'24 TN OT Jesse Perry (Tennessee)

i see OL class being larger this year than usual but also only see Perry ending up a 3 star.

Ronan will have a bama offer and 40+ others

Ginther's tape is phenomenal and he just needs the weight to be elite

Talk me into Perry.

Ronan and Ginther, I’m on board with, I think they both will be studs.

Reactions: 19_GBO_19
OL is the hardest and last unit to fully be evaluated in a recruiting cycle. too much growth happening at once, not enough time spent with the body at 16 years of age and 300 lbs.

with the rest of our class looking like elite top 250 types, I tend to look at OL and judge based on offers (especially the style offense they run/OL coach) and film. watch the feet, watch the lateral quickness, watch the ability to make quick reads on defenders. Spraggins a great example of a road grading bully who was a low 3 star few offers but GREAT run blocking film and fast feet, who has picked up on our offense extremely well and will play in the NFL after he's done here.

this kid is very good, even if the tape is limited on pass pro.

as per usual, take every recruiting eval with a grain of salt. develop your own eye and watch the film. I like both this and the Ginther pickups. We also are in on some top 250 OL who we will land, but to start with these two at OG and OT. And with Ronan (if we get) would be huge. Talented bunch
Spoken like someone who understands the OL position. People need to understand that many OL in NFL are players just like this young man Athletic and long great feet huge upside. In CHRIST Alone

And Pruitt only took him as a package deal to get his “4 star” teammate who turned out to be wallpaper. Just like when Fulmer took Denarius Moore to get Lennon Creer back in the day, but Moore ended up being the actual player between the two.
Are you talking about Antonio Johnson? I think he ended up at A&M and is projected to be a 2nd or 3rd rounder this year.

Here is why they like him. He has elite height and length good feet and bend many tools with which to develop. There are many things to like about him.

Exactly. It sounds like the offense he plays in just hasn’t taught pass pro fundamentals, which Elarbee will take care of. You recruit the traits that are unteachable…which Perry has…then teach the things that are teachable.

Thing is… when Butch was here we all boomed these types of commitments.

Then when Butch left, we all were glad we were done taking 260lb tackle projects.

And now we’re back to acting excited about taking a 260lb tackle.

If you’re just gonna be a cheerleader, so be it.

Considering the offensive line prospects were in on - Calhoun, Easley, Westphal, Calloway, etc - it makes little sense to take this commitment now.
I will continue to be a cheerleader. Thanks for the shout out! I have seen no reason to trust the rankings. These coaches on the other hand have proven they know exactly what they want, how to develop them and how to coach them. Just look at Bishop. The RB nobody wanted. The one everyone was hoping he was not getting a scholarship wasted on him. Been on here long enough to know you either trust the coaches or not because opinions on here are useless especially the ones that just worry about what the rankings are.

“Cheerleaders” mock the “star gazers.”

Meanwhile the teams loaded with blue chippers are the year in year out winners.
Stargazers mock the cheerleaders.

Meanwhile the teams loaded with blue chippers have every player they sign given the ratings bump just because they chose a winning team!

& yes we recruit 330+ pound OL out of H.S/juco -- have you watched the tape? we have a specific type of player that works well in this offense...

Feel like quentin tarantino talking about feet, but I hope some of you get the point. the sooner you get on board with recruiting decisions being based on the success of the team and the systems that operate such teams, instead of recruiting rankings, you'll be happier. Yes, UGA, Bama, OSU all end with the top 3 in rankings every year, they do so because they take guys early on who get massive bumps because UGA Bama & OSU are WINNING FOOTBALL GAMES & surely a winning program wouldn't take a 3 star unless they believed they had quality to provide. Much of our production this year came from 3 and 4 stars. Very soon the exact same players will be 4 and 5 stars because of the TN bump.
AMEN!!!!!

I will continue to be a cheerleader. Thanks for the shout out! I have seen no reason to trust the rankings. These coaches on the other hand have proven they know exactly what they want, how to develop them and how to coach them. Just look at Bishop. The RB nobody wanted. The one everyone was hoping he was not getting a scholarship wasted on him. Been on here long enough to know you either trust the coaches or not because opinions on here are useless especially the ones that just worry about what the rankings are.

🤷‍♂️

Desean Bishop who hasn’t even played a game yet?

& yes we recruit 330+ pound OL out of H.S/juco -- have you watched the tape? we have a specific type of player that works well in this offense...

Feel like quentin tarantino talking about feet, but I hope some of you get the point. the sooner you get on board with recruiting decisions being based on the success of the team and the systems that operate such teams, instead of recruiting rankings, you'll be happier. Yes, UGA, Bama, OSU all end with the top 3 in rankings every year, they do so because they take guys early on who get massive bumps because UGA Bama & OSU are WINNING FOOTBALL GAMES & surely a winning program wouldn't take a 3 star unless they believed they had quality to provide. Much of our production this year came from 3 and 4 stars. Very soon the exact same players will be 4 and 5 stars because of the TN bump.
Said it so much better than me!

Have you not been listening to practice reports?

Sure, and I’ve commented on this board that we might’ve stole someone.

But you tried to prove a point by referencing a kid who hasn’t even played a game yet.

For the record - every year there are kids who feast during spring ball only to never be heard from again.

But you tried to prove a point by referencing a kid who hasn’t even played a game yet.

For the record - every year there are kids who feast during spring ball only to never be heard from again.
So your trying to prove a point by referencing spring practice to game failures? Must we really go through each to determine that many of those spring practice heroes were actually highly rated?

The point was nobody was excited about this particular player and was hoping he would be on the practice squad so as to not waste a scholarship because he was not highly rated or chased by the winning teams. He not only is not on the practice squad but already doing very well against the players the winning teams recruited heavily. Which is just one more reason to decide the coaches we have now know more than the recruiting sites, expert fans and some other coaches.

Well then, for the record share with us the specifically called out players by CJH the last couple of years that have later disappeared into obscurity!

Reactions: SweetasSoda

VN Store

Back