'21 TN OLB Junior Colson (Michigan commit)

I said in my original post that I didn’t necessarily agree but he asked a question or stated “I don’t understand why people are frustrated” or something to that affect. I posted why. I think folks around here know me well enough to know that I’m not worried about star rankings in April, but I put on there why some folks would be. I also posted what jesse has said that basically we aren’t trending with any blue chippers except maybe Cody Brown.

I agree with you tho, I don’t think he agrees with Jessie’s takes. That being said, it is frustrating that we’re likely to miss on Colson and Ritzie after already missing on Robinson. But I know we’ll finish top 10 come February so I’m not concerned.

The frustrating thing about Colson (and Ritzie) is that he plays a need position. If he was a skill player, he’d not be as big of a loss.

Early returns on recruiting last year were also frustrating, but this year just feels like we can’t get any traction with blue chips. The COVID visit restrictions are playing a part in our early recruiting struggles, but yet other southern P5 schools seem to be doing well. Football can’t get here fast enough.

Reactions: vols 30
The frustrating thing about Colson (and Ritzie) is that he plays a need position. If he was a skill player, he’d not be as big of a loss.

Early returns on recruiting last year were also frustrating, but this year just feels like we can’t get any traction with blue chips. The COVID visit restrictions are playing a part in our early recruiting struggles, but yet other southern P5 schools seem to be doing well. Football can’t get here fast enough.

5 southern schools in the top 15. We are at 17. IN APRIL. Go bang your head against a brick wall for a few hours.

5 southern schools in the top 15. We are at 17. IN APRIL. Go bang your head against a brick wall for a few hours.
Last year we had in state to fall back on. Now, we dont. What changed? I do think Pruitt and Moose are elite, but, who else? Right now, KY & SC are recruiting ok. We've got to take a leap talent wise. Else mid tier year after year.

Reactions: vols 30
Last year we had in state to fall back on. Now, we dont. What changed? I do think Pruitt and Moose are elite, but, who else? Right now, KY & SC are recruiting ok. We've got to take a leap talent wise. Else mid tier year after year.

APRIL. When are you guys going to get the strategy of our staff to close late? That they value getting as much as film as possible?

APRIL. When are you guys going to get the strategy of our staff to close late? That they value getting as much as film as possible?

Would agree but it was this time we took Keyton and Morris. Let’s not act like the staff needs to evaluate more film on Colson. We’ve prioritized him and rightfully so. This is a whiff.

Can someone please help me understand how this is a "Whiff" or a "Big Miss" when there have been clear indications that family is actively pushing the northern school or any other school besides UT????

Family has a very big pull and if they are not receptive to UT Coaches or UT Football or UT in general then how does it fall on the coaches as a Whiff?

Can someone please help me understand how this is a "Whiff" or a "Big Miss" when there have been clear indications that family is actively pushing the northern school or any other school besides UT????

Family has a very big pull and if they are not receptive to UT Coaches or UT Football or UT in general then how does it fall on the coaches as a Whiff?
Because whiney baby back negavols expect us to recruit like Clemson and Georgia when we’ve not had double digit wins in *sigh* too long. I appreciate your take because that’s exactly what’s happening in his recruitment. And to agree with Newt, ITS ONLY APRIL, y’all. Nut up and be quiet.

So what happens when Michigan gets their asses beat again by OSU? Will Michigan pull the plug on the booger eater or are they too afraid to risk returning to the Rich Rod/Brady Hoke days (can’t say I blame them if so)?

We may not sign one top ten player in our own state. Let that sink in, folks.

Colson is a big loss at a need position. This should have been a slam dunk.

Even with the COVID restrictions, we should be doing better than this. Taking marginal WRs with 4.9 40s isn’t going to placate the masses.
Dude are you drunk or clueless? HIS GUARDIANS WENT TO MICHIGAN! DO YOU COMPREHEND?! Come on man do you not think parental figures have the biggest influences? I mean damn it you must be just a troll cause there’s nothing you can do if they send him to once place because they went there and sat that’s where he’s going regardless. Jesus

So what happens when Michigan gets their asses beat again by OSU? Will Michigan pull the plug on the booger eater or are they too afraid to risk returning to the Rich Rod/Brady Hoke days (can’t say I blame them if so)?

He’s getting paid 8 million to lose to OSU every year.

Easily the most overrated college coach.

Amen man amen

Dude are you drunk or clueless? HIS GUARDIANS WENT TO MICHIGAN! DO YOU COMPREHEND?! Come on man do you not think parental figures have the biggest influences? I mean damn it you must be just a troll cause there’s nothing you can do if they send him to once place because they went there and sat that’s where he’s going regardless. Jesus
Drunk, clueless, troll....we can keep going here. Seems to be best pals and in agreement with 2 other negavols in here, since they’re always caressing one another’s egos & opinions 👌

We really need a 10 win season and the Tennessee kids will take more notice.

These kids are used to seeing UT struggle to get a bowl game.

Unfortunately, JG won't get us there.

We may not sign one top ten player in our own state. Let that sink in, folks.

Colson is a big loss at a need position. This should have been a slam dunk.

Even with the COVID restrictions, we should be doing better than this. Taking marginal WRs with 4.9 40s isn’t going to placate the masses.

Man you got to come up with some new stuff this is so old. Take two laps while your at it.

Last edited:
Parental influences are only the biggest influences when it is anti Tennessee. See Darnell Washington, Jacob Copeland.

Junior Colson, Tennessee (182, 13 OLB) – Colson tested really well last spring on the camp circuit at 204 pounds. He’s added about 20 pounds since then and still carries it well and is very athletic. His film was an eye-catcher to a few of our analysts that had yet to dig in on it as well.

Reactions: T Dog

VN Store

Back