment was him getting his fifth star a few days back. That told me all I needed to know. As soon as he got that it signifies the Bama bump. If Ty were seriously considering us and we would have been viewed his leader, he never would have gotten the bump up.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
This really isn’t much of a loss. It would’ve helped the recruiting rankings but that’s it. We got 2 std QBs both of whom were much more accomplished as high school QBs than Simpson. And are already on campus. I’d love to have this kid but can’t blame him at all. He’ll likely have to wait a few years to get to play at bama. But if he ever gets a chance to play he’ll almost certainly be playing for a top 5 team and be in the national championship hunt.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
You all keep using this reason as to who is better.

So every QB that has played for Cedar Hill Texas is better than Ty Simpson??

Very weak logic. Lazy analysis...
Whatever, I watch him play 3 straight years, and he stood out one of them

VN Store

Back