'22 TN QB Ty Simpson (Alabama commit)

Honestly ty is good but a Lil overrated in my opinion and I’ve always thought that regardless if he committed here or not wasnt as impressed as I am with Sam horn

Honestly ty is good but a Lil overrated in my opinion and I’ve always thought that regardless if he committed here or not wasnt as impressed as I am with Sam horn
My feeling is they are both talented but I would rather get Simpson from an impression stand point. Being a Tennessee kid and now a five star should help greatly with keeping our in state talent interested. If Saban and Dabo want him that’s enough for me along with the potential impact on recruiting instate and abroad for that matter. Just my perspective. At the end of the day I am happy with either should they choose to be here. I however think it is Clemson for this one. Hope I am wrong.

That is your opinion but In my opinion he is and Salter has faced better competition than TY has. Tn high school football is not even close to high school football in Tx, Ga,Fla.

Al Wilson played the exact same level of competition. So did Travis Stephens, but i guess those guys weren't ALL-SEC , ALL-AMERICAN players??

Reactions: UTMVol76
Horn is better. Ty’s competition is weak. Horn tears up top GA talent.

From the tape, Horn looks like he has a stronger, more accurate arm. Simpson is faster and looks like the better overall athlete. I lean towards the better athlete as they tend to have the higher upside (and are better for CJH's offense. Either way, it's nice that we still have top QBs considering us despite what is going on.

Yes he is, easy to look better with the level of competition westview played and they were down this year
You all keep using this reason as to who is better.

So every QB that has played for Cedar Hill Texas is better than Ty Simpson??

Very weak logic. Lazy analysis...

Al Wilson played the exact same level of competition. So did Travis Stephens, but i guess those guys weren't ALL-SEC , ALL-AMERICAN players??

Agree to a point, but Jackson Central Merry played better competition than Martin Westview.

Horn is better. Ty’s competition is weak. Horn tears up top GA talent.
Because when both end up in the SEC, their high school level competition will still matter, right???

Kid hasn't even announced his choice and you all are already looking for maxipad excuses...

As a young fan, I don't view it as a rivalry. I don't view Alabama, Georgia, or Florida as our rivals in football. They are just annual blowouts. I have never seen us beat Bama. I have seen us beat Florida once and Georgia twice. I am always much more interested in the KY, SC, and Mizzou games. Alabama, Georgia, and Florida just outclass us every year, hard to really dislike them when they are just so much better. But I really dislike KY, SC, and Mizzou.

Dude same. I'm 30 and I only remember the games from my youth and the 2016 season.

Agree to a point, but Jackson Central Merry played better competition than Martin Westview.
That's not the point. At all...

Al Wilson could have played for Riverdale, Melrose , Dallas Carter, Carol City etc it wouldn't have mattered!! He was going to dominate because he a was future All-Conference talent.

Same for Travis Stephens.

They can only play against who's on their schedule.

The level of competition argument is such a lazy, tired argument.

Did J Jennings playing QB at Murfeesboro Blackman make him such a tenacious WR at UT??

Literally every QB that has played at Cedar Hill, TX is better than 5 star Ty Simpson by this stupid logic....

Simpson's dad is the coach at UT Martin as well, so I'm sure he has had football knowledge drilled into him from an early age. In Heupel's offense a super athletic QB isn't as important as one that can make the reads and pre-snap adjustments correctly based upon what the defense is showing. I would be pumped if we get Simpson or Horn, but would prefer both.

VN Store

Back