'22 TN DT Walter Nolen (Ole Miss)

Might should have read the entire post. It was explicitly stated I believe he will transfer from the school he initially signs with.

So yeah, what could possibly be the upside of signing a top 5 prospect, who goes to high school just down the road from your campus and who transfers out after a year or two?
I had read the rest of it... and your logic is absurd.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
I had read the rest of it... and your logic is absurd.

Coming from you, that is a compliment and testament as to the unassailable strength of the logic. I thank you for that, although I rather hope we wind up with him, either if he signs and stays, or signs elsewhere and transfers back.

Coming from you, that is a compliment and testament as to the unassailable strength of the logic. I thank you for that, although I rather hope we wind up with him, either if he signs and stays, or signs elsewhere and transfers back.
Your logic was that it's a mistake to sign one of the most highly touted players in the country, who plays for a public high school in north Knoxville.... due to the possibility that he might transfer later on.

That is a staggeringly stupid approach to recruiting.

Based on the clips from the Jamboree dude is practically unstoppable as far as HS kids trying to block him, I'm going to go see for myself when Powell rolls into Johnson City to play Science Hill
plays Maryville week 2... will be a good indicator of how dominate he can be going against one of the better teams in the state

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
That is a staggeringly stupid approach to recruiting.

That would be news to a lot of schools in the country, of which we are not currently on the list of. They back off players who are supremely talented or even talented above the school's normal recruiting level but have too many toys in the attic, so to speak, to want to deal with. Not all the time, mind you, but there have been some rumors to this effect about this kid, although frankly, only Alabama and Clemson (possibly Ohio State) could afford to say thanks but no thanks. UGA will take him in a heartbeat, but they are desperate for DL this go round.

For Tennessee? Yeah, recruit the hell out of him, hope he signs and sticks. It is possible I'm misreading the kid, hence why I said I think in the original post. And I would be perfectly happy with being wrong in my opinion unless the kid signs with Alabama, Georgia, Florida or anyone else not named Tennessee. If he does sign with someone else, I hope I am right and we get him on the rebound because a second transfer is bit more tricky for someone wanting to get to the NFL in three years.

Now, you may respond again with another silly insult, but I'm done explaining the nuances of this to you.

I also wonder if Walls could get a NIL deal for Walter with his investment group? 🤔 (has nothing to do with my previous post....just curious)
Once he signs on the dotted line, sure. Pretty sure TSSAA whatever would boot him pretty quick if he did so now.

I also wonder if Walls could get a NIL deal for Walter with his investment group? 🤔 (has nothing to do with my previous post....just curious)

He can as soon as Walter is done there. I “think” Walter can get around 600k per year on a 3 year deal the moment he signs with UT in NIL deals already. So add Walls’ deal onto it

VN Store

Back