'22 TN QB Ty Simpson (Alabama commit)

Hope the staff is putting their eggs in Horn’s basket. If Simpson thinks he is going to Bama or Clemson to start with the talent they already have then go for it. This commitment will not be that big of a loss if we can get Horn. I really think that Bama and Clemson are trying just to keep him from Heupel.

I really doubt Ala and Clem are taking a player just to keep him from TN. I promise you they aren't that worried about us.

If he were smart to avoid backlash and knew he was going elsewhere he would be smart to let it be known now that we are out and not find out during announcement. Will lessen the blowback.
Yep. He should have eliminated us after Pruitt got canned.

He set a commitment date like right after we hired a coach. Pretty good sign that the new coach wouldn’t have time to build the relationship needed.

Now there’s a 247 update saying it’s 50-50 Bama/Clemson and he’s been a Clemson lean the last few weeks.

Seems like that’s a nice way of saying he’s eliminated Vols.

Reactions: VolByLaw
He set a commitment date like right after we hired a coach. Pretty good sign that the new coach wouldn’t have time to build the relationship needed.

Now there’s a 247 update saying it’s 50-50 Bama/Clemson and he’s been a Clemson lean the last few weeks.

Seems like that’s a nice way of saying he’s eliminated Vols.
If Ty is announcing he is going to Bama or Clemson in front of an entire room of people that are likely UT fans, he obviously doesn't have it between the ears. You can commit to them sure. But you don't do an in person announcement at your school in a very UT heavy area when those people all want you to be the savior of their home state program.

I just really think Vols here. I think Simpson will be to Heupel what Hurd was to Butch. That is, the first major in state commit that gets the ball rolling and gets others to believe in the direction of the program.

If Ty is announcing he is going to Bama or Clemson in front of an entire room of people that are likely UT fans, he obviously doesn't have it between the ears. You can commit to them sure. But you don't do an in person announcement at your school in a very UT heavy area when those people all want you to be the savior of their home state program.

I just really think Vols here. I think Simpson will be to Heupel what Hurd was to Butch. That is, the first major in state commit that gets the ball rolling and gets others to believe in the direction of the program.

The entire first paragraph of your post is just silly. He’s just a kid announcing where he’s going to school. He doesn’t have to protect your feelings or the feelings of fans of a different school. It literally says nothing about what he has between the ears.

Harrison Bailey announced he was going to UT in front of a room full of UGA fans in the state of Georgia when UGA was winning 10+ games and the Vols were poop

Weeks ago AP said that if he attends the announcement ceremony then we’ve got a shot.

Now, AP is indicating he’s not attending the announcement correct? Some are now suggesting it’s smoke screen from AP. I say live in your hopes but it seems pretty bleak.

Weeks ago AP said that if he attends the announcement ceremony then we’ve got a shot.

Now, AP is indicating he’s not attending the announcement correct? Some are now suggesting it’s smoke screen from AP. I say live in your hopes but it seems pretty bleak.
it's bleak...we've moved on to the Horn thread brraau.

The entire first paragraph of your post is just silly. He’s just a kid announcing where he’s going to school. He doesn’t have to protect your feelings or the feelings of fans of a different school. It literally says nothing about what he has between the ears.

Harrison Bailey announced he was going to UT in front of a room full of UGA fans in the state of Georgia when UGA was winning 10+ games and the Vols were poop
Good points; but, the flip side is a good point, as well. Why gather an auditorium full of Vol fans, just to tell them you're going to Bama? While he owes them nothing, and it's his decision alone, he may feel pretty low if the place starts booing their asses off whenever he puts on a Clemson hat, or burns the place down if it's a Bama hat. Not saying that's going to happen, but...a Bama fan did kill her best friend one time, all because the best friend wasn't upset enough over a loss to LSU. So...anything is possible, you know.

Good points; but, the flip side is a good point, as well. Why gather an auditorium full of Vol fans, just to tell them you're going to Bama? While he owes them nothing, and it's his decision alone, he may feel pretty low if the place starts booing their asses off whenever he puts on a Clemson hat, or burns the place down if it's a Bama hat. Not saying that's going to happen, but...a Bama fan did kill her best friend one time, all because the best friend wasn't upset enough over a loss to LSU. So...anything is possible, you know.

Haha that’s quite the overreaction by that fan.

I see what you’re saying, but some people are acting like Ty is the first kid ever to do a ceremony where the hometown team wasn’t the choice.

This is just normal. It’s supposed to be a celebration for Ty, not a celebration for a college that nobody in the room currently attends.

Hiring Freeze would have got Simpson here.

That is pretty insulting to the kid and his family to propose that having access to some hookers would sway him to come to UT. Not sure if blue font is applicable or not. If it is a business decision I can live with whatever he says. He and his family and close supporters should celebrate as they see fit. The locals should cheer for him in his final year as the QB of their team and then support the teams of their choice on Saturdays. Most will keep up with him but revert to supporting their programs. It will be natural to play the what could have been game. We have that roadmap with SOS. Many folks in Orange understood his choice and he is still a beloved local legend up there from all I have ever heard, but then he became a Gator and it sure did work out for him. Lots of loyal fans for sure, but not en mass in Tennessee. We have survived and he has thrived. I might have learned to like his snarky ways if they were our snarky ways. As a gator, not so much. So, let the kid have his time in the spotlight wherever he determines that will be, and react accordingly, but do it with some class while wearing Orange.

Last edited:
Haha that’s quite the overreaction by that fan.

I see what you’re saying, but some people are acting like Ty is the first kid ever to do a ceremony where the hometown team wasn’t the choice.

This is just normal. It’s supposed to be a celebration for Ty, not a celebration for a college that nobody in the room currently attends.
Bammer...what do you expect?

Reactions: MarcoVol
Bama and Clemson aren't offering him any monetary incentives. Just a nice education
I have no issues with cheating.... I just want someone that is good at it like say Rodney Garner for example..... High Freeze would have the sign outside McDonald’s reading 4 and 5 * football players welcome here..... he would, personally, be handing out cash in McDonald’s bags through the drive through window..... he would keep a ledger of his transactions on his school/business phone.... At that same time.... he would film a video of himself crying and quoting bible verses.... he would be stating , if anyone has any proof of any improprieties to come at him.....then he would be tweeting that god was going to bless him with heavenly riches if he brought the most talented football players and hookers to Tennessee.

That is pretty insulting to the kid and his family to propose that having access to some hookers would sway him to come to UT. Not sure if blue font is applicable or not. If it is a business decision I can live with whatever he says. He and his family and close supporters should celebrate as they see fit. The locals should cheer for him in his final year as the QB of their team and then support the teams of their choice on Saturdays. Most will keep up with him but revert to supporting their programs. It will be natural to play the what could have been game. We have that roadmap with SOS. Many folks in Orange understood his choice
tenor.gif

I really doubt Ala and Clem are taking a player just to keep him from TN. I promise you they aren't that worried about us.

Not the case here but this isn’t true. Bama and UGA been doing this under Saban and Smart especially when Pruitt was here. Saban way. Takes who he wants then also willing to take a competition top target that he isn’t sold on but thinks could have potential to hurt him down the road and keep them buried on his bench instead of elsewhere. Smart did it a few times with Norton, Logue and the Nashville DT took them knowing he would recruit over them

VN Store

Back