'21 TN OLB Junior Colson (Michigan commit)

Only have two LB committed. One edge, one inside. Weakest position for depth on the team.

Room for atleast one more ILB (Willis) and one EDGE (Colson). Maybe room for one more BPA linebacker. Swing for the fences on Mondon and others.

Defense is starting to fill up. May have to tell some really good players no for the first time in a long time. Feels good!

Need some hogmollies on each side of the ball now.

Is it too much to ask though to get off to a decent start in recruiting? Three cycles in a row we've gotten off to a slow or poor start. I mean good lord I have to listen to my Maryland friend talk **** every day about how they are recruiting better than us. And of course I know by the time signing day rolls around we'll at least be in the Top 15 and eclipse them. But it would still be nice to feel good about recruiting other than the very end of the cycle.
Here's a shocking secret. Nobody really cares how you feel.

Only have two LB committed. One edge, one inside. Weakest position for depth on the team.

Room for atleast one more ILB (Willis) and one EDGE (Colson). Maybe room for one more BPA linebacker. Swing for the fences on Mondon and others.

Defense is starting to fill up. May have to tell some really good players no for the first time in a long time. Feels good!

Need some hogmollies on each side of the ball now.
I feel like a couple of the dbs will de commit. Just a guess.

These Tennessee kids who were given an opportunity to rep the orange and slow played us are going to regret it in hindsight, especially at places like Michigan when it’s 3 degrees 4 months out of the year.

Like CJG said... no reservations. Gotta take your seat early or you can watch us eat.

These Tennessee kids who were given an opportunity to rep the orange and slow played us are going to regret it in hindsight, especially at places like Michigan when it’s 3 degrees 4 months out of the year.

Like CJG said... no reservations. Gotta take your seat early or you can watch us eat.
mmmmmmm Miiiichigaaaaan. mmmmm.

🤢🤮

Reactions: gainesvol82
One has to wonder, if his parents are so high on Michigan why are they living in TN?

It seems like Nashville has become so hot as a destination city with so many transplants from other states that a lot of the kids, especially the ones from schools like Brentwood Academy, grow up with parents who attended other colleges from their home states and who still follow those teams, especially since you can pretty much see every team each week on TV now. You typically grow up loving the things your parents love. The end result is they're not "raised properly" to love the Big Orange. Then throw in the effect of having the Titans to follow and it breaks the traditional home state loyalty, especially in Nashville.

This Colson kid may be one of those. He just doesn't seem to be interested in UT. I hope he enjoys Ann Arbor in January when there's only 8 hours of daylight and the high is 20 degrees (although global warming is mitigating that somewhat).

Reactions: Jackcrevol
One has to wonder, if his parents are so high on Michigan why are they living in TN?

Weren’t they from Michigan originally or have family from Michigan? The most logical guess would be they’re in or connected to the auto industry. Nashville has a growing auto industry presence and a lot of Michiganders are moving here because of that. Nissan is here (corporate office in Cool Springs, actually) and GM is in Spring Hill. But the bottom line is, people are moving from Michigan to Tennessee regardless of industry, not the other way around. Having lived in Michigan myself, I have no idea why you’d want to go back up there, unless you want to visit family.

Reactions: BreatheUT
Weren’t they from Michigan originally or have family from Michigan? The most logical guess would be they’re in or connected to the auto industry. Nashville has a growing auto industry presence and a lot of Michiganders are moving here because of that. Nissan is here (corporate office in Cool Springs, actually) and GM is in Spring Hill. But the bottom line is, people are moving from Michigan to Tennessee regardless of industry, not the other way around. Having lived in Michigan myself, I have no idea why you’d want to go back up there, unless you want to visit family.
Michigan is only cool because they have legalized MJ. Literally no other reason to go up there.

Those rumors started going around last night while the OSU/Mich game was replaying on ESPN. Probably just a joke post or OSU prank that picked up steam. I don't think it's real.

Reactions: VolInDayton

VN Store

Back