'21 TN OLB Junior Colson (Michigan commit)

We may not sign one top ten player in our own state. Let that sink in, folks.

Colson is a big loss at a need position. This should have been a slam dunk.

Even with the COVID restrictions, we should be doing better than this. Taking marginal WRs with 4.9 40s isn’t going to placate the masses.
None of the players in our state are top 10, so there's that. Top 10 in state doesn't really amount to much overall, when talking about the State of Tennessee.

I asked the question earlier in this thread...didn't get an answer... Is this guy actually FROM Tennessee, or does he just live in Tennessee now? If he was born here, are his parents from Tennessee, or are they transplants? Makes a huge difference when talking about in state talent.

None of the players in our state are top 10, so there's that. Top 10 in state doesn't really amount to much overall, when talking about the State of Tennessee.

I asked the question earlier in this thread...didn't get an answer... Is this guy actually FROM Tennessee, or does he just live in Tennessee now? If he was born here, are his parents from Tennessee, or are they transplants? Makes a huge difference when talking about in state talent.

Nope sorry sir all that matters is what zip code his mail is delivered to. If it falls within the border of TN he is a MUST HAVE and if he goes to another school it is a COMPLETE FAILURE BY THIS STAFF.

Nope sorry sir all that matters is what zip code his mail is delivered to. If it falls within the border of TN he is a MUST HAVE and if he goes to another school it is a COMPLETE FAILURE BY THIS STAFF.
Is he more of a must have just because of his zip code than any player who could be better than him but zip codes are in any other state. I want Colson to be apart of this class but we get way too concerned about where a recruit is from?

Should we want Prince more because his Zip code is East TN and not Nashville area?

Is he more of a must have just because of his zip code than any player who could be better than him but zip codes are in any other state. I want Colson to be apart of this class but we get way too concerned about where a recruit is from?

Should we want Prince more because his Zip code is East TN and not Nashville area?
Lol...you do realize who you just responded too, right?

The coaches board is based on proximity of the recruit's residence to Neyland stadium. The further away they live, the lower they are on the board. I can't believe we are trying to get a transfer from California when there is a qb at Knox Catholic, there must be a glitch.

AP got mad at me on VQ for repeating what they've been saying
You seemed to retreat somewhat when DylanVol doubled up on you. Austin won’t say it, but I don’t think he likes being bound by Simonton’s declarations.

You seemed to retreat somewhat when DylanVol doubled up on you. Austin won’t say it, but I don’t think he likes being bound by Simonton’s declarations.
I said in my original post that I didn’t necessarily agree but he asked a question or stated “I don’t understand why people are frustrated” or something to that affect. I posted why. I think folks around here know me well enough to know that I’m not worried about star rankings in April, but I put on there why some folks would be. I also posted what jesse has said that basically we aren’t trending with any blue chippers except maybe Cody Brown.

I agree with you tho, I don’t think he agrees with Jessie’s takes. That being said, it is frustrating that we’re likely to miss on Colson and Ritzie after already missing on Robinson. But I know we’ll finish top 10 come February so I’m not concerned.

I said in my original post that I didn’t necessarily agree but he asked a question or stated “I don’t understand why people are frustrated” or something to that affect. I posted why. I think folks around here know me well enough to know that I’m not worried about star rankings in April, but I put on there why some folks would be. I also posted what jesse has said that basically we aren’t trending with any blue chippers except maybe Cody Brown.

I agree with you tho, I don’t think he agrees with Jessie’s takes. That being said, it is frustrating that we’re likely to miss on Colson and Ritzie after already missing on Robinson. But I know we’ll finish top 10 come February so I’m not concerned.

Is it too much to ask though to get off to a decent start in recruiting? Three cycles in a row we've gotten off to a slow or poor start. I mean good lord I have to listen to my Maryland friend talk **** every day about how they are recruiting better than us. And of course I know by the time signing day rolls around we'll at least be in the Top 15 and eclipse them. But it would still be nice to feel good about recruiting other than the very end of the cycle.

Reactions: tatervol
Is it too much to ask though to get off to a decent start in recruiting? Three cycles in a row we've gotten off to a slow or poor start. I mean good lord I have to listen to my Maryland friend talk **** every day about how they are recruiting better than us. And of course I know by the time signing day rolls around we'll at least be in the Top 15 and eclipse them. But it would still be nice to feel good about recruiting other than the very end of the cycle.

Rather feel better at the end than at the beginning.

VN Store

Back